Author Topic: Vader's Quest Chapter 8 "Acts of Treason" part 2  (Read 6334 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Vader's Quest Chapter 8 "Acts of Treason" part 2
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: Vader's Quest Chapter 8 "Acts of Treason" part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36:07 AM »

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36:46 AM »

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »
OHHHH MMMMMYYYYYY GGGGOOOOODDDDDDD

A new chapter of Vader's quest!!! YES!

I'm going to digest this and comment later...

Note to Admin "STAY OFF OF THIS ONE IT'S MINE!!!"

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
OHHHH MMMMMYYYYYY GGGGOOOOODDDDDDD

A new chapter of Vader's quest!!! YES!

I'm going to digest this and comment later...

Note to Admin "STAY OFF OF THIS ONE IT'S MINE!!!"

Jules,

I am anxiously awaiting your comments! ANY critiques, comments, or suggestions you have concerning the space battle are greatly appreciated!

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
Oh, and I forgot to ask, so I hope it's ok (you know the old saying about forgiveness and permission), but I used the name "Tamer" for a character in this chapter.

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »
Jason,

You are really in the groove! I genuinely get excited when I see a new release of yours as your story telling has all of the magic of Star Wars.

In terms of my critique here goes... I love the pace, the change of scenes between Imperial / Rebels and Vader are perfect and keep me hooked from start to finish. You don't crowd the page with tons of talk bubbles so again it makes the whole thing easy and fin to digest. Lord Vader is his usual mean self, I love his dialogue. The techno speak has just the right balance of making sense and being just geeky enough to keep us hard core fans satisfied. I love the fact that you use toys for your images (though I'd love to illustrate one of your stories as they are so cool), and the space battle was absolutely epic. Every chapter is different and as I love them all equally I cannot say that this is any better than preceding work. How can you improve on something that is consistently so much fun and so quintessentially Star Wars.

Expect a crossover as I'm likely to use Grey or Green Squadron in my next chapter of Alliance....

Excellent fact sheets at the end make the whole thing my favorite Graphic Fiction creation.... period!

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »
Jason,

You are really in the groove! I genuinely get excited when I see a new release of yours as your story telling has all of the magic of Star Wars.

In terms of my critique here goes... I love the pace, the change of scenes between Imperial / Rebels and Vader are perfect and keep me hooked from start to finish. You don't crowd the page with tons of talk bubbles so again it makes the whole thing easy and fin to digest. Lord Vader is his usual mean self, I love his dialogue. The techno speak has just the right balance of making sense and being just geeky enough to keep us hard core fans satisfied. I love the fact that you use toys for your images (though I'd love to illustrate one of your stories as they are so cool), and the space battle was absolutely epic. Every chapter is different and as I love them all equally I cannot say that this is any better than preceding work. How can you improve on something that is consistently so much fun and so quintessentially Star Wars.

Expect a crossover as I'm likely to use Grey or Green Squadron in my next chapter of Alliance....

Excellent fact sheets at the end make the whole thing my favorite Graphic Fiction creation.... period!

WOW! Thanks for the awesome comments Jules! I was super nervous about how the space battle would turn out.

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 11:00:33 AM »
By the way, I too plan to do a few short chapters later on focusing on Green & Grey Squadrons! Y-Wings are my favorite star fighters, plus I think they have the coolest helmets in ROTJ. I'll have to make these short chapters fit into the bigger picture of "Vader's Quest."

One thing I am really loving about this chapter is that I was able to purchase the new ANH Vader!! That action figure is just perfect IMHO.

Jason

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
Yes I noticed the figure right away... its great to see him being put to good use...

I'm going to put this on the front page tomorrow as I'm out tonight so please bear with me.

J

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 04:42:22 AM »
This is now on  the Front Page... I hope other Yarder's will enjoy and take the time to comment on this wonderful piece of work.

J

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 05:02:30 AM »
Thank you Jules. I was just getting to it and I can't wait to spend some great quality alone time going through it. I wanted to read it this morning, but my little gal has other notions.

Great work JLW515

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 05:04:28 AM »
Great work Jayson!!! You captured the fun of the saga again!!! Loved seeing General Cody, will he continue to be a major character?

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 08:02:03 AM »
Great work Jayson!!! You captured the fun of the saga again!!! Loved seeing General Cody, will he continue to be a major character?

Thanks! Glad you liked it! By the way, thanks for all the help you offerred on the lasers. There are different lasers throughout this chapter. There are some shots where I used the original way I did lasers, and it was just too much work to go back and change them out with the new lasers. I figured out a really cool way to do lasers on Powerpoint. I may make a video tutorial to go along with the hologram tuturial I'm going to make.

I did use the Photo program you suggested to make some fire, but I'm not 100% satisfied with how it turned out. That's just something I'll have to play with to get right the next time I use it.

General Cody!! Glad you like his appearance! I hope the crawl sequence upwards worked like I wanted it to! General Cody WILL be a character that pops up a couple more times in Vader's Quest, but will not be a "major character." I'm not much into EU, but researching on Wookieepedia, Cody just seems to have been abscurely absorbed into the Empire without any closure to his story. I'm going to offer some closure, not just with his being promoted to General.

Thanks again!

Jason

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 08:03:43 AM »
Thank you Jules. I was just getting to it and I can't wait to spend some great quality alone time going through it. I wanted to read it this morning, but my little gal has other notions.

Great work JLW515

Can't wait to read your feedback. By the way, if you didn't already see the post; I sort of "borrowed" your user name for the name of a character in this chapter. Hope you don't mind, I thought "Tamer" would make a cool name for an Imperial commander!

Jason