Author Topic: GI-Joe Retaliation wave Cyber Ninja Review  (Read 6580 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
GI-Joe Retaliation wave Cyber Ninja Review
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:06 PM »
This is the second figure of this wave to get a review and I found the wave again today at a Walmart. Shocked the hell out of me to see something new on their pegs.

Paint apps look pretty cool as does the sculpt

articulation
ball jointed head, shoulders, waist, hips, elbows, angles, with the double jointed knees. The wrists have a swivel joint set up below the elbow.

pack-ins
two futuristic looking pistols and a rifle
a crimson horseman repainted backpack with opening flap but no mines
the obligitory sword backpack
two ninja looking swords

a triple suction cup affair connected by a string for scaling windows, I would assume with a hand pulley device for traveling along the string. I didnt try it out but it seems like a cool idea and i like it more than the zipline backpacks and would add to this figures playability.

paint apps are interesting and the articulation is good. This guy looks pretty cool. I wish he had a removable helmet or a flip visor but all in all he is an interesting figure and should do well in this wave.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: GI-Joe Retaliation wave Cyber Ninja Review
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:24 AM »
See if you agree with my comments on the front page.

I bet the JOE guys are doing back flips in the street right now some of these figures look so good with such good articulation and so many awesome pack ins.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
Hey, I thought he had another head?  The one from the Mercenary Wraith from 2008.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:57:27 AM »
Hey, I thought he had another head?  The one from the Mercenary Wraith from 2008.

They changed the visor on him, I think it looks 100% better now.  If you flip the visor up it's still Wraith under there.    

Once they did that change to me this figure gained a bunch.  Great review once again.  

I must say I see all these great packs in and I am trying to not compare the JOE Line to the SW Line, but I am having a horrible time not saying what if they would do a bit of that with SW. I don't know how they can do one line so great and leave their other ones lacking. It feels like its gonna be a Hasbro rant day.

In fairness, that is pretty much what the Joe fans were saying last year with the TF reveals (granted we didn't know how the TPM wave was going to hurt things yet).  Just saying Joe had one of the worst years ever last year.   30th got cut off because they moved Retaliation up, then Retaliation got pushed back again due to the fear of Avengers.  The whole toyline was screwed up.  Just sayin'
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:04:06 AM by zedhatch »

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »
Zed that is a pretty good point although how many of those figures actually made it to store pegs and then how many now are we hearing are just cancelled altogether. I made the thought in another thread that perhaps the rationale is that emphasis is place on lines during movie years so that could mean good news for SW too.

Offline CheesyKNAC

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:44 AM »
Where are you guys getting these new Joe figures at?? I can't find them anywhere!!!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:41:51 AM »
Zed that is a pretty good point although how many of those figures actually made it to store pegs and then how many now are we hearing are just cancelled altogether. I made the thought in another thread that perhaps the rationale is that emphasis is place on lines during movie years so that could mean good news for SW too.

Well, Like I said at the time (last year) the backlog of TPM hadn't happened so to a Joe fan it was horrid.  Granted I collect across those lines so for me it wasn't as big a deal (in fact with my finances the way they were last year I couldn't afford anything anyway, but even then it was rough). 

But think about the poor Marvel Fans, maybe one more wave (If it ever gets to the stores), Iron Man 3, Wolverine, they are probably a bit jeious too LOL. 

I think flat truth is Hasbro had a very bad year across the board and I think they know it.  They seem to know they peeved off fans accross the board from what I am reading.  I just wonder IF they can recover or if it's too late. 

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
nice score at Walmart!!! Joes are starting to look better and better now days..

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »
Zed, i tried to flip up a visor but dont see that it is more than a solid head. I sure would have taken a pic if he had a flip visor.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 09:51:27 PM »
Really, hmmm.  I'll look and see if I have a pic with the visor up.  

Yeah from the press pics, took me a second.  Odd that they would have a press pic for TF if the visor is stuck down. Then again looking at it it appears to be the old visor too.  Weird indeed.   

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
I thought that i had seen that pic. Yep, the press pic is of a different head. That visor does look different and yes, i did double check. must have been a production problem with the flip visor head. Too bad, that would have taken this figure to stardom.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 10:10:24 AM »
I thought that i had seen that pic. Yep, the press pic is of a different head. That visor does look different and yes, i did double check. must have been a production problem with the flip visor head. Too bad, that would have taken this figure to stardom.

That is the same head from Mercenary Wraith from the 25th Anniversarfy line. The Cyber Ninja was supposed to come with it as an alternate head but the second head was dropped for costing.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 10:51:39 AM »

I'm actually glad it's not included, made the figure Wraith to me in that case.  Knowing his visor is in place I might make him an army builder now. 

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Liking this one, particularly for the body armor and helmet.  I'll likely have to swap out feet as I'm not a fan of the ninja footwear, but that's no biggie.