Author Topic: B1976 customs - 3D crystal warlord finished and another happy customer.  (Read 44961 times)

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
Nice, I remember Bralor, it certainly resembles him, nice work so far! I like the Thrawn too, gotta love Chiss! The Imp is looking sick too, and I like the Luke, I'm actually working on an aged Han Solo at the moment, my imagination is  also running wild with the thought of new characters and returning characters for VII!  0/

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
  • Banksy = star wars LEGEND
Thanks for the comments,I think Bralor could be my new 2012 fave custom.......needs some battle scars to the armour and some weathering,should look spot on when done.

I got some cheap KOTCS Indy figures knocking about,I think that'll be a good star for an older Han Solo.........if I can find the head without the hat
The imperial shocktrooper is something I came across browsing wookiepedia,it's like an ARF clone/storm trooper hybrid. Looked cool in pics with heavy weapons so I had to give it a bash.

This episode VII talk got me thinking all kinds of possibilities. Chiss,Rogue clone deserters,Imperial remnant,Darth Krayt,Yuuzhan Vong,palpatine clones...........all that would make for a great sequal trilogy.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:59:02 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Done a few new molds and castings today,I got ARC commanders Blitz and Colt........and I'd like a few more seeing as I've got plenty of CW trooper figures and fodder to use up.

Gonna do a CW commander neyo,helmet fits clone heads a dream.
Made a cast of rum sleg's hair to use as dreadloks for a mando and for another Nihilus.
Managed to find my Indiana jones KOTCS to go with an aged master Luke wip.
Spacer helmet from Bo Shek,Larger than average mando buckets,CW ones too.
Arc pauldrons,packs,kama's,arm and leg mods.darth bane armour pieces.

Might start compiling a list of available cast parts and selling a few.

Did I see mando assassin's ears prick up when I said CW castings  ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 03:57:21 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
More pics.
CW commander Neyo with ROTS custom Neyo. Both with removable helmets.
Bralor still a wip but markings now started being added......also a removable helmet,with repeating blaster and vibro blade.
Imperial shock trooper finished sculpting the bucket,painted weathered and complete with heavy launcher.
Arc trooper parts came out well,started detailing Kyle katarn. Got him cheap from eBay minus shoulder piece......crafted one from epoxy,several paints,washes etc for leather effect. Also an aged Han Solo in progress,gave him a bit of a middle age spread around the waistline and a crystal skull Indy head as a starting point.......needing a bigger mullet I think.
Can't do much more to old master Luke,aswell as carrying extra inches and greying Kenobi style beard he carries his fathers sith blade next to his own green saber and blaster.
There's a comic pack Leia I'm gonna star ageing,in the second pic.........,its a small figure and fisher isn't so it may take a while ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:41:37 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Re: Benjani customs -CW Neyo -imperial shocktrooper - episode VII hopefuls
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
More pics.........

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
Presumed about my ears correctly you did! I would love to get CW castings when you sell and when i have some money! The yellow crusader is your best work! I think i will make me a couple of red yellow and blue crusaders some time! I really like the Cw Neo. I am going to do a Phase 2 CW Neo by sculpting a whole entire new helm!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2012, 03:12:19 PM »
Nice update!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »
Nice update!
Found a bit of spare time in between chores D O.......and found a missing fodder bin so I managed a few bits here and there.

Presumed about my ears correctly you did! I would love to get CW castings when you sell and when i have some money! The yellow crusader is your best work! I think i will make me a couple of red yellow and blue crusaders some time! I really like the Cw Neo. I am going to do a Phase 2 CW Neo by sculpting a whole entire new helm!

I've just started compiling a list of parts,the Neyo helmet is a copy of a rots version. I'm going to use it tomorrow to do a CW commander wolffe phase II.
I've got another figure identical to the one used for Bralor.......I'll use that to do a blue one,then whatever I can get hold of to do a red then the KOTOR mandalore.

I was going to try getting hold of some warlordarians by tdf.........not until they're easier to get hold of as as smaller bundle,it's bit pricey for a dozen at a time so until then I'll make my own. The crusader looks great next to Artus Lok in my cabinet........waiting for some casting to cure then ill put the finishing touches to him before posting . It's proving to be quite a pain casting the 2mm diameter studs he's got all over his armour........need 2 dozen to be identical.

I'll be watching you're wip updates to see how the bucket comes along,did you see the shocktrooper heavy gunner......CW ARF trooper cut and combined with a stormy front section? Some added sculpting to finish........might have to cast it.
As for prices,they won't cost much to make.........my only concern is shipping costs,a 50-100gram parcel probably $6 or $7???
I forget him much it cost to send Darth Optimus the lightsaber for the sith predator..........was about £4 ($6) I think.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:25:59 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »
Wolffe is looking good! It my be awhile before i get to do the Neyo. I am curious, What figs did you use for the Neo crusader?
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
It's the Paris pursuit snake eyes I used,they came in a FeeBay bundle..........use this variant as he's quite flat and basic all over,and so are neo crusaders.
Also the small 'joe' head mount can be sliced off and the larger spherical nub that's left is spot on for most SW heads.

Best bit about this variant........it's as cheap as chips
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:27:57 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
Thanks. I know of some other sculpts similar to that one. I will get some Joe bodies for some Neo's and i will use that body to make a Malgus to!

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Re: Benjani customs-CW Neyo & Wolffe P2 -heavy shocktrooper-episode VII wip
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:49 AM »
Here's progress on P2 wolffe with added hip rotation. Basic colours laid out.....detailing to follow.
Got a plain clone in a bundle of odds and ends,very basic with a solid helmet,no head but it can do the splits ;D
To do Wolffe p2 I was simply going to use a captain Rex Kama.........couldn't do the splits any more so I got some black nylon fabric,same stuff used for kites it appears,removed the belt.......glued it in place with a length of wire tie.
Put a hem on the Kama to prevent fraying,carefully using a flame......singed the front edges to also prevent fraying.
Glued on the belt with the wire tie,nice and tight I don't want any movement risking fraying.
The holsters are from a Jaster mereel,I bough half a dozen from ws_toys or sinodolls recently dirt cheap.will be painted white before affixing to the belt.
Fabric Kama and holsters attached only at the belt front and back in the middle means he's able to do the splits again.
Moulded a helmet from commander Neyo.......rangefinder will be a section of a sewing needle.......heated and pressed into the bucket,topped with an old potf boba fett section.
Gonna try producing a smaller neck nub for a clone head from the larger nub already in place,failing that it'll be chopped and replaced with a smaller one.

Didn't do much clone wars customs before getting a bulk lot of clones........it's been quite enjoyable,and I expect mr mando is liking their progress too ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:46:23 AM by benjani_1976 »

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »
Wolffe and Neyo look real good.

Offline benjani_1976

• Colonel
Thanks,more pics within the next few hours.......Been letting the holsters dry before detailing the points on his grey pattern,not long glued them on.
Head fitted nicely in the end,I was able to dremel the standard clone nub down to fit a CW head.
Used some wire for a shoulder antenna and rangefinder. With a lighter,stripped off the clear plastic coating for the rangefinder.....left it on for the shoulder. Secured antenna with superglue,blended into shoulder with epoxy for added strength. Topped off the tip with a 0.5mm blob of putty
Rangefinder fitting will be a .5mm hole in the helmet,90degree bend in the wire and pressed in,and fixed with superglue and blended again with epoxy.
Will include a group shot of all clone commander customs to date..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:56:37 PM by benjani_1976 »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
Wolffe is looking great!