Author Topic: Re: A little something for the 40th pg 33 from mr.jedi1977  (Read 75382 times)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Love the "stovetop" droid! :)

Thanks Starchaser i am very fond of this creation lol i havent seen many customs of this droid .

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Wow, fantastic update. You will see on the front page I was partial to R2. That looks great, just like I envisioned.
Thanks a bunch Tamer , to answer your question Hasbro did make this figure which is what is pictured . It was offered as a toys r us exclusive . It came with luke And his X-wing along with Vader and his Tie fighter . To my knowledge it wasnt a good seller . Anyhow I just did a quick paint job to enhance r2 and dremmeled out part of the body to have a real looking arm coming out of the body ! Glad you like it .

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Very Nice Mr Jedi, especially the Twin Pod Cloud Car Pilot and Death Star Gunner, his chest plate looks removable, if thats the case an added bonus for removable gear.

Thank you Foxtrot  The gunners armor is removable . I used a tie fighter pilot sanded down the chest plate both front and back. I never liked the arms on this figure when it first came out

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Well done mate, these are awesome, I'm loving your work on the Emperor!
 I appreciate the words ...The emperor was one i have wanted to do for a long time i just needed to work up the courage to take apart an expensive figure but it paid off and i am happy !

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Love the stovetop droid.
Do you have any reference images?

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Love the stovetop droid.
Do you have any reference images?

Thank you Sjefke the best reference believe it or not was the actual scene in the movie lol i watched it a few times then paused it . other than that would be to google the image under M-YHD droid  which aren't the best quality .

Offline Stronox

• Commander
    • Stronox Custom Figures
Man...You are a wealth of info on all the background characters!! I am liking this thread a lot and am enjoying your work!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Man...You are a wealth of info on all the background characters!! I am liking this thread a lot and am enjoying your work!

Stronox Thank you very much for your words , That's a huge compliment coming from you ! I still have plenty more back round characters in the works coming soon !

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Death Star droid , what type of paint did you use on him, and the emperor looks awesome!  Great work!!!

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
Great stuff Artie, I'm particularly fond of the Emperor... :D Have done a custom version of him a while ago as well (one of the figures Hasbro never got right ;) ), have you considered the ROTS hood for him? I found it pretty appropriate... Great work especially on the head/hair, didn't go that far with my version...
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Really liking that Stovetop droid. Nice work on the other figures too!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Death Star droid , what type of paint did you use on him, and the emperor looks awesome!  Great work!!!
Thank you Stan . On the death star droid i used a falt black primer then used a glossy black finish. Both were spray paint s

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Great stuff Artie, I'm particularly fond of the Emperor... :D Have done a custom version of him a while ago as well (one of the figures Hasbro never got right ;) ), have you considered the ROTS hood for him? I found it pretty appropriate... Great work especially on the head/hair, didn't go that far with my version...
Thanks Blizzard Force. I have not done an upgraded Emperor before until now , to which i agree Hasbro never got it right. I wish i would have though of the ROTS hood , I think i may have to do an upgrade lol Thanks for the comment

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Really liking that Stovetop droid. Nice work on the other figures too!
thank you as always I-am-Boba-Fett for the comment. I to really like the stove top droid myself .

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Loving your work old friend! some really awesome figures in here.