Author Topic: X-WING ALLIANCE - Chapter 22 - "Rise of the Veiled Peril"  (Read 9131 times)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Re: X-WING ALLIANCE - Chapter 22 - "Rise of the Veiled Peril"
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
Every time you post a chapter, I wonder how you could possibly top the previous one.

The answer?  Just like this.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
Jules, I have had a great after dinner movie with your great new chapter with my friends on vacation. Lets just say they are quite amazed that one fan put this all together. They thought it was a professional comic done by the folks who made Star Wars. Thats fine praise.

That being said, I did see the falcon right when Rancor squadron was to go to the briefing room. Loved it. I also thought that new TIE was off the charts. I didn't know what new mod could be made with one, but yours was excellent.

I also noticed the thanks at the bottom of the frame and think we can't do enough to support this great work. I think I look forward to this more than I look forward to some of the newer sci fi movies I want to see. Thanks once again for sharing this and I just can't wait to see more and how Rancor Squadron takes on these new TIEs.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
Jules, a very engaging story!  The art was excellent, as always, but there was an element that seemed different and more lifelike, though I can't place exactly what it is.  I think it is the pilots eye shields, but I can't place it.  Very sharp!  The story did a good job of balancing between scenarios and kept me on the edge of my seat as I read frame to frame.  You do so excel at these!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:06 PM »
man! ive only just read it(been very ill) absolutly awesome !! loved every panel  ,i still say you could do the X-wing novels mate ,and you just proved it! 
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »
Wow so cool that you use your custom figures for this awesome comic! Really admire your photoshop skills, I use photoshop for illustration and I can tell you its not "real" easy. You must have a ton of source materials, some of your shots look like dioramas......so good. ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »
Everyone's feedback is so cool!

As I mentioned before, I am having so much fun creating this series, I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying the artwork and story.

Just a little update, I'm in the process of publishing this as a web-comic in Flip-Book format, so that people can read this like a comic on their computers, iphones and tablet computers. I'm just putting the artwork together for the main cover and backgrounds and should have the whole thing ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Luv ya all!

Jules

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
Everyone's feedback is so cool!

As I mentioned before, I am having so much fun creating this series, I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying the artwork and story.

Just a little update, I'm in the process of publishing this as a web-comic in Flip-Book format, so that people can read this like a comic on their computers, iphones and tablet computers. I'm just putting the artwork together for the main cover and backgrounds and should have the whole thing ready to go in a couple of weeks.

Luv ya all!

Jules

That's great news!! I hope you can become famous so I can tell people I know you. But seriously, your work is unbelievable and you're already famous in my book. Happy Father's Day! too. I don't know about England, but today is Father's Day in America.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »
Cheers CS79, yes it is Fathers Day today ... but I've been camping in a wet boggy field on a Cubs and Fathers weekend so I didn't get the traditional lie in and breakfast in bed....

And thank you for leaving such a great comment.

Jules

Spookymufu

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
Jules, sorry I took this long to comment, but as usual, great work, as you know, I love your style! I wish we lived closer so I could watch you put this together in person, just awesome work!

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
Jules, this is the coolest thing since Cool came to Coolsville. I can't begin to fathom the effort that went into this. You, sir, are a GOD! There are just so many innovative things going on here. I'm sure that it's safe to say all of us will be mentioning your name to our grandchildren one day. You are legendary!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share