Author Topic: Sneak Atack Storm Shadow Wave 2 GI-JOE Retaliation review  (Read 9119 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Sneak Atack Storm Shadow Wave 2 GI-JOE Retaliation review
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »
Got this one in the mail today which is the second of the new Retaliation wave 2 figures that I have seen.
I was expecting something very similar to the Flnt Figure that I got earlier in the week and surprisingly enough, I was wrong.
 Figure Articulation First
Sneak Attack Stormie has
Ball jointed head
Double Jointed shoulders
Double Jointed elbows
Single jointed wrists
a Ball torso joint below the chest
Pin ball jointed hips
the always favorite double jointed knees "ahh yes"
and double jointed ankles

So, with the exception of the wave 1 Clone Wars like double jointed wrists, we are back to the articulation that we had come to expect from a good looking joe figure like this and he is good looking. Body and head sculpt look good and the paint apps are nice as well.

Gear wise, he has a removable hood-piece, What I suppose would be a removable vest, a sub machine gun, a backpack affair for his 4 swards which connect at the ends in pairs for some double bladed weapon action, a double handled weapon connected by a length of metal chain." chad, can you line me out on what this is", and although he has a holster on one side, no sidearm. I assume its part of a previously used sculpt.
  Also, there is the zipline accessory which is alot cooler than the wonky affair that was packed in with the flint figure. this deal has a back peg but collapses together into a much tighter package. There are a pair of blades that can be swung out of the front and at the push of a button, two doors swing open to reveal two pulleys with string that can be removed and spread out along the length of the string to either end. Each pulley has a little hook built onto it that can either hook to something or accept the string were it wrapped around something and looped back through the hook. The hook acts as a peg which fits a slot in its bay in the backpack after the string is manually wound back up and the line itself runs through a hole in between these bay doors for zipline or repelling action. Altogether, it is a much nicer accessory than the one packed in with flint and  even worthy of the higher price that these are to be marked at from what I hear. $10.99
  Once again, no figure stand was provided so I had to pose him for a couple of shots using an old Scarlett stand. Now the inclusion of the double jointed knees seems interesting on this one especially since the side flaps and tails of his overcoat restrict the leg movement enough to almost negate the need for it but since we were all missing the articulation, I certainly cant complain about it rather should praise this figure for it and hope that we will be seeing a lot more of it in the future.

Overall, it is a solid Stormshadow release and certainly worthy of purchase.

and I forgot about this little pack in here which serves no real purpose. I suppose it can be slid onto someones arm but the one peg end is slotted to fit the button on the zipline back pack that opens the pulley doors but that button presses, it doesnt rotate or lock. There went the figure stand money............

Here is a shot of the two sward halves put together

and a couple of shots of him on Scarlett's stand

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Sneak Atack Storm Shadow Wave 2 GI-JOE Retaliation review
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
Wow, great review. Back to the front page. You are certainly on fire in all areas here lately Clint. Wow.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:09 PM »
Pretty cool, even for a reused figure. The accessories make him worth picking up.

Spookymufu

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »
I'm not into GI Joe, but I sure wish my SW figures had that many accessories.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:07:11 PM »
I'm liking that hood piece...

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 08:16:42 AM »
Great review, Clint!
I'm tempted to say that the whole figure is a repaint of a ROC Storm Shadow figure with a couple of other accessories packed in.
Still, it's a nice figure and could be used as a base for many cool customs.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
I did get buttons made for this and the flint review so these will be housed in our imperial archives from now on.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Nixce to see they are giveing these figs more accessories in later waves even if almost all of them are reuses.  I probably won't get him as I have all the accessories from previous Stormy releases and I am totally stormied out. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 02:13:15 PM »
I gather that is why the after market or, pre market as the case may be for this one Prices of stormy are more reasonable than the other figures from wave 2 except possibly for snake eyes for the same reasons.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
Yeah, personally Snake Eyes burnout is only beaten by one character, Spider-Man.  All three have worn out thier welcome.  I would say the same for Iron Man but then I saw the new figs and my heart dropped, I realized I really wanted the new move armor, darnit. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.