Author Topic: Two Seater AT-ST!  (Read 14748 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Two Seater AT-ST!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 04:54:47 AM »
Oh great a Walmart Exclusive, add this to the list of things I'll never see!
Wait a tic, if this thing seats two why does it only come with one driver, where are we going to get another AT-AT Driver on such short notice!?

I believe Hasbro did say that they were going to put this same figure on a card later this year or next year so that we had 2 to go with it (though you'd THINK they'd have it coming out at the same time...WAY TO PLAN AHEAD HASBRO!!!).  Also, I'm sure I'll see plenty of these, so if you're wanting one, just let me know and I'll see if I can hook you up!  And if not me, then someone here for sure!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 04:59:49 AM »
Wait a tic, if this thing seats two why does it only come with one driver, where are we going to get another AT-AT Driver on such short notice!?

We asked that question in our last Q and A round and they answered they were going to release another atst driver down the road. As far as At-At drivers I know where a couple are, well maybe more than a couple. I am sure some Shipyarders could help you secure yours too Fett.

I just might have to get two and brainwash, I mean bribe, one of you into giving it a Hothy type of paint job so it can have at-at drivers in it. Still, we all know that Hasbro is notorious for repainting and repacking. There will probably be a Hoth one down the road as another store exclusive for fifty bucks or so. As for the articulation I can sure see what you are saying StenHunter. I am reminded of the knobby knees syndrome that caused one of em to crash on Endor cause the legs wouldn't articulate much. Still, I don't know if there is such a thing as too much articulation. I am, however, having issues with the size of the feet on this thing. I need to watch the movies again to see if they are more movie accurate, but did anyone notice the comparison shots of the old one by the new one? It looks like the old one's feet are bigger than the new one. I am also wondering about the toe accuracy too. Do movie versions only have the one toe?

Overall though, I am very excited for this addition and only really had hoped for an TESB theme, but I can live with the ROTJ design. The replaceable cannons is just an awesome feature. I love how the main turret is really movie accurate down to the guard rails on top and the windows that fold down.  It will definitely be one of my few Hasbro purchases this year.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:17:47 AM »
Personally, I'd MUCH rather pay the $40 for one now and customize it to my liking than wait and pay more than that for a similar, though crappy version of what you wanted to begin with!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »
Personally, I'd MUCH rather pay the $40 for one now and customize it to my liking than wait and pay more than that for a similar, though crappy version of what you wanted to begin with!

Don't forget, there is the packaging and box design and insert that is part of the minty collector in me too. If they did come out with an ESB themed one I would probably get it. All that being said, I probably will pick up and extra one to open and see if I can get one of the gang here to do her up snow theme for me.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »
Tamer, , I would be more than happy to give you any custom hoth look you want on this beast when it comes out. Just shoot me a line.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 04:31:12 AM »
Tamer, , I would be more than happy to give you any custom hoth look you want on this beast when it comes out. Just shoot me a line.

I appreciate the offer, I just might take you up on it!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »
The new AT-ST is killer. Superb!! Here are some differences I noticed between the 2 AT-ST versions. I can say the new one is more accurate. I don't have the old or new Hasbro AT-ST  - the old one I've seen in person at a good friend, and the new one I hope to get one day.

The old one was never too accurate alas: legs too short, weapons different from the ones in the movie (frontal cannons should be pairs and on same level, on the left should be a concussion launcher and on right a set of rockets and cannon) - the new one got all these right. The new Hasbro has the legs ok but still needs the cutter toe thing in front  - the old one had it better made. And the new one is  missing the supports on the back of the legs that look like a lever.

Differences circled in red:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »

We asked that question in our last Q and A round and they answered they were going to release another atst driver down the road. As far as At-At drivers I know where a couple are, well maybe more than a couple. I am sure some Shipyarders could help you secure yours too Fett.
That was suppose to be AT-ST Driver on short notice I was just typing too fast, I have plenty AT-AT Drivers. I hope they will be releasing a new SA AT-ST Driver as opposed to recarding that Saga version! I mean that new Scanning Tech is the perfect base for several Imperials.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »
I just read in Yakface that this has been seen in the UK in, of all places, a TRU?

here is the link

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 05:47:22 AM »
Am I just wrong, or was this supposed to be a wal-mart exclusive? Hmm...out in the UK? Surely it ought to be hitting a few stores here then! I think it is time to start doing a store run or two on the weekends for me now!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 05:54:15 AM »
will keep an eye out here... :D

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 06:47:53 AM »
That thing looks awesome.
Might have to do some checking around too.
Wont be able to hit a TRU until next Friday, but will check all the other stores.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 07:10:22 AM »
I need 1 or 2 depending on price point,   Guess I gotta start looking for it

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 07:30:12 AM »
I still believe it is supposed to be $40 here. I sure didn't expect it to be showing up this early.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
To me $40 is fair,  I can do that, I was just hopping it wouldn't be at the new $64 mark they like for some of the larger items