Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded 12-28 Lt. Feng!  (Read 75802 times)

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Re: Luke Sprywalker's Custom Action Figures Reloaded!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
I personally like the standard range finder...the other 'horn' looking one doesn't look like a range finder to me. The color scheme looks cool and cannot wait to see how the rest of this Mandalorian turns out. :)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »
HOLY MOLY! That helmet mod is so sweeeeeettttt! i like the standard rangefinder to cause the vizla one look's to far up on the helm and to big.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:45 AM »
Thank Mando assassin and botw! I promise to get back on that figure after C6!

OK guys, get ready for non stop Jabba's Palace figure customs. A long time ago in a gala, hold on, years ago I started on a quest to identify and create a figure for everyone in the Palace/Skiffs/Sailbarge. No doubt a huge undertaking so I made the major players to go in my diorama for many months and ran out of steam when I had to pack it away. Below is a pic of the majority of them.

As you can see, all of them are made with older less articulated fodder. Some of these will be revisited and others will stay as is. I am also working on several at once so it goes a bit quicker. Ja'Quile has been a WIP for about a year, so I started with him. I replaced his lower legs with ROTS Wookie Warrior legs that were cut down tremendously. I then glued his original feet on the wookie legs. Added some sculpt to blend everything and repainted the entire figure. He is still undergoing paint layers being applied to get a believable fur look, almost done with him.

Next up is an unknown skiff guard on the second skiff. I have already changed the head as this one was to thin for his chubby body. I dremeled away a lot of the belly on "Ice Cream maker guy" and some on the lower legs. I have started sculpting and need to work on the legs next. I will post a reference pic when I post his completed pics.

This guy looks like a Mercinary and is seen near Boba Fett when Bosh is talking with Jabba about the price for Chewie.

This guy is a fan of Yarnal Gargan and he is "raising the roof" and clapping at the end of her dance. I need to resculpt his lower tunic to look like one long shirt with no belt.

AK Rev is a figure they gave us with these crazy legs for an inaccurate movie pose. He never stands like that in the film! I have replaced them with Hoth Han legs and they are a very close match so I am going with it to save some sculpting time.

Another Wequay, this guy first opens a window cover and tries to shoot Luke then comes out at the end and battles him on the deck before taking a lightsaber to the chest. I plan to do his hair with hemp thread.

Sgt. Doallyn is on the second skiff right up front and gets shoved to the ground by Chewbaca when Bosh and him enter the Palace Throne Room. This helmet is from my old custom, just a place holder as I want to sculpt an exact helmet and have it cast.

Here is one of my old customs along with his updated version. I am sculpting the hat for him along with changing the lower legs a bit. This guy is the Human gunner that replaces the Nikto gunner durring the battle on the deck of the barge.

Group shot of Wave 1, there will be 1 more figure in this wave but he was missing durring this photo shoot.

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
Awesome  :o

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
Omg I need to watch ROTJ again, I gotta see some of these dudes in the movie now.

Offline Rogue82

• Ensign
These are awesome! Any chance of recipes for these guys? A Jabba's Palace Dio is on my to do list. I could visualize most of these guys from your custom alone before I read which character they represented. I know Hasbro won't release all of them  :-[ so I'll be going the route of the custom with some of them. I'm guessing you're aware of skiffguards.com for IDing these guys.

Looking forward to more.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
Liked em on Facebook and Love them here! Nice work on all of these. Quite a bit of time has gone into them and it shows!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Fantastic job on these rouges...excellent detail one each of them!! Ja'Quile really turned out amazing! :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
LE, you have a way with creating some of the coolest Star Wars "ordinaries" I've seen. This latest bunch are just superb!

Offline YakFace

• Commander
YES! This is my current goal with my customs is to create every palace goon, your Ja'Quile makes me jealous. What a fantastic idea to use that wookie for the legs, after you told me your plans I have been trying to get a hold of one. Awesome work, and I'm still down to make you a proper Jedi Luke in trade for one of your customs. Again I love this theme! ;D

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Quite a bit of time has gone into them and it shows!

absolutely second that! Awesome work!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Great Job!  So many figures out there for Hasbro to do but they wont.  That's fine.  It allows us to have this kind of fun. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Fantastic. I wasn't planning on doing any fp postings today, but this just had to get up there. Thanks for sharing this with us Spry. I didn't even know some of these characters existed!

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
Holy cow!  What an amazing undertaking!  Cannot wait to see how this works out.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Incredible work indeed.