Author Topic: Yuzzums' Customs  (Read 111224 times)

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
Re: Yuzzums' Customs
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2014, 07:17:36 AM »
That's a crazy build!  Beautiful work.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2014, 07:32:25 AM »
That is ridiculous! Good job!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
This is easily one of the most involved builds I have ever seen. Talk about things to figure out with every turn. You have got to be pleased with the results. I appreciate you sharing your step by step process with us. Bravo sir.

Off to share.

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2014, 10:08:30 AM »
Amazing work!

Dumb question - where did you get the reference photo for Cane's full body"

Offline poke_wars

• Cadet
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2014, 02:48:10 PM »
Awesome Awesome Awesome work i loved the shield  storm1

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2014, 03:43:49 PM »
Thank you Tamer and thanks everybody.  Cane was a labor of love and a lot of fun.

Amazing work!

Dumb question - where did you get the reference photo for Cane's full body"

Thanks Darth Crassus.  This was my inspriation.

Just kidding, but at one point, I did consider making him two separate symbiotic aliens.  I saw thie giraffe image and thought, "Naaah".

Hardly a dumb question.  I spent a good long time trying to find the answer to that, myself.  If you don't fall asleep easily, I left my dissertation at the top of page 5. :-X  There are no reference images for a Yuvernian body.   The various Star-Wars-pedias have different ideas. Some say he's 'snake-like', other say 'horse-like'. 7 I actually prefer Yoda-pedia, the Dutch Wookiepedia for Star Wars references.   There are a few sketches done over the years, but nothing is canon as far as I know.  Star Wars Blogs had a discussion about Cane's body during the summer, and concluded that there is no official Yuvernian body.

I just knew the body had to be massive to support those two 3 - 4 foot heads on 10+ foot necks.   As far as form, I just used my imagination.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:19:50 PM by Sjefke »

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »
Man i saw this over at the yakface  contest section and i have to say this has got to be the best build for this character i have ever seen !  Outstanding my friend!!!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:37 AM »
Man i saw this over at the yakface  contest section and i have to say this has got to be the best build for this character i have ever seen !  Outstanding my friend!!!
Thanks MJ77

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »
This was totally worth the wait. This is a stunning custom mate you have totally done it justice.

Ron

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »
This was totally worth the wait. This is a stunning custom mate you have totally done it justice.

Ron

Thanks Ron

I am very proud of this one  8)

Jeff

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: Female Mando, Rare Earth Magnets and Electro-whips (Rawhide!)
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
Here's my very first scratch custom, somewhere in 2009.  Yeah, yeah, another custom for my daughter.  She wanted a lady Boba Fett, because her brother had Boba and Jango already.  Hey, Mandalorians are cool.

I could have save myself hours of time by getting an EE Mandolorian Elite set, but those were running $40.  $40 for action figures!.   That's crazy talk!
I saw the Plourr Ilo comic packs on sale for a ridiculous $6 and thought, what the heck.  I'll make one.  How hard could it be?   :-X
Well, I filed her down and cut the arms and legs with an X-acto blade, untill the flight suit was gone and she had a more feminine shape.  I molded the armor with of all things hot glue ( :o  Holy McGiver ! ) and cast it directly onto her chest with green stuff.   Hey.  It worked.

But to give Genna Fett an edge over the bigger, tougher Mandos, I gave her a pair of original weapons.  
First, PLASMA SHURIKANS !  Held in place with tiny 1mm rare earth magnets.

Next, I gave her a Ferengi weapon; the ELECTRO-WHIP !
I took Darth Malevil's electro-whip, casted it and inserted thin packing wire.  When it was set, I took plain old silicon sealer and mixed in a drop of fluorescent yellow paint.   I also made an un-ignited hilt, which can hang from her belt also with rare earth magnets.
If you try this, start your application at the tip of the whip.  If you start at the hilt, you wont have anything to hold when you've got 5 inches of dangling, sticky silicon.  

CRACK!
RAWHIDE

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 01:59:42 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:06 AM »
Wow, that is awesome. Love the accessories this one has. I bet your daughter was happy.

Off to share.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2014, 06:59:06 AM »
OK your Cane Adiss is the best version I have seen. I loved the WIP rundown you gave us as well as sharing the info you put together. I have wanted to make this alien for years! I never made him because I could not decide what to do with his body. I had decided I liked the short snake like body idea but after reading your process and seeing the completed work, I like yours the best now. There were a lot of "large fellows" in the Palace so I can see how this could work now. The build is just spectacular! You have really gone all out and used many materials to achieve your final goal. So glad the paint came together in the end on all of those different surfaces. Did you tape off the silicone parts when you spray painted? If not what was the reaction? Thanks for sharing the detailed information I really loved seeing ths one come together! Excellent work.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2014, 08:29:01 AM »
OK your Cane Adiss is the best version I have seen. I loved the WIP rundown you gave us as well as sharing the info you put together. I have wanted to make this alien for years! I never made him because I could not decide what to do with his body. I had decided I liked the short snake like body idea but after reading your process and seeing the completed work, I like yours the best now. There were a lot of "large fellows" in the Palace so I can see how this could work now. The build is just spectacular! You have really gone all out and used many materials to achieve your final goal. So glad the paint came together in the end on all of those different surfaces. Did you tape off the silicone parts when you spray painted? If not what was the reaction? Thanks for sharing the detailed information I really loved seeing ths one come together! Excellent work.

Thanks so much Sprywalker

I was afraid I had overdone it with the WIP process.

The body could look like anything, but I stand by my opinion that he has to be big.  I found inspiration from several prehistoric mammals from the Smithsonian and the tail was from a flying squirrel that my cat presented to me one night. 

I'd love to see other customizers' interpretation of Cane, done as the big 2-headed snake or two symbiotic aliens, like I-AM-BOBA-FETT's version.

Yes, I taped off the nitrile necks and the tail, but the tail didn't need it.  That stuff is as impervious as Superman's baby blanket.  The tiny amount of spray-over flaked right off.  In the end, the paint stuck, and I could blend ithe butt and the tail base.  I attribute the change in the silicon (unsubstantiated guess) to the Sharpie ink and alcohol putting on some sort of layer that would at least take some washes of Vallejo.  Aves seems to stick to silicon well.  I smeared that over about 8 mm of the base of the tail and there's no seem visible.  I don't know if I'd recommend the silicon as a custom material.  It's hard to work with, and it doesn't flex nearly as well as I'd hoped.  Before the silicon, the tail tip could point completely forward.

Likewise, the spray paint easily scraped off the glass eyes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:05:18 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »
cool casting technique on that mando chick. I love the electro whip!