Author Topic: Special Podcast with Galactic Merchants!  (Read 8373 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Special Podcast with Galactic Merchants!
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:04:51 PM »
I think we have all been amazed at what these folks have been able to accomplish in so short a time. I mean lets face it how long have we all wanted cool display dioramas based on SW themes!

I am happy to announce that Chad and I will be hosting a special podcast to get the low down on these and they have even been kind enough to answer a panel of question you folks put together. So please use this area to get any and all questions you have related to this awesome project. And if you haven't yet seen their Indiegogo Campaing click here:

http://igg.me/at/CustomStarWarsDisplayProject/x/3881808

Offline MsComicStar86

• Lieutenant
    • Facebook
Re: Special Podcast with Galactic Merchants!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
My questions are, Are you going to make many scenes from prequels and trilogy? Also are you going to make bigger dios for battlepacks?

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
Based on the photo of the Death Star hallway with the trio of boxes in it, are diorama accessories planned?

Based on the pic in which design elements are in different spots on each example, will the display elements be modular for customer customization or are there several sets of pre-detailed walls being offered?

Will the designs be available unpainted for a lower price for those of us that like to paint our own stuff?
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
MsComicStar86 has sure gotten some of my own questions in there.

And Dan, daggone very well thought out stuff. I like the idea about folks being able to paint them up themselves. See, this is why I wanted to do this. I knew you guys would come up with way better questions than I could come up with.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »
This project looks amazing and I've been following it for a while.  You guys know how much I love a good dio ;)

I do have some questions.  

- For those of us who would love to purchase more of these sets after the Indiegogo campaign is completed, what is the plan?  Will these be offered online, eBay, Facebook, etc?  I could see many people jumping on after the first reviews come online, or wanting extra sets to display their ever-growning collection.  Please, make these available after the campaign is over as well.  My shelf needs to be coated in these things.

- Are extra separate floor pieces planned, so we can add some flooring to the front, so we could display more figures?

- Could we get more details on the Cantina items teased, or the other items mentioned on the campaign page?  As mentioned before, the prop boxes in the photos?  Maybe things for other toylines?  I'd love to see what these guys have on tap!

- and finally, please make more modern Early Bird sets available.  So I can buy at least one. ;)

cheers and thanks Tamer for sharing this!

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
I love the dioramas so far. Any chance of using this to create modular parts for a complete Cantina diorama? Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
I am a huge fan of this and avid supporter and will promote this project as best as I can.

I guess, my questions would be something along these lines...

- When do you expect to have your first real prototype done?

- The campaign reached its goal a lot faster than the 40 day goal.  Does that mean that orders will start being filled prior to November?

- Some people have been asking me about the "finish" on these.  I believe you are looking to have these sold as painted - are you achieving that by using colored plastics?  Also, how "smooth" do you expect these to be?

- I am sure you are looking at other OT environments - and maybe even some prequel ones, right?  But... do you plan on possibly branching out and making some backgrounds/walls for other genres, such as GI JOE?

Thank you!

0/

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »
to expand on what was asked earlier about the floor extensions...is there going to be 3 and 4 way corridors? Or corners to added a more customized diorama or playset feel?  Or are they going to be stackable after all the deathstar had many floors!?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »
Wow, what great questions. This is gonna be one cast where I won't have to say much. Folks will probably like that!

I appreciate it folks. Keep em coming.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
Chewie, I imagine the answer to shipping before November is no.  As I understand it, the campaign is to raise the money to buy the printer to make the parts.  Funding will not occur until the end of the campaign, so they can't get the money to buy the printer until then.  That is, of course, *my* take on your question given what I've read and what I know of kickstarter and igg campaigns.  Now, that said, having proof of funds from an igg campaign may well be enough for a small-business loan to secure the printer early and make that answer a yes.

My main questions:

Are you using the 3d printer to make prototypes that you will turn around and use as master-parts to be molded or are you 3d printing each piece?

What printer are you planning to purchase & how many?

As others have asked, are you already designing other sets and expansion pieces?

Offline UKHistory

• Cadet
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
My questions are the following:

1) Would you consider holding a fan vote on what next to scultp and sell? 

2) What is the feasibility of allowing for a level of opening or closing doors?  What I see is amazing--just curioius.

3) What is next?  Docking bay 94?  Bespin?  Hoth?  Jabba's palace?

As a donor I just want to say thanks and great job thus far.  I wish this enterprise nothing but the best.  Say Enterprise--there is a thought.

Sincerely,

David J. Downey

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
I'm also a financial supporter of this venture and I'm extremely happy that their goal was met so quickly...hopefully this means more diorama goodness from them soon!

There's already a ton of great questions, so I have only one I don't think has been asked yet:

- Will the mechanism that allows each wall to "lock" with the corresponding panels be universal (i.e. meaning that they could be used to connect to other future dio sets, allowing the customer to customize some different/unique dio backgrounds)?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:36:55 PM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 06:20:00 PM »
Wow, yet more great questions. I can't wait to askt them. I will let you know when we secure the date.

Offline darthchuckmc

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:01 AM »
I was glad to contribute to this and cannot wait until the finished products are available. I'm definitely interested in purchasing more pieces once the guys have every set up.

I posed it on the campaign comments, but wanted to ask it again here:

Have they considered other pieces of the Tantive IV like the hidden hallways Leia and the Droids duck in?
Are they considering adding other Death Star wall pieces like the control room the Rebels first enter on the Death Star or the Detention Level control room with consoles?
Any thoughts on doing Jabba's Palace walls and archways?
Are they going to expand to accessories like the boxes shown with the Death Star walls, cantina tables and chairs, Imperial Briefing room table and chairs (especially Tarkin's)?

Most importantly...have they considered removing the words "Tantive IV" & "Death Star" from the campaign page to avoid any legal trouble, possibly delaying or halting production?

Offline epocherbs

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
You have 4 styles shown but only offer 2. Will the other 2 be offered?  [at1]