Author Topic: Question about DC Multiverse figure  (Read 1175 times)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Question about DC Multiverse figure
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Hi everybody!

Okay, so I bought a DC Multiverse Zod figure the other night, because Terrance Stamp's Zod is one of my ALL-TIME favorite villains, and it was such a rad figure I just had to get it when I saw it. The paint job is fairly nice, though it could do with a wash to make the skin more pale, maybe add some grey into the hair... but anyway:

It has one of those annoying separate ball and socket type necks, (neck hole, ball joint, head all separate pieces) where if I want to remove the head for any reason, I have to boil and pop it. This often leads to wear and tear on the paint apps, and I'd like to keep Zod looking nice and pristine as long as possible.

Does anyone out there have any experience replacing one of those ball and sockets with the ball and socket type from a Clone Wars or Legacy line figure? I REALLY do not want to mess this figure up, but I want to be able to swap his head out if possible without having to boil and pop him every time.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Question about DC Multiverse figure
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »
I had this problem with a batman in this line, I boiled an popped the head off ,slightly dremeled it, then popped it back on. It fits snug but can pop it off if I want him to be unmasked

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 07:00:16 PM »
I had this problem with a batman in this line, I boiled an popped the head off ,slightly dremeled it, then popped it back on. It fits snug but can pop it off if I want him to be unmasked

That is a great idea! Even after I boiled it, it was REALLY snug on there! It could do with a little bit of wiggle room so that you can actually turn it. Thank you for that totally simple idea that flew right over my thick head!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:33:10 PM »

That is a great idea! Even after I boiled it, it was REALLY snug on there! It could do with a little bit of wiggle room so that you can actually turn it. Thank you for that totally simple idea that flew right over my thick head!

you are quite welcome! glad I could help, would like to see the end result though  ;)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 07:39:47 PM »
you are quite welcome! glad I could help, would like to see the end result though  ;)

Oh, you can be sure I'll post it here. Maybe if I can dremel it out just right, I can even swap it out with some of my Star Wars figs; I think he'd make a rad Mando!

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »

Oh, you can be sure I'll post it here. Maybe if I can dremel it out just right, I can even swap it out with some of my Star Wars figs; I think he'd make a rad Mando!

Very cool!