Author Topic: Imperialshipyards.net 5th Birthday Celebration Contest!  (Read 43877 times)

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Re: Imperialshipyards.net 5th Birthday Celebration Contest!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
I was just going to ask if we could post WIP pics. I'll most likely post something after this weekend. We have a major plumbing project starting, but I'm told it will only take a couple days. Hopefully after that I can get my customs area back in order, I don't think my wife likes it in the middle of the living room, lol.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
Oh, I'll be posting WIP shots once I get going.  I have my crew in mind, just have to assemble all of the pieces and start from there!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 03:23:07 AM »
It was nice of the folks over at Jedi Temple Archives who gave us a front page shout out yesterday!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »
After some discussion, we have decided that you MAY use projects that you have already begun and have shown WIP shots here, but they can NOT have been completed prior to the contest start date.  Again, any WIPs you have already begun MAY BE USED for this contest.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
Thank you!!!!!!!!! I am back in the game! ;)
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
After some discussion, we have decided that you MAY use projects that you have already begun and have shown WIP shots here, but they can NOT have been completed prior to the contest start date.  Again, any WIPs you have already begun MAY BE USED for this contest.

This is awesome.  I *might* be able to enter this, but our work-schedule for Oct is getting into lots of o/t - *including* a 10-day outage that has me pulling 12-hr night-shifts... but maybe...

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Get ready, because this contest officially kicks off in 13 hours and 35 minutes!  Are you all ready out there?

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
HECK YEAH I AM!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :) :D :D :D ^-^ :o 8) O0 O0 O0 bbfet lvva vadsab 0/

I AM JUST ALL SMILES TODAY! ;D
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 06:41:19 PM »
So the contest has been live, and not one single update yet??  I'm hoping all of you are assembling items to begin! 

As for me, I've got my figures, parts, greeblies, and weapons all set aside, still looking for the occasional "perfect piece" to add here and there, but otherwise have my team lined up.  I need to take my initial photo before I start in on them, but I'm excited at what I've put together so far.  My team is a super powered  Special Tactics and Recon squad  who gets their orders from a group not recognized by any other US Policing agency (FBI, CIA, ATF, etc.) and authenticated with Presidential Authority...

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
I have my team parted out in my head... lol. I can't customize till the plumbing issue is done with in our basement. Right now we have a Dexter kill room set up with plastic all over, basically a plastic room, with a hole in the concrete and new pipes. They have to do the outside repairs tomorrow and then the inspector can let them know if they can cover it up and then I get my custom room back. crosses fingers...

Oh, and I'm finally going to work on my crossover SW/GI Joe figures. I've seen a couple people make some "what if" customs, as if the SW characters were part of the Joe universe.. so I'll be doing that for my team. A band of rebel mercenaries that work for GI Joe.  A smuggler pilot, his first mate, a ninja apprentice/pilot and his twin sister, the leader of their team.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:59:01 PM by Joerhyno »

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 04:32:19 AM »
I'm still in the theoretical stage...   >:(

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:08 AM »
Well I wanted to enter my Savage Mando as part of my squad but thought I couldn't because i already posted pics of him. Then LE said I could last night since he is still in WIP phase! So now I am stoked! The idea here is to make a Savage and Nightsister squad of four Mando lorians. It will be him and 3 Mando chic Nightsisters. Its going to be a lot of work! But it will be a blast I haven't entered an ISY contest since last summer so I am feeling like I needs to enter this one.  Here is what I have so far:

He will be repainted as a human and I will do his face design as a black tattoo. This big 'ol noggin fits the mando helmet perfectly! This figure was inspired by a guy named Drake Dawkins of the Mando Mercs who created a great mando Savage Costume and debuted it at C6. I am in contact with both him and his father and they have supplied the pics of the full costume you may see in my customs thread. They have told me they will post the finished fig on the Mando Mercs website when it is done.
http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php

Very early sculpt stage on the female mando armor. I managed to gt 3 ROC baronesses this past weekend at Walmart to use for this project! Also i gotta thank Sithhappens for sending me the extra Mando helms for this project. Thanks Mike!

Here are the WIPS with the female Boba I completed last week.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:48:08 AM by lucasclones »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
Pat you have to host more contest, love seeing you get in on the action! Can't wait to see that squad of your come together!

Chad, so glad you could get in on the fun! Your WIPs are looking great and I have to agree, that cosplay at C6 was awesome!

And now for a bit of a teaser...

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
Pat you have to host more contest, love seeing you get in on the action! Can't wait to see that squad of your come together!

Chad, so glad you could get in on the fun! Your WIPs are looking great and I have to agree, that cosplay at C6 was awesome!

And now for a bit of a teaser...

WooHoo I can tell already this going to be good! Game on!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:22 AM »
Really loving the WIP figs I'm seeing in this thread already.  

I'm not entering this one, but if I were, this would have been my entry.  Four figures with custom weapons and a lot of alternate heads to diversify play.

Mother Talzin, Nightsister Ventress & Nightsisters (Hooded, UnHooded & UnDead)
created by Darth Daddy

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:41:32 PM by darthdaddy »