Author Topic: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME FOUR 19/08/2015 - ECHOES OF THE PAST PT. 3!  (Read 21244 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, Tok in Mandalorian Armor! Fantastic. I can't wait to see where this goes. I do like your take on Mandalorians. They sure aren't the weak folks portrayed in TCW. Fantastic storyline yet again. I can't wait to see the next chapter already! Thanks for sharing this with us Kualan. Off to give this a share.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Wow, Tok in Mandalorian Armor! Fantastic. I can't wait to see where this goes. I do like your take on Mandalorians. They sure aren't the weak folks portrayed in TCW. Fantastic storyline yet again. I can't wait to see the next chapter already! Thanks for sharing this with us Kualan. Off to give this a share.

Plenty more Mandalorian action to come! I've also been updating the Mandos' 3D models for future issues so there can be a wider range of Mandalorian characters. For example, this concept art of an updated Amelia (the Mandalore):

Also been making a whole range of new 3D models for the rest of the volume. Spoiler alert - the Mando armour isn't the only costume change Tok is going to have over the course of Volume Four! Also got a new Quarren mercenary character who will make an appearance soon:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Nice, this update looks great on the front page.

Man, that is some improvement int he work on Amelia! Love the Quarren too.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
This issue features one of my favourite opening pages in the whole series. I present, Volume Four Issue Ten - Horrors Of War!

Feedback/constructive criticism welcome!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Wow, love the cover. Let me go get this on the front page before I have to leave for work. I can't wait to read it during my lunch break today!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
Another excellent chapter, truly enjoyable! Its difficult for me to even comment on your technical prowess, as it is so far beyond what I could ever achieve. Thank you so much for your incredible work!!!! 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I couldn't wait till lunch so I read this during a break. What can I say other than fantastic. Tok is getting ready to be my favorite villain which is a feat after my favorite Kastrofa. You keep making the artwork and storyline better and better in my opinion. My only critique would be having to wait for more chapters! I can't wait to see what Tok and our gal Mandalore get into next. Thanks for sharing!

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
Oh the Horrors that i have been witnessed to. I can't take my eyes off of them,
They make me want more, TOK is the supreme villain. May his path of destruction be long and fruitful.
Great work, Thank you.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
Glad you guys liked the last issue! To try and keep with the spirit of the cancelled TV series I'm thinking of posting some accompaniments each time a new issue is uploaded similar to the episode guides of the show. Concept art, trivia, background information etc. What do folks think?

Also, a preview of Issue Eleven!
EDIT: [preview removed - full issue below]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:31:43 AM by Kualan »

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars Toyscapes (Facebook)
Rergarding adding supplementary information, yes, a very good idea :) I do the same for my Star Wars Toyscapes photostories on my FB group - when all the photos are loaded into a single post they can be read like a slideshow; in the text box beside them, I add background notes and deleted scenes etc. FB is a very good format for that kind of presentation, although a standalone web-site or blog with the same functionality and none of the general social clutter would be better. Or, add new posts below your story updates in Imperial Shipyards and contain each episode in a different thread to make for easier navigation?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Sounds like a great idea. What a great start to Issue 11 too. Talking how powerful their new tech is only to have it blow up in their face. Just awesome! Off to share.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
I'll create some extra pages on the Tales From The Clone Wars website (see my sig) for the supplementary material, I think. Expect to see it soon!

But for now, here's the next issue! Issue 11 - Intrigue!

Offline John Caliber

• Lieutenant
    • Star Wars Toyscapes (Facebook)
Re: Tales From The Clone Wars - VOLUME FOUR 25/01/2015 - ISSUE 11 - Intrigue!
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2015, 03:37:29 AM »
Another highly-impressive installment narratively and visually. If there's ever to be more TCW TV movies then the script is right here in this thread  :D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
On the front page. I will take some time to leave better comments than I did on the front page later.

Offline Kualan

• Background Jedi Fanboy
  • Colonel
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 04:23:20 AM »
Thanks folks, glad you're still enjoying it, I was worried the plot might be getting too crowded. This issue starts a new subplot for the volume with Palpatine running into trouble in the Senate. It's based on one of the plotlines for a future season of TCW that never made it to air.