Author Topic: Fishing  (Read 25234 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Fishing
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »
What can I say? Thank goodness we have Chad to be able to add to this thread as I have yet to get out after em yet. I was planning on going one day last week, but it just didnt happen. Hopefully Chad can keep this thread alive. I am beginning to wonder what a fishing pole is? :-X

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
I may drop a line in on Friday as we are to spend that night at Truman lake. Hope to catch some Crappie.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 06:32:36 PM »
I may drop a line in on Friday as we are to spend that night at Truman lake. Hope to catch some Crappie.

at least someone is getting a line wet. My first fishing might be the beach trip in a few weeks.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 06:49:26 PM »
I went fishing in Michigan last week, and had a pretty good time.  Caught a few decent bluegill and a small mouth on worm and bobber, and almost landed a VERY good size fish of some sort with a Rapala.  Small, rattlin' Rapala I believe.  Got the fish all the way to the top of the water, saw it was a good foot to a foot and a half long, and it broke the line.  I forgot to correct the drag on it, so it just snapped it.  Babe Winkleman I am not.  However, I now have the fishing bug, and want to go out soon again.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:01:43 PM »
sounds like Pat has the bug.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:05:06 PM »
wE had a lot of fun fishing in Warsaw out of Truman lake Friday! Caught several Perch, some catfish, and one bass. Most were small but one monster cat was looking about 18 inches long. He fought all the way in and nearly snapped my pole. As I pulled him from the water the line broke and I lost him. We are going back this weekend and I am going to restring that pole with some line of a more stout nature.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 05:15:56 AM »
Man, I have too many stories of the one that got away too. It is starting to look like my first fishing is gonna be ocean the week after next. I have some good stories of ones that have just pulled the hook from the line fishing the ocean too. I haven't really done too good the last few years, but there is always a shark or a skate to reel in. I would love to see some sea trout or "weakfish" start hitting again like they were years ago when I decided to sink the coin to buy a surf pole.

Hope you get that big one Clint. Snap some pics! It might be the only way I see fish this summer!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
I will take some pics when we go back this weekend, buddy.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 04:19:10 PM »
Well hopefully I'll get up the the big pond of Mille Lacs Lake on sunday and try and see if I can snag some big Walleyes.  There is quite a bit of natural forage for them this year and it seems like the bite is pretty hit and miss.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »
Well I went camping this weekend for the first time with my little gal and we came home early because of thunderstorms all night last night and got soaking wet, but my little girl hauled in her first fish! Pics to follow. I will let you judge who is happier though. Man, that little girl, ain't scared of anything slimy or crawly or frisky. She grabbed hold of that bass like it was nothing. She only got upset when we let it go. She sure isn't gonna have a problem with daddy bringing home a few to eat. The lake I fished was called Jennings Randolph Lake and it is beautiful with some of the best shoreline and structural areas I have ever seen. The problem is I just can't figure out the particulars of it and there are only a few areas you can fish from the bank. Most of the lake goes out a few feet from shore and drops off the thirty or fourty feet.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
Sounds real good Tamer!  Can't wait to see them pics!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 05:45:53 PM »
Can't wait to see the pics Tamer.  Well our fishing trip this morning was a bust.  Not 1 walleye or bite.  Did catch a small perch.  The big issue right now is the lake is full of young of the year perch and some major bug hatches.  I never saw so much forage on the locator then today.  So it is pretty hard to compete against natural food.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:45 AM »
Well I hope folks don't mind, but I uploaded a lot of pics today. I just couldn't pic my favorites. As you will see she loves it.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:19:32 AM by Tamer »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »
Freakin' ADORABLE Tamer!  Looks like she's a fisherwoman for life now!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »
Well, I forgot to take my camera on Fri but the wife and I made it to the fishing dock for an hour or two and had a good time. There was alot of debris from a rainstorm the night before but I did manage to reel in a 18 inch channel catfish. It might be the same one that eluded me the previous week. We caught a couple of perch and a couple of other cats that were small but I can't wait till next time.
   Tamer, I cant get over how cute your little helper is! And what a fisherman she is turning out to be!