Author Topic: B1976 customs - 3D crystal warlord finished and another happy customer.  (Read 44401 times)

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
The road warrior

Head swap,

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
That is a great looking figure! Not an easy one to pull off, that is for sure. Nice sculpting and great job making the sawed off!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
He's a beaut eh,just finished the adjustable wrench,chain links......and now my eyes hurt so the binoculars can wait until tomorrow.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
I just watched that movie a few weeks ago for the upteenth time. Nice custom. Back on the front page.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
nice job!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
I just watched that movie a few weeks ago for the upteenth time. Nice custom. Back on the front page.

My favourite of them too,in fact I worked with My mate Craig Potter back in the 90's on building him a mad max themed articulated truck,got the pics of his 'road warrior'.....the Scania was always his show stopper.
Worked day and through the night getting it ready for the truckfest contest........won it hands down.
Gotta find the other pics.artwork came out sweet.
nice job!
Thanks bud,almost finished.......made some binoculars from empty ink cartridges and cord.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:18:08 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Great work on Max!  I've been working on one too for years, need to finish him up!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Dude, that road warrior is just awesome! Tell us about the leg brace?

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Well done Road Warrior! Congrats!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Dude, that road warrior is just awesome! Tell us about the leg brace?

Leg brace made from 4 lengths of stainless steel wire,about .7mm dia. On one end of each of the lower lengths I formed a 90 degree bend,to fit inside the loop formed on the ends of the upper brace. Fixed wire in place with some rapid set epoxy,aligned one side at a time as it was setting to give some degree of movement but not too much.....due to biker induced roadside 'kneecapping'.

The leather straps formed from thinly rolled strips of milliput (similar to fix-it) ,secured and dried. Dremelled in some creases to the leather,dark basecoat of brown,black,vermillion and yellow washes for effect.

The head started as a tac jango,didn't look mean enough so swapped out for tycho celchu......hair coloured,tan was for the face......dry brushed in some grey sideburns.

Base figure was a snake eyes,the version that comes with a 3/4 length coat,left arm I thing is a gi joe that originally came with yellow hair,flesh colour shirt,green legs,tan knees,tan boots......duke maybe? Spliced the arms between shoulder and elbow with 2mm dowel and epoxy. Putty to blend in the joint.
Milliput for armour sculpting,gi joe modified crossbow,handmade sawn off shotgun and holster,handmade the spanner from nickel costume jewellery chain and a chopped and shaped bit of thin plastic. Arrow sheath from a hawkeye I think.

Good fun doing this,looking into possible 1:18 donors for the falcon xb interceptor........not cheap,not having much luck finding similar kits yet.

Thanks for the feedback on him,mad max is a legend......looking forward to Tom Hardy in MM4 thunder road,I think he'll pull off a cracking job.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Well done Road Warrior! Congrats!

Top man,thanks......dingo in progress.......then when I get the right piece,the interceptor.
I'd love a real one someday,something about a V8's deep rumble and pure grunt through the revs

Great work on Max!  I've been working on one too for years, need to finish him up!

yes you should,looks great in any display cabinet.....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:51:08 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
This looks great man!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Back in the day, the 90s that is, there used to be a 1/24th scale max metal figure with dog/ dingo, I believe. I don't suppose you know anything about that? I have been desperately seeking one to go with my yet unbuilt interceptor kit.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Back in the day, the 90s that is, there used to be a 1/24th scale max metal figure with dog/ dingo, I believe. I don't suppose you know anything about that? I have been desperately seeking one to go with my yet unbuilt interceptor kit.
Tomorrow I'm off to where I used to live and I know several model shops,2 or 3 that hold some interesting stock so I'll see what I can dig up,I'm struggling to find a suitable donor car for the interceptor.
Shipping a 1:18 die cast from the US,getting quoted more than the cost of the model itself.........not spotted any plastic build kits yet.
Any suggestions for a similar car to the 1973 ford falcon xb gt?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, what a cool truck to work on. Have to get that on the front page.

Sounds good on the Interceptor too.