Author Topic: BlackThorne's Dioramas  (Read 60489 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: BlackThorne's Dioramas
« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2022, 05:20:17 AM »
Just beautiful all the way through. I could so see you doing an Imperial version of this too. Just amazing!

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2022, 05:36:47 AM »
This is exactly how a collection should be presented.
Your shelf dioramas are phenomenal.
Excellent work.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2022, 01:07:35 PM »
That is really amazing. I love the tactical center. I'm with JDeck, a Y-wing would be great. I really appreciate all the vegetation on the walls, it looks so realistic.

I'm glad you liked. The vegetation can be easily done dying sponge and gluing it on the dio. I'll work on the Y-wing anyways next semester, but not sure if it will park on this dio or in a later one o/

Wow this is incredible! Yup all you need is a Y-wing on that bottom shelf. I was just watching Rogue one today, this is a perfect representation. A lot of great details. Can't wait for Andor. I don't know the fate of Rogue Squadron though.

Thanks, pal. I'm still hoping for the best (regarding to rogue one), and I believe Andor will be a good one too (maybe disney learn something lately).

Just beautiful all the way through. I could so see you doing an Imperial version of this too. Just amazing!

Thanks! I have an imperial hangar on the works, the main issue is the imp ship's cubage. Besides from the big wing TIE's I can barely fit the other variations (Bomber, interceptor, ATAT) inside this particular display model. But I'll try to work something out.

This is exactly how a collection should be presented.
Your shelf dioramas are phenomenal.
Excellent work.

Thanks! I'm almost finishing another full display (desert themed)  0/

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2022, 03:22:49 AM »
I agree, your hangar dioramas are absolutely stellar! Didn't know that they're al stored above each other so thank you so much for sharing those pictures of your cabinet!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2022, 03:48:10 PM »
I agree, your hangar dioramas are absolutely stellar! Didn't know that they're al stored above each other so thank you so much for sharing those pictures of your cabinet!

Thanks, Pal! Next semester I plan to finish the next cabinet, right now its only missing one spot.

Today I finished a small vignette for my range trooper patrolling Vandor:

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2022, 05:44:43 PM »
Nice! What did you use for the "rubble". It's a great little shot.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2022, 06:43:56 PM »
Looks awesome i like the piece of machinery and the groundwork is stellar!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2022, 05:56:25 AM »
Oh yeah, I like this a lot.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2022, 10:31:25 PM »
Nice! What did you use for the "rubble". It's a great little shot.

Thanks! I use real stones. You can get on pet stores, or even in the open field (in this case I recommend cleaning before use).

Looks awesome i like the piece of machinery and the groundwork is stellar!

Thank! I used some firing extra accessory from the rogue one line.

Thanks, Pal. I'm happy you liked it!
Oh yeah, I like this a lot.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2022, 05:59:10 PM »
At the moment I'm dealing with some WIPs and commissions and things are not moving fast, but I managed to finish something small, but really cool: these modular junk pieces:

They can be placed side by side, on top of each other and works with multiple scales. I was really happy with the end result as much of these parts would be on the bin before the ideia pops. Sometimes I amaze even myself, hehehe.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2022, 12:37:15 AM »
Loving the junk piles mate but the Range trooper dio is awesome.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2022, 12:49:04 PM »
Damn, those piles do look like the junkyard on Raxus Prime! Did you collect all those parts to put them together eventually? If so, where did you find them? I keep collecting parts with interesting shapes as well, but have not accumulated such a huge variety, yet!
I can imagine this being a nightmare of a computer to process to figure out as .STL to be 3D printed on Resin...the overall texture in combination with the oil/dust covered uniform look are just amazing!
Such cool stuff I think companies like Hole in the Ground productions would be interested in.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2022, 11:38:37 PM »
What a creative idea for bits (like some of the extra pieces that came with the Force Awakens 5POA figures). Having several modular piles is a great idea, and a time saver. The paint job is excellent as well.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2022, 01:45:10 PM »
Talk about one fantastic idea for so many genres. Man, can you imagine getting a Jawa sandcrawler and having these go with it! Fantastic.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2022, 02:09:04 PM »
Loving the junk piles mate but the Range trooper dio is awesome.

Ron

Thanks, pal. That one was 101% based on your dios.

What a creative idea for bits (like some of the extra pieces that came with the Force Awakens 5POA figures). Having several modular piles is a great idea, and a time saver. The paint job is excellent as well.

Thanks! I had this pieces laying around for too much time, glad I could put it to a good use.

Damn, those piles do look like the junkyard on Raxus Prime! Did you collect all those parts to put them together eventually? If so, where did you find them? I keep collecting parts with interesting shapes as well, but have not accumulated such a huge variety, yet!
I can imagine this being a nightmare of a computer to process to figure out as .STL to be 3D printed on Resin...the overall texture in combination with the oil/dust covered uniform look are just amazing!
Such cool stuff I think companies like Hole in the Ground productions would be interested in.

They totally did! I was also inspired by the junkyard on the Mando series - I kind wish I had some Tie parts that I could breakdown.

Some of the parts came from those SW projectiles accessories, other were some random stuff I had around (broken pens, eletronic stuff and all). Just break/hammer some of them down and you'll get tons of random and uniques bits to work with.

Making those piles are really easy; choose some base shapes, I picked some semi circles, squares and triangles. Start gluing the things, the less interesting shapes go on lower sections, and the more eye appeling on top. When you are satisfied, just paint metallic and add browns / coopers for the rust. The trick is done!
Talk about one fantastic idea for so many genres. Man, can you imagine getting a Jawa sandcrawler and having these go with it! Fantastic.

Thanks, pal! I would love to make a humongous dio like this!