Author Topic: customsforthekid.blogspot.com 1/28/24  (Read 234773 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/01/16
« Reply #765 on: July 02, 2016, 06:39:38 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/01/16
« Reply #766 on: July 04, 2016, 05:39:17 AM »
Super-Articulated "Episode VII - Han Solo" created by Darth Daddy
On this day of celebrating independence, Customs for the Kid felt Han Solo best embodied the rebel spirit that we all wish we could emulate.  Assisting in taking out two Death Stars and the Starkiller Base in Force Awakens, I can think of no other so accomplished.  Paying tribute to the character meant constructing and executing a plan.

Super-Articulated
"Episode VII - Han Solo"
created by Darth Daddy

Transitioning the 5 POA action figure into a super-articulated one is easier than you would think, and all it takes to pull it off are parts from three Han Solo figures that can currently be found in stores.  First, I popped the head and jacket off of the "Force Awakens" Han Solo to set them aside to use in my project, and then placed the rest of the figure back in the fodder bin to use some other day. Next, I drilled the waist peg for The Black Series Endor Han Solo in the open space at the back of the figure to separate the lower from the upper torso. I then drilled what was left of the peg out of the inside of the upper torso the maintain a clear channel while being careful not to damage or change the upper torso in any way.  I then used a Dremel to hard-sculpt the front of the Endor shirt to texture the top to match the lower torso that I boiled free from the The Black Series - Han Solo "Starkiller Base" action figure which I planned to use the legs from.  I also borrowed the blaster and holster from this Han. While the peg on top of the lower torso was still warm, I connected the Starkiller Base legs to the bottom of the Endor Han torso. I then prepped the joints in the elbows and shoulders of the newly formed figure to eliminate paint rub. After that, I painted the arms on the figure to look like the sleeves of the removable jacket of the "Force Awakens" Han Solo by mixing some black and brown acrylic paint to match it as close as I could.  I also painted the two separate colors of the top and bottom shirts from my action figure to create a shared color that would no longer contrast each other. At the end all that was left to do was open the neck peg hole a little on the head before attaching it snugly to the top. When the figure was completely dry and sealed, I slipped the removable jacket from the 5POA figure onto my new creation.  The custom figure doesn't take very long to do at all and can be finished in just an hour or two.

CHECK THE BLOG FOR MORE PICS:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/07/super-articulated-episode-vii-han-solo.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 05:55:26 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/04/16
« Reply #767 on: July 04, 2016, 05:59:52 AM »
Nice Brain, what a great way to celebrate the 4th too! Off to share.

Offline OC47150

• Lieutenant
« Reply #768 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »
Great work on Han, Darthdaddy. Han is still eluding me but when I find one I want to give him some articulation.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #769 on: July 05, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
Nice work!  He looks great! 
Thanks for the step-by-step too. 
I just acquired another Endor Han Solo in trench-coat and TBS Solo, but I still need to find the 5POA Solo. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:48:12 PM by Sjefke »

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #770 on: July 06, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »
Just wow on the Han...and thanks for the recipe. I'd like to do a version of him myself some time in the future, will need to look for other legs, though (the Walmart BS figures are really hard/expensive to acquire here in Germany)...
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Stronox

• Commander
    • Stronox Custom Figures
« Reply #771 on: July 07, 2016, 03:42:19 AM »
Always a pleasure to look at your work man!! Love the articulated Han

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #772 on: July 24, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »
We've fallen behind on documenting our blog posts lately.

Here are two new ones:

"332nd CLONE TROOPER"
created by Elias

CHECK THE POST HERE:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/07/332nd-clone-trooper-created-by-elias.html

CLONE WARS
"CHAM SYNDULLA"
work in progress by Darth Daddy

I only did a quick simple paint job on the head to finish him in time for our podcast.  To wrap this figure up, I only need to finish painting the head tattoos, darken his skintone, and do some touch ups here and there throughout. I may also make a few adjustments to the headsculpt still.

CHECK THE POST HERE:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/07/clone-wars-cham-syndulla-work-in.html

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:54:05 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/24/16
« Reply #773 on: July 25, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
Off to share.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 7/24/16
« Reply #774 on: August 06, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
This is a custom Clone Wars action figure that was inspired by TheRealMarch4th.  A few months ago I sent him a Clone Wars headcast of Palpatine that I produced and we were really floored by how he decided to use it.  He took the Darth Sidious from the Yoda 2-pack, replaced the face of the figure  with my headcast and then sculpted the hood down over the eyes.  He then took a soft goods skirt to cover those ugly Hasbro legs to finish the figure.  What an awesome idea!

On my custom figure I took what TheRealMarch4th did one step further.  I borrowed elements from his recipe, and just added more articulation to the figure.  I cut everything off below his black frock (the legs and forearms) and added in articulated replacement parts.  I borrowed the legs and upper torso from a Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi that I bought in bulk on eBay, and swiped the forearms and brown skirt of the Vintage Darth Sidious figure for my new incarnation of Sidious.  By adding these new elements, the figure now would sport ball jointed elbows, swivel wrists, a swivel waist, swivel hips, and ball jointed knees.  Before completely assembling the figure, I dyed the skirt from the Vintage figure and used some black soft goods from a Darth Maul figure to create the two layers of fabric in his skirt.  Yesterday, I told TheRealMarch4th about the improvements that I made to my Sidious, and he liked them so much he made the same adjustments to his own figure after we spoke.

Any Star Wars fan who watched The Clone Wars episode "Lawless" knows that this version of Darth Sidious needed to be made!

CLONE WARS
"DARTH SIDIOUS"
created by Darth Daddy

HEAD TO THE BLOG FOR MORE INFORMATION:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/08/clone-wars-darth-sidious-created-by.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 06:56:31 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com 8/06/16
« Reply #775 on: August 07, 2016, 07:02:32 AM »
Nice Brian. Very nice. Off to share.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #776 on: August 08, 2016, 01:42:35 AM »
Very cool to see a new Clone Wars custom figure.
Darth Sidious looks great!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #777 on: August 08, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »
That's great!!!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #778 on: August 08, 2016, 10:45:03 PM »
Really nice job on Sidious. You're right about the soft goods covering the legs of the figure, he looks much better.

Cham turned out great. Really nice sculpting on him for his unique look.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #779 on: August 20, 2016, 05:13:01 AM »
Here's a new figure from Jabba's Palace.

"VUL TAZAENE"
created by Darth Daddy

CHECK THE LINK FOR MORE INFO:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2016/08/vul-tazaene-created-by-darth-daddy.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 05:29:38 AM by Tamer »