Author Topic: 03/15/2024: CloneTroopr's Customs: Jaraeyla Fel (Darth Nox) <SWTOR>  (Read 143069 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: 01/03/2022: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Maladi <Legacy>
« Reply #540 on: January 04, 2022, 03:53:24 AM »
Wow, I agree she turned out great. Spot on with your reference images.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #541 on: January 04, 2022, 04:51:29 AM »
Great work! Looks like you've got nearly all the main One Sith characters made.  0/
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2022, 06:10:15 PM »
Really nice! The headsculpt looks spot on and the soft goods turned out really nicely. This is a figure you can definitely be proud of.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2022, 08:12:49 PM »
Sinister looking

Fabulous job! She looks like she could have came right out of one of those old comic packs. Her gaze has a see right through you feeling to it.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2022, 08:51:27 PM »
Noice!

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
    • CloneTroopr's Customs FaceBook Page
« Reply #545 on: January 05, 2022, 06:29:48 PM »
Wow, I agree she turned out great. Spot on with your reference images.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks for sharing, Tamer!

Great work! Looks like you've got nearly all the main One Sith characters made.  0/

Thank you, just Darth Nihl left!  :)

Really nice! The headsculpt looks spot on and the soft goods turned out really nicely. This is a figure you can definitely be proud of.

Especially happy with the soft goods, it's a good thing I keep random cloth scraps in my custom parts box  ;D Thanks!

Sinister looking

Fabulous job! She looks like she could have came right out of one of those old comic packs. Her gaze has a see right through you feeling to it.

Thank you! I really with Hasbro would continue the Comc Packs line!

Noice!
Thanks!  0/

Customs Thread: http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7528.0
FaceBook Page: CloneTroopr's Customs

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Re: 01/05/2022: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Maladi <Legacy>
« Reply #546 on: January 05, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »
Finishing off the main "One Sith" with one of Krayt's Hands...
Darth Nihl

This guy is really expensive online. I've been watching it for the past month now but no luck. Decided I'd better just make my own...

From all the pictures online, I can tell that the Hasbro Darth Nihl is a great figure. The only complaint I have is that they went with one of the other reference images for his hair. I decided to go with the hair he had in his first comic appearance, which I feel is much more menacing. The armor I based off of the second image.

This was challenging but fun to make, sculpted almost everything over a Boss Fight Studio blank figure (only additional unsculpted part of the figure is the lower piece of the hair in the back).

Here he is finished! Enjoy!

My "One Sith" main crew:

My Legacy figures so far...

Now that I'm done with the main villain crew, I might have to start filling in some of the good guys  0/

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #547 on: January 05, 2022, 11:43:58 PM »
Brilliant! You did a simply spectacular job with the sculpting on this guy. I was able to find him in the wild back in the day, but the Hasbro version doesn't have anything on yours. Again, a figure to be proud of.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 01/05/2022: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Nihl <Legacy>
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2022, 03:11:59 AM »
Wow, great custom. Man, you got to them all! All brilliant too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #549 on: January 07, 2022, 04:17:00 AM »
Yet, again I'm late to the comment party...but now I can leave my thought about all of your recent One Sith customs:

Darth Talon: Thanks for your answer! I'm going to customize a Talon based on TVC's Aayla Secura. That's an interesting intel about a cancelled Maul game. Makes me wonder what else was cancelled. Gaming has become quite frustrating when it comes to Star Wars. But that's a different topic. Looking back at your Sith Collection is nothing less but mind-blowing! It's amazing what you can do out of the figs in your fodder bin!

Darth Wyyrlok: I can imagine that those Sith tattoos are quite challenging. But you did a great job on them! When I first saw your post, I already wanted to comment on it, but it has been a little rough lately. The reference image is shown right on top now and when I first saw the second reference image and then I scrolled down to the picture you took, I thought this figure was pulled off right from that reference image. Perfect execution I say!

Darth Maladi: Now, that is some impressive work on her head, face and costume! Your work on softgoods is truly impressive. You made her costume look sooo good and even maintained the articulation of Back Widow. That's a figure, which I couldn't find in 3.75" on ebay Germany. I think those MARVEL figures were quite rare here anyways. I love the tattoos on her arms. You did a splendid job on all of them! Her lightsaber looks interesting as well. The blade must be from Kylo Ren's sword, but is the hilt as well? It looks so exciting, but I'm not sure if it is Kylo's.
She looks so awesome next to Darth Talon!

Darth Nihl: Well, this one impresses me most sculptingwise...and I don't even find time to sculpt a lightsaber hilt for the custom I found on ebay!
You pay such close attention to detail and I think you did a better job than Hasbro back then. I mean a custom based on a Boss Fight figure is an advanced start already! I think it was a great choice also because Mr Nihl was said to be a tall guy and B.F. figures are a little taller - perfect 1/18 scale.
But your sculpting skills are something else. I mean his hair just looks so good. It's my favorite detail on him and I think you made the right choice. The armor you sculpted for him looks perfect, too!
And much respect for the paintjob on his face! I'm beyond impressed by your work!

Thank you very much for sharing your customs with us! Looking at Darth Wyyrlok gave me some nostalgia of the time when I read the books about Darth Bane and his masters of the Sith Academy.

I like how you make some of the most expensive figures on the secondary market as custom figure and they look even better than Hasbro's versions. Isn't that what customizing is all about if Hasbro don't saturate the market? That feeling must be awesome!

Much respect from Germany!

- Philipp
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:21:48 AM by Darth More »

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2022, 12:01:11 AM »
Brilliant! You did a simply spectacular job with the sculpting on this guy. I was able to find him in the wild back in the day, but the Hasbro version doesn't have anything on yours. Again, a figure to be proud of.

Thank you!! That's so awesome that you had the foresight to get your hands on it when it was out

Wow, great custom. Man, you got to them all! All brilliant too.

Off to the front pages.

Really happy to have them all sitting pretty on my shelf! Thanks!

Yet, again I'm late to the comment party...but now I can leave my thought about all of your recent One Sith customs:

Darth Talon: Thanks for your answer! I'm going to customize a Talon based on TVC's Aayla Secura. That's an interesting intel about a cancelled Maul game. Makes me wonder what else was cancelled. Gaming has become quite frustrating when it comes to Star Wars. But that's a different topic. Looking back at your Sith Collection is nothing less but mind-blowing! It's amazing what you can do out of the figs in your fodder bin!

Darth Wyyrlok: I can imagine that those Sith tattoos are quite challenging. But you did a great job on them! When I first saw your post, I already wanted to comment on it, but it has been a little rough lately. The reference image is shown right on top now and when I first saw the second reference image and then I scrolled down to the picture you took, I thought this figure was pulled off right from that reference image. Perfect execution I say!

Darth Maladi: Now, that is some impressive work on her head, face and costume! Your work on softgoods is truly impressive. You made her costume look sooo good and even maintained the articulation of Back Widow. That's a figure, which I couldn't find in 3.75" on ebay Germany. I think those MARVEL figures were quite rare here anyways. I love the tattoos on her arms. You did a splendid job on all of them! Her lightsaber looks interesting as well. The blade must be from Kylo Ren's sword, but is the hilt as well? It looks so exciting, but I'm not sure if it is Kylo's.
She looks so awesome next to Darth Talon!

Darth Nihl: Well, this one impresses me most sculptingwise...and I don't even find time to sculpt a lightsaber hilt for the custom I found on ebay!
You pay such close attention to detail and I think you did a better job than Hasbro back then. I mean a custom based on a Boss Fight figure is an advanced start already! I think it was a great choice also because Mr Nihl was said to be a tall guy and B.F. figures are a little taller - perfect 1/18 scale.
But your sculpting skills are something else. I mean his hair just looks so good. It's my favorite detail on him and I think you made the right choice. The armor you sculpted for him looks perfect, too!
And much respect for the paintjob on his face! I'm beyond impressed by your work!

Thank you very much for sharing your customs with us! Looking at Darth Wyyrlok gave me some nostalgia of the time when I read the books about Darth Bane and his masters of the Sith Academy.

I like how you make some of the most expensive figures on the secondary market as custom figure and they look even better than Hasbro's versions. Isn't that what customizing is all about if Hasbro don't saturate the market? That feeling must be awesome!

Much respect from Germany!

- Philipp

Really appreciate that you always take the time to give comments on each of my customs! Hopefully things are looking up for you; you mentioned your were in a bit of a rough patch 😞

Making Talon off the TVC Aayla is a great idea! I'm sure it will be easier to get ahold of the figure since they're releasing that repaint.

I had the most fun with Wyyrlok's tattoos!

Hm...it might make this easier for you to find the Black Widow figure: the black widow figure I used is from the Gamerverse 2-pack with Street Fighter Ryu.

I'm really glad you noticed the hair sculpting for Nihl, I had a lot of fun with that!

Hehe my original intention with customizing was to fill in spaces in my collection for figures that were out of my price range, I just had to remind myself of that with Nihl 😂😂 I am relieved that I don't have to check everyday anymore for a new Nihl listing online

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2022, 05:59:24 AM »
Just looking back through these this morning. Man, your sculpting skills are getting awesome.

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
« Reply #552 on: January 11, 2022, 10:59:07 PM »
Just looking back through these this morning. Man, your sculpting skills are getting awesome.

Thanks man! Sculpting really opened a lot more possibilities for me for customs  8)

Offline CloneTroopr

• Commander
Re: 03/03/2022: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Desolous <TFU>
« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2022, 03:16:55 PM »
"A thousand Jedi died cursing Darth Desolous! Now you, too, shall scream my name."

Those two lines immediately stuck with me. After fighting through imperials guarding the creepy, sad Temple ruins, encountering this character topped off the whole experience.

When the Force Unleashed came out, I didn't have the next gen consoles, so bought this game on PS2. Luckily did, because they had extra levels and exclusive characters. Darth Desolous was one of the Jedi Trials that Starkiller had to go through. What a menacing character.

Here's Darth Desolous:

The figure is mainly a Revenge of the Sith Utapauan  Warrior. I cut off the crown from the headpiece then glued it to the head. The lightsaber hilt is a piece cut from the figure's staff. For the collar, I used soft goods. The cape is from a 5POA Chirrut Imwe figure. Enjoy!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: 03/03/2022: CloneTroopr's Customs: Darth Desolous <TFU>
« Reply #554 on: March 03, 2022, 09:25:59 PM »
Desolous looks really good! What a great character and I like the way you rendered him in 3D, particularly the fabric collar. I might have to take a stab at him as well. Great figure.