Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/13/24  (Read 247431 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 10/03/22
« Reply #1185 on: October 22, 2022, 02:32:52 AM »
Cyborg Admiral Trench is some next world stuff. I'm completely amazed by the effort here. 👀
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1186 on: October 22, 2022, 03:46:30 AM »
Sitting here this morning looking at the images again. I mean just wow.

The paint work is so intricate. I just don't know how you paint that good at that scale.

Man, what I wouldn't give to get something half as good as this in both the 3.75 and 6 scales.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1187 on: January 02, 2023, 05:16:05 AM »
Here are the last few figures Elias made in 2022.

"THE CLONE WARS"
501st Jump Trooper
created by Elias

"MANDO MAX"
created by Elias

This commission request was a lot of fun because we had the opportunity to create a character from Walt Disney World Resort's Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, a revolutionary new 2-night experience at the theme park where you embark on your own Star Wars adventure. It’s an immersive Star Wars story where you live out your own experience and journey further into the Star Wars galaxy farther than you ever dreamed you could.

Board a launch pod and rendezvous with the magnificent Halcyon starcruiser. Stay in a cabin or suite with an exquisite view of space. Aboard the ship, you can interact with an eclectic collection of characters, sit down to exotic galactic cuisine and perhaps even plot a secret mission together.

One of the characters you can interact with I have just brought to life in action figure form. The part that excites me most is that the figure is a gift to Allison, the actress who works as Ouaani aboard the starcruiser!

She was made from a heavily modified and sculpted out TVC Aayla Secura Action figure along with the head of a reworked Pax Bonkik. After sculpting in the new clothing, hair, and jewelry she was ready for paint.

"STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER" OUANNII
created by Elias of "Customs for the Kid"

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 05:17:37 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/02/23
« Reply #1188 on: January 03, 2023, 03:57:53 AM »
Very nice, I really like the Rodian female. I would buy a few of those on a vintage cardback. That Mando is awesome too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1189 on: January 03, 2023, 10:32:25 PM »
This is a brilliant update! Ouannii is fantastic. The sculpting for the hair is amazing all by itself, and the paint job is beautiful. I'd buy her on a card back, for sure. Mando Max is great. I really like the Clint Eastwood vibe. Outstanding! The jump trooper turned out great as well.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1190 on: February 28, 2023, 05:38:38 PM »
Elias' latest commission required that he make five separate figures.

"THE BAD BATCH"
DEPA BILLABA & CALEB DUME

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 2/28/23
« Reply #1191 on: March 01, 2023, 04:02:41 AM »
Definitely a chip off the ole block. Wow. They look fantastic.

Off to share.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1192 on: March 07, 2023, 05:31:56 PM »
These look great!

It's criminal we've not had a release of DEPA BILLABA & CALEB DUME.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #1193 on: March 10, 2023, 01:50:28 PM »
The western Mandalorian is badass! Love it!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1194 on: March 18, 2023, 01:43:27 PM »
I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Elias! He's been killin' it lately. I get so excited to come home from work to see what he was working on all day.

From Elias' last blogpost:

"THE CLONE WARS" SATINE KRYZE (ADVENTURE OUTFIT) created by Elias of "Customs of the Kid"
This was a super fun project to tackle for a client. Especially since both my client and I are HUGE fans of Satine Kryze as a character! As a result, this project was filled with lots of love and effort to make assurances that I got this figure right. What impressed me most about this client was how prepared she was compared to other clients. She already knew the parts she wanted used in the build, had ordered two Satine heads and her blaster from Audes Workshop on eBay, had said parts on hand, and was prepared to ship them over.

The torso and thighs of a Clone Wars Assaj Ventress action figure, the arms of a Clone Wars Adventure Padme Amidala action figure, and the knees and boots of The Clone Wars Aayla Secura action figure. Once boiled, popped apart, and reassembled into the desired recipe of parts, I sanded down the figure completely. After preparing her for sculpting, I got busy with some ProCreate we had here at home and laid out all the necessary forms. After her silhouette was established I started to sculpt in all the detail, and followed that run with another pass adding in all the fine detail.

The soft goods were hand cut and stitched by yours truly. Before even touching any fabric, I made the dress pattern with some paper and scissors. This was only my second venture into crafting my own homemade soft goods so with it being a new challenge, I wanted to take my time and get it right. Dad used to do the soft goods on our figures in the past, so I definitely still consider myself a novice in soft goods creation, but after seeing how nicely Satine's dress came out, Dad told me he wished I had been the one making the soft goods all this time instead of him. Ha ha. For her dress, I used some leftover fabric we had from the time Dad made me a Mother Talzin custom action figure for my 9th birthday.

Once the figure was completely assembled, sculpted, and the soft goods were applied, I quickly got to painting the figure. Painting two alternating heads was challenging because it was important to me that I got them as close to identical as possible and replication can take time when you make your own paint colors and don't just paint from a bottle. I find that making my own paint mixes make it easier when adding highlights and contrasting shades of color to make the paint really pop.

Both the client and I love the way she came out. She looks so good posed with the other action figures from the toy line. Another example of what we might have seen if the Clone Wars action figure had lived on for another couple of years.

"THE CLONE WARS"
SATINE KRYZE (ADVENTURE OUTFIT)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1195 on: March 19, 2023, 06:22:32 AM »
Nice, very nice.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1196 on: April 24, 2023, 02:58:51 PM »
Really great work on Satine! She looks magnificent. Her soft goods are outstanding, so nice job with these. I also really like how Depa Bilba turned out.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #1197 on: May 04, 2023, 03:37:03 AM »
New figure from Elias to celebrate May the 4th.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/23
« Reply #1198 on: May 04, 2023, 12:58:18 PM »
That's awesome! 'Nuff said.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 5/04/23
« Reply #1199 on: May 05, 2023, 02:26:46 AM »
Well, May 4th be with you guys! I completely missed it. Why was Hasbro's Fan Stream on May 3rd already? I don't get it.

Anyways...I spent the last 8 hours staring at these pictures above. The way I'd run away from a spider would be the way I'd run TO this phenomenal custom! I'm stunned by every leg of this one! The headsculpt, the paint job - especially on the robe!!! - just the entire package is so so good.
The CIS emblem times 6 is my favorite detail here. And man, how clean all those edges are.
The eyes the ribbons - ah just the best custom I've seen in a long while.

Elias, you are a true artist. And Mr DarthDaddy, Sir - you must be VERY proud of your son.

Like Starchaser said: 'nuff said. Amen.