Author Topic: BlackThorne's Custom Vehicles  (Read 56435 times)

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: BlackThorne's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2021, 08:17:47 PM »
Okay, I tend to being late on here. You knocked those Scout Walkers out of the park as much as you knocked me out of my Baby Yoda socks, man. So I needed to pick up my jaw first before I could leave my comment.

I got one question since you shared your AT-ST Raider from The Mandalorian: Did you modify Hasbro's original TVC release or is your Raider a complete repaint of the Black Series version?
I'm extremely curious because I don't see any chance for me to get my hands on the Klatooinian Raider from Hasbro for an affordable price. But I might pick up a TBS one without toes for 45€ next week. I'm going to cast the missing toes in resin and repaint it completely.

Yet, I doubt that mine will look as good as yours. I went back looking at the pictures of your latest A- and B-Wing and your paintjobs look just straight professional. Every touch by the brush looks accurate, the paint is applied nice and evenly and your chipping is one of the finest I've seen.
Same applies to your second AT-ST. I think you nailed the shade of grey. hehe
I really like how you add more detail to your Scout Walkers. It does make all the difference in order to make them look like movie props. This tooling will always remain one of my favorites by Hasbro. I still feel the excitement of the time when Hasbro announced this new design back in 2008. I was so happy that I had patiently waited full of hope for an all-new design.

And now we're here: TBS AT-ST were sold as cheap as $9.99 USD at TK Maxx and left all possibilities for us customizers to modify & repaint them. Must be good to live in the U.S.

I wish you a merry Christmas, BlackThorne and best wishes go to Brazil! Thank you so much for sharing your impressive vehicles with us!

Hey pal, thanks for the words and votes :) Brazil does need positives energies to defeat our current evil overlord.

My Raider AT-ST was made 100% using the Hasbro's Mandalorian version (pic bellow), but in the end is doesnt matter if you pick the Mando, the Black series or even any of the previously version. They are all the same, only the paint vary. Since is a complete repaint, I would get the cheapest one I can get.

When you start your build feel free to write me. I can help you with each stage, ok?

If you need visual reference much of my work in progress were documented on my personal instagram account; https://www.instagram.com/nmauser/

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
Brilliant job on these AT-ST's. Nice job with the design elements and great paint job.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2022, 06:15:45 PM »
Brilliant job on these AT-ST's. Nice job with the design elements and great paint job.

Thanks, pal  0/

Finally finish this toy conversion. I had a lot of setbacks during the process, filling the assembly and projectile holes was challenging, but getting close to the colors was the hardest part.

I also had better expectations for the base, I was expecting to achive a dynamic cloud and ended with a candy cotton block ~ I'll remake the base at some point in the future.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2022, 10:14:48 PM »
The conversion looks really good. I'm sure those holes were a challenge but the ship looks fantastic and the paint job is brilliant. I know color matching can be really challenging (I mean really challenging) but the colors look really good. I don't think the clouds looks that bad, but I can see why you might not be fully satisfied with them. Maybe trying to figure out how to put some darker shades into them would help - but...I don't know the first thing about coloring batting/cotton stuffing. I love that one of your pilots has a helmet and the other doesn't.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2022, 05:03:03 AM »
Nice Cloud Car. I too think the cloud look decent.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2022, 07:47:06 AM »
Cloud car looks awesome! Great paint and paneling/weathering.

The base looks good. Honestly if you got a wispy effect, it wouldn't last long  long enough to take pictures, but it wouldn't be permanent. You could have a black base, but make some kind of cloud effect when photographing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:14:10 AM by JDeck »

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2022, 07:05:18 PM »
Cloud car looks awesome! Great paint and paneling/weathering.

My thoughts exactly

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2023, 08:10:54 PM »
Finished the Cloud Car's base upgrade some weeks ago:

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2023, 11:04:19 PM »
That looks great! I love the elements that you added to the base, that's fantastic.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2023, 03:01:13 AM »
Very nice.

Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2023, 04:42:53 PM »
This looks great! The cloud was cool but this is much better, great job!