Author Topic: Yuzzums' Customs  (Read 110820 times)

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: Yuzzums' Customs
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2014, 02:06:44 PM »
cool casting technique on that mando chick. I love the electro whip!

Thanks and beginner's luck for that technique.  Hot glue makes a nice stiff mold, but as the name implies, it's a ***** to get it off the figure.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:19:52 AM by Sjefke »

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
As I said on yakface before, I love your Cane Adiss custom, its one of my most wanted characters.  Any plans to cast the heads and sell them?

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2014, 06:55:13 AM »
As I said on yakface before, I love your Cane Adiss custom, its one of my most wanted characters.  Any plans to cast the heads and sell them?
Thanks Darth Sidious.  I'm really proud of him. 
I've got to try to mold those heads.  I'm not a seller, but I'm willing to trade or sell at cost. 
Would you be cool with a head cast?  I can talk you through making the necks.  If you're up to the challenge, I realized that those Hobbit Movie Warg figures would make a pretty good Cane body.
Be patient, because I'm terribly slow.  I owe CloneCrazy a couple of commissions for a while now.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2014, 07:03:57 AM »
I haven't posted anything in a while, but I have a few things in the works.  Here's an idea for you guys who make and sell head casts.  A couple of guys on JTA were lamenting that they never found TLC Slave Leia figures and couldn't afford the aftermarket prices just to get the base.  I luckily had already started experimenting with casting and had a couple of samples ready to go.

The one on the left is the original.  I think I matched the color of the cloth and the boots better than Hasbro did.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:07:55 AM by Sjefke »

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2014, 07:14:49 AM »
Thanks Darth Sidious.  I'm really proud of him. 
I've got to try to mold those heads.  I'm not a seller, but I'm willing to trade or sell at cost. 
Would you be cool with a head cast?  I can talk you through making the necks.  If you're up to the challenge, I realized that those Hobbit Movie Warg figures would make a pretty good Cane body.
Be patient, because I'm terribly slow.  I owe CloneCrazy a couple of commissions for a while now.

I'd love a cast of each head,  and I have a body in mind.  I have a trade list in my signature, or I am happy to buy them.  When you have free time, shoot me a pm - thanks a lot!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2014, 07:24:28 AM »
As I said on yakface before, I love your Cane Adiss custom, its one of my most wanted characters.  Any plans to cast the heads and sell them?

I'd love a cast of each head,  and I have a body in mind.  I have a trade list in my signature, or I am happy to buy them.  When you have free time, shoot me a pm - thanks a lot!

LOL, Dude, do you live here?  I just replied to you like 5 minutes ago.
I'd love to see your version.
PM on Yakface?  :D

BTW
THE Darth Sidious.  OMG, I'm honored.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:40:31 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2014, 09:04:34 AM »
I have been wondering what you have been up to. I agree that base is one hard to find item and you have created a version that looks better than the original to me. Off to share.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
As I said on yakface before, I love your Cane Adiss custom, its one of my most wanted characters.  Any plans to cast the heads and sell them?

I'd love a cast of each head,  and I have a body in mind.  I have a trade list in my signature, or I am happy to buy them.  When you have free time, shoot me a pm - thanks a lot!

LOL, Dude, do you live here?  I just replied to you like 5 minutes ago.
I'd love to see your version.
PM on Yakface?  :D

BTW
THE Darth Sidious.  OMG, I'm honored.

haha, I just happened to be online at the same time. You nailed the likeness, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would like the casts.   I have no time to sculpt, so I'll gladly incorporate your work with mine, you did an awesome job!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2014, 10:03:06 AM »
Nothing wrong with living on here Sjefke! ;D

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:45 AM »
Nothing wrong with living on here Sjefke! ;D
Did I say there was anything wrong with it?  ;)

I have been wondering what you have been up to. I agree that base is one hard to find item and you have created a version that looks better than the original to me. Off to share.
I cant find the time to get down to my work table.
... and thanks Tamer.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:44:48 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 02:17:16 PM »
Probably everyone has done a Black Aurra Sing.  I made this one a couple of years ago for my daughter (recurrent theme?), but I recently updated it.  I dont think anyone was happy with that big white plastic antennae on her head, so I finally did something about it.  Everyone has pins, right?  All I did was cut off the existing plastic, shove the pin in its place and cut off the pin head.  It's not quite as child-safe, but my kids have outgrown the action figures. .... at least playing with them.  They both expressed interest in making their own customs!  

Hey, CustomsForTheKid.  Any pointers on making the family customizing business work?

More challenging stuff coming soon.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 12:09:48 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 06:05:01 PM »
great looking figure. I like the pin in her head. I may make that mod toy Aurra sing. Thanks for the idea.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2014, 03:05:32 AM »
Oh yeah, tons better. Time to take this to the front page!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
Thanks Hanzo and Tamer
Hanzo, I'm loving your stuff.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »
I just finished a commission from a friend to whom I owed a favor.  He asked for a super-articulated Season 5 TCW Barriss Offee.

Just like with Scuba Ahsoka, I started with the lower body from Space Ahsoka There almost the same size as Barriss', but Ahsoka is a little more spritely, so I widened her hips with Aves Sculpt. I flattened out the shape of Ahsoka's boots and carved in Barriss' boots.

The elbows were a challenge. I found a couple of 2 inch human figures from the MechTech Transformer line which had really 6 small ball joints. I popped off the knees and inserted them in Barriss' elbows. As small as they wee, I still had to sand them down a lot.

I knew there was no way I could reproduce those facial tattoos, so I ordered an extra figure from Asia, while the prices were still < $10.  I took TCW Barriss' head and carved off her hood. The hood is still intact BTW. I took Green Stuff and sculpted on four layers of hair, letting each layer cure before starting the next. When the shape was about right, I carved out the individual locks. Then I sculpted on the head cover with Aves.

I've always considered the faces of TCW figures too bland, so I wanted Barriss to have some attitude. I carved a small frown in the corners of her mouth and filled it in with a fine point brown Sharpie. I consider Barriss' eyes  perfect, so I just sculpted on thickened lower eye lids. I got lucky and found Vallejo Game Color, desert yellow.  It's a perfect match for Barriss' skin color.  I sanded down the original eyebrows and re-drew them as angry as I could.  Finally, I just covered over any mistakes with green paint.

WIPs

Final

Thanks ISY
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:38:07 PM by Sjefke »