Author Topic: JetpackBlues Customs Intro  (Read 59567 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JetpackBlues Customs Intro
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2014, 06:54:05 AM »
I was talking with Chad the other day and I think my goal is to knock out a Ventress and a Mariss Brood to finish out my "midriff baring" females

Now that sounds like a great plan to me!

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
finish out my "midriff baring" females

I like how you've categorized your 6" female customs.  You're working on two of my three favorite Twi'leks, but where's Oola?  Does Season 1 Ahsoka Tano fit iinto the midrif category, and are you planning on Arena Padme too?   ;)

Anyway, outstanding progress on the body tatoos.  That must be airbrushing.  Are you taping off the pattern or free-handing?

I love the soft goods leather on Aayla's halter.

Cant wait for the next WIP installment.  
BTW  I'm glad I'm not the only one whose work table is a disaster area.   

Also BTW, thanks.   You've almost got me to the point where I'm gonna cave on resisting the 6" TBS.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:07:00 AM by Sjefke »

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
finish out my "midriff baring" females

I like how you've categorized your 6" female customs.  You're working on two of my three favorite Twi'leks, but where's Oola?  Does Season 1 Ahsoka Tano fit iinto the midrif category, and are you planning on Arena Padme too?   ;)

Anyway, outstanding progress on the body tatoos.  That must be airbrushing.  Are you taping off the pattern or free-handing?

I love the soft goods leather on Aayla's halter.

Cant wait for the next WIP installment.  
BTW  I'm glad I'm not the only one whose work table is a disaster area.   

Also BTW, thanks.   You've almost got me to the point where I'm gonna cave on resisting the 6" TBS.

Airbrushing would probably have been easier but no. This is all brush painted. I lightly marked the general tattoo shapes with a pencil and then laid down paint. The biggest pain about her paint job is how she just seems to absorb light.

I don't know if Ill get around to Ooyla. Maybe if I figure out how to  soft goods her lekku I'll consider her. Anyway, unless you're finding Storm/Sandtrooper or Fett there's no reason to buy 6 inch TBS. I only the other hand have to buy some Luke's/Obi Wans and a maul so I can strip mine their light sabers for the chicks. Ha

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #228 on: May 28, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
Its been a busy few weeks and I haven't had much time to do much with these girls. But I've been asked in a quite a few places I post what the base figures were for the Twi'leks. Both of these girls are built primarily off ov this Mystique figure. I have a few more Mystique's and certainly hope I'll get the time sooner rather than later to work with them

Just a quick pic to show the base figures for the Twi'leks by JetpackBlues

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2014, 02:27:52 AM »
Awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with these two new gals. Back to the front page and thanks for showing us your base figure.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »
I've caught these gals skimming through your thread a week or so ago; just wanted to say how awesome they look.  I know that Talon required a lot of effort with the tattoo application, but your version of a TBS6 Aayla turned out very, very well.  I like the SG leather "sports bra"...extra nice! ;)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2014, 09:51:58 AM »
So, I haven't really worked out what I was thinking when I started this, except maybe "why not". I had an X-Wing Luke that I was just tired of looking at and went over the options of what I could do with the flight suit base. It was a toss up between Bossk, Tie Pilot or AT-AT driver. why I went with Bossk...I have no clue considering he requires the most sculpt work out of the three and I DO NOT sculpt. At this point I have probably reworked him three times, his head was overhauled twice and I'm still not completely thrilled with him but at this point I just want him out of the way. I did see on a few sites that a 6 inch Black Series Bossk is rumored which is really all I needed to hear to decide "Screw it, this guy is done". Obviously he isnt actually done, but I'm done sanding down sculpt work, to resculpt, be not happy, sand it down again etc etc. So this is the rough cut of what he will be.

On a side note, I actually had to disable a second X-Wing Luke so that both of Bossk's legs had the same accessories, which means I now have another flight suit to play with. So, if i can figure out how to create the helmet I'll try either the pilot of the driver

Boosk WIP by JetpackBlues, on Flickr

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2014, 02:33:29 AM »
Frankly, your sculpt work is way better than mine would ever be and I applaud you for going for it. Off to share.

As for the other flight suit I bet you can guess which character I hope you go with!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
My first sculpt looked very similar to yours, ain't a dang thang wrong with it.

Tamer want's that AT-AT Driver!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »
 at dr

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #235 on: June 04, 2014, 10:18:11 AM »

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2014, 07:20:11 PM »
While I won't go so far as to call this guy a legit addition to my minimal custom portfolio I certainly did make him. My buddy Krash_Override had a toy photography contest on Instagram (something I like to dabble in) and I entered pictures of Mega Bloks WWII figures fight g 3A robots. He made a joke about how the little MegBlok guys have more articulation that some Star Wars figures so I felt it was only fitting to make a little 2.5 inch (whatever size they are) Star Wars character with more articulation that some 1:18 scales. He's obviously not a spit polished custom, just something slapped together for giggles

Haha by JetpackBlues

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »
cool

Offline JetpackBlues

• Building Better Worlds
  • Lieutenant
  • We Keep Odd Hours
    • JetpackBlues Blog
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
Alright so I started working on my next 6 inch Star Wars chick. I don't know why i keep picking things that require so much sculpting. her hair is just ridiculous, ended up taking a few shortcuts. That said its still very much a WIP so things may very well change, or at least tweak

abrood2 by JetpackBlues

i mean really, what the hell is the deal with her hair, just ridiculous
abrood by JetpackBlues
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:53:42 PM by JetpackBlues »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Force Unleashed Maris Brood! Awesome. Looks great to me, wow you really seem to have nailed that facial sculpt. I knew right away who this gal was. Any idea on what you are gonna make her lightsaber tonfa out of? Off to share.