Author Topic: Iron Man 3  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Iron Man 3
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/exclusive-iron-man-3-trailer-shows-tony-stark-164716198.html

The latest trailer for this 4th adventure of Tony Stark is the best yet.  I'm sure many of you've seen or heard about it, but you have to watch the whole thing and see what you think.  I got chills at the end, and am more excited than I've been yet!  I just hope it doesn't end up being cheese rather than heroic, because I think it could go either way for sure.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Iron Man 3
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
So thats the trailer I missed the other day with the hulkbuster armor. So cool. I think Tony made the Avengers, my wife even enjoyed his humor. Gonna be going to see this one for sure. It will be a good way to start the summer.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:22:11 AM »
That is a cool trailer, the best that I have seen for this one. Who does tony get to pilot all of those suits?
When is the release date for this by the way? Could it be during my vacation with the wife? She loves Iron Man.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
That is a cool trailer, the best that I have seen for this one. Who does tony get to pilot all of those suits?
When is the release date for this by the way? Could it be during my vacation with the wife? She loves Iron Man.

I read he actually has them as drones (which makes the most sense to me as well, especially when you notice the scene where Stark jumps into his IM suit is the same background as when the IM army shows up). 

I have been excited for this for-well-EVER.  Seriously IM was a fav as a kid and still is, I hate what Marvel did to him in the comics (major reason I quit reading modern comics).  But it really does my heart proud to be able to say Iron Man and everyone knows who I mean, and even better now that people are "Hey who's this Mandrin guy, he seems cool." and I get to show off my nerd prowess in a cool way.   

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:21 PM »
Went and seen this one on opening day with the wife in strangely enough, an almost empty theater.
Let me tell you what, this is the best iron man movie and more than likely will be the best superhero movie of the year.
More later, fixing to take off from Atlanta airport.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 04:45:54 AM »
I enjoyed it too. We went to a mostly packed premiere he in our small town. It was a bit violent at certain points for my little gal, but she still enjoyed it. We loved the last part (spoiler alert) where all the armors were unveiled. It was also nice to see that Downey Jr. isn't done yet and the Avengers scene with Dr. Banner was cool too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 09:31:36 AM »
I take it that scene was in the credits? I didn't stick around for that.
Good action all around and it was good to see more of stark as a person.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 04:30:49 PM »
I take it that scene was in the credits? I didn't stick around for that.
Good action all around and it was good to see more of stark as a person.

Yes, everyone asked me why I was staying while the credits were rolling. I said they always have a new preview once the credits are over. I got a few to stay. They were glad they did. ;D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 06:40:34 AM »
I finally saw this the other day... And I'm not impressed.  Probably my least favorite of the trilogy.  I think they wasted so much potential on changing things to meet their vision, so much so that they're completely ruined one of Stark's greatest and deadliest enemies.  Spoilers below, turn back now if you don't want to see them...

The Mandarin is an actor???  Seriously????  Worst movie decision I can think of in a long time.  I was looking forward to seeing the Mandarin use his Ten Rings of Power against Tony and a huge battle royale between the two.  Instead, he's a drunk actor.  I seriously almost left the theater at that point.  Then there's the Extremis story arc.  While I didn't read it in the comics, I do know that Stark had built a suit to directly combat the Extremis-enhanced villains.  Tony built his Mark III in a matter of hours, same with most of his suits.  He had 42 suits, and none could withstand the Extremis?  Come on already.  Part of the fun of Iron Man, for me, was seeing Tony come up with new suits on the spot to combat whatever challenge that faced him.  I know his house got blown up (probably the only part of the movie I thought was good, seeing Pepper don the suit like that and seeing the struggles), but he had access to Stark Tower and Stark Industries.  You're telling me he couldn't have Jarvis start working on specs for an Extremis Armor?  I know it adds to the suspense and stuff, but get serious.  I did like Cheadle's Rhodey and Iron Patriot, I think they were the best parts in the whole movie.  And I can be ok with him not calling in The Avengers on his own, but you can't tell me that S.H.I.E.L.D wasn't keeping tabs on this and wouldn't send SOMEONE to help out, like Black Widow, or Hawkeye, or even Cap to make some sort of cameo.  The President gets taken hostage and every military entity at our disposal is just sitting at home? 

Sorry, too many holes, too many missed opportunities, for my liking.  It wasn't the WORST movie I've ever seen, and I'll probably buy it to complete the trilogy, but definitely missed the mark on this one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
Yeah,  a lot of people seem let down by this. I thought it was ok, but definitely not the best of the trilogy.