Author Topic: The New 2013 BAD Line is DOA! have your say..  (Read 11158 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: The New 2013 BAD Line is DOA! have your say..
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 09:31:22 AM »
It's funny to me, it really is.  In my area, we've had the same figures on the same pegs in the same stores since LAST January!  Occasionally, I've seen a newer figure here or there, but no real shipments in.  Prices continued to go up, but product availability was the absolute worst I've ever seen.  Now, they're cancelling entire series a week into the new year.  I'm sorry to say, but Disney has a LOT of work to do if they hope to regain their place in the market. 

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 06:17:30 PM »
I could not care less. I gave up on collecting Star Wars a few years ago when I simply could NOT find product to buy. Same thing happened with my Transformers collection several years before that. Now my collecting monies go towards fodder for customs.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 04:20:56 AM »
Things like this sure do help a collector decide on a focus thats for sure. I am wondering if my 3 and 3/4 days are over, but to be honest I am quite happy that we may see a few more Vintage Carded Figures.

I feel bad for the folks that wanted the B.A.D. pieces as I thought that was pretty good.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »
Yep....i've just scaled right back and gave the kid around the corner a whole bag of figures for free.  I'm only going to keep a certain few.  I feel that my SW days are coming to an end.  I wasn't going to be buying any figures from the new films so once i do get the some from the OT that i'm after still i think i'll be calling it a day.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
Makes me sad to hear that, but I can surely understand it.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
Yeah i've been feeling disheartened for a while now due to a lack of decent product coming out...GOOD decent product at that.  I think at the end of the day i'll more than likely end up keeping Moisture Farm, Echo Base and Cloud City figures...the rest i won't be keeping.   
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
I will admit that there were quite a few good TVC offerings in 2012.  However, I didn't see any of them at retail, so it was a moot point for me.  I've been continually disappointed with the mindless and cheapening drivel that Hasbro has been putting out; quality diminishing with each wave while cost continues to rise.  For a long time, I've been putting my money with Gentle Giant and Sideshow, because they were such excellent pieces.  But even now, costs are rising with them so much that I've been forced to cut way back on those as well.  My first Sideshow piece, the SDCC excl. Anakin Skywalker as Darth Vader from 2006, cost me $60.  My Boba Fett from this year cost me $175.  As much as I hate to admit it, while I won't count myself out of collecting entirely, it's now a casual consideration at best. 

But alas, upon the horizon, the promise of a new ownership and a whole new (2 new, if internet rumors are to be believed) trilogy brings with it the hope of new and better products.  So who knows what the future may hold.  All I know is, the present is terrible.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
Here in Australia we've been lucky with getting every wave of the VC (except for the last one of course).  The Starkiller wave can still be found on shelves here and you know why?....Because collectors are getting fed up and now with the B.A.D line being pulled a lot of collectors i talk to here have had it...they've stopped collecting and some have even started selling their collections online. 

Stores here either get a lot of new stock or get nothing for months.  The K-Mart near me hasn't had anything new since TPM VC wave...nothing, zip...nil.  Yet the Target around the corner has gotten the Malgus Wave and the Starkiller wave 3 times just before Christmas...they even have a Nom Anor still sitting there on the pegs...no one wants him  :o

It's shocking state of affairs really.  Collectors are dropping off the collecting radar more than ever now here in Australia.  Give it a few years i doubt there'll be many left...even with the new films!!!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »
whats the average figure prices in Australia now, Wardog?

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
Well man that all depends on where you shop.  Generally stores like K-Mart and Target average out at $16.00 - $17.00 per figure.  Toys R Us have $20.00 on single carded figures.  Big W have them for $15.95 or there abouts.  Supermarkets are generally around the $18.00 mark per figure.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:37:15 PM by Wardog »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 10:49:01 PM »
things haven't changed much over there other than availability. Man, those are some high prices.

I'm going to go out scouting for figures tomorrow. Do you think that I will find anything?

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Yeah the prices have pretty much stagnated for a while man.  They are high here compared to other countries which is why some collectors buy from overseas and avoid retail here.  Fingers crossed for you finding anything man.  What are you looking for?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
Looking for the starkiller wave which you have and we cant find. Looking for that greatest hits of 2012 wave we have all heard rumors about and is supposed to replace the BAD line. and, looking for the new joe retaliation figures that shouldn't be out till next month but have surfaced in a couple of states already.

I've given up looking for a phase 2 cw fox. I think it's just a rumor that they ever produced it.

I may hit a second hand shop as well to scout for older sw or roc joes

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 11:07:05 PM »
Mate i have the whole Starkiller wave...MINT condition too.  You want it?....trade wise.

Was CW Fox the phase 2 Clone with the red armour markings?....if so he's generally peg warming here man.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:09:12 PM by Wardog »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 11:17:30 PM »
Yes mate, I would. I sent you a return pm.
yes, that is the fox that is peg warming your isles."sigh"
I can see I need to lower my shipping  cost on ebay to Australia so you guys can find a lower cost alternative.