Author Topic: Customs for the Kid: Smuggler Team & Vehicle Contest  (Read 2690 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Customs for the Kid: Smuggler Team & Vehicle Contest
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:44:32 AM »
When Elias and I set out to create our smuggler teams that included the smuggler with their mate, we decided to make half of each others team.  I made an Ewok smuggler and he made me a monkey lizard for my mate.  On the other smuggler team, Elias created an Arkanian and I created her Twi'lek mate.  It was a great way to put a crew together for the new ship I made and stay within the rules of the contest.

At the moment we're calling the Ewok "Pop".  He pilots this muscled version of a K-37 Starstreak racing ship with his monkey lizard mechanic/mate who is often found tinkering around in the engine room of the vessel.  They are currently being kept company by an Arkanian and Twi'lek smuggler team who recently had their spaceship stolen and are earning some fast cash traveling with Pops providing security on the riskier ventures he has been involved with recently.  The four make one great team.  Pop is hoping they will get a lead on the stolen spaceship so he can help his friends get their ship back.

Secret storage located behind a fake engine is where Pop likes to hide his smuggled goods.  Pop fronts as a transporter of spaceship parts.

I still have to grime up the engine room.  A big thanks to L.E. Spry for the engine room idea and Jules for the original vehicle design.  This vehicle was heavily inspired by the work of those two.

I also have to paint the circles to look like computer monitors.  I want it to display the faces of the crew members on the screen.

I still have to finish painting the gun mount.

I still have to finish weathering the rear of the ship and add a gloss coat over the vehicle.

The booster still needs to be painted also.

An armory/prison cell/sleeping quarters.

I still need to finish the paint job on the speeder bike I created.

I still have to do all the detail work on the control panels.

After I finish all the work on the spaceship, we have to finish painting all of the action figures.  Hopefully we will meet the deadline.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:28:52 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: Customs for the Kid: Smuggler Team & Vehicle WIP pics for Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »

Just finished!! Here's a video of the completed entry courtesy of Darth Daddy & Elias of "Customs for the Kid":

http://animoto.com/play/62tseJY8zvUEJI6n7HzWyQ

When Elias and I set out to create our smuggler teams that included the smuggler with their mate, we decided to make half of each others team.  I made an Ewok smuggler and he made me a monkey lizard for my mate.  On the other smuggler team, Elias created an Arkanian Offshoot and I created her Twi'lek mate.  It was a great way to put a crew together for the new ship I made and stay within the rules of the contest.

Pop the Ewok grew up a slave on Coruscant.  He was kidnapped as a baby and was kept as a pet until he got older and the family lost interest.  Old enough to set out on his own, Pop hit the streets and never looked back.  He befriended a monkey lizard with a robotic eye named Tiet Pescow and together they worked at a space ship repair shop until one day a golden opportunity presented itself.  A customer came to have his  K-37 Starstreak racing ship serviced but was struck dead by an out of control speeder.  Pop and Tiet got the vessel home while their employer was at lunch and quit their jobs later that afternoon.  They saw the ship as their ticket to riches and that night decided to become smugglers.  Pop flew the craft and his monkey lizard mechanic/mate Tiet was often found tinkering around in the engine room of the vessel.  The ship is so rare that very few spacers know the punch the spacecraft packs, but these two knew they had something special and they quickly rose to prominence in smuggling circles and throughout the crime underworld.

Pop and Tiet are currently being kept company by an Arkanian Offshoot smuggler named Daala and her Twi'lek mate, Maari  former slaves under what was left of the remnants of The Crucible.  Both had risen through the ranks of the organization and bore the tattoos of the order.  The Flames of the Crucible were a runic language usually tattooed on the members of The Crucible, an organization of slavers. The tattoos held different meanings and could be found on the arms, chest, and even face of anyone within the ranks of the Crucible.  The Flames tattooed on the face of Daala were specific to the minders and internal security forces who had, through talent or deed, become a permanent part of the Crucible. They were unique to them, whereas the general populace didn't have them, nor did the minions in specialized roles. Tattoos on the arms of members of the Crucible like the ones found on Maari  were usually a reference to military insignia, representing rank and the particular group of trainees a minder is assigned to.  Some members, such as Daala, were known to bear the Flames of the Crucible on their faces. In Daala's case the tattoos actually meant "Protector," the name that was given to her by the slaves of the Crucible. These two escaped The Crucible and made a very successful living as smugglers.  That was until recently when they had their spaceship stolen. Now they are earning some fast credits traveling with Pops providing security on the riskier ventures he has been involved with recently.  They are hoping they can earn enough to get another ship.  The four have found that they make one great team working together and serious thought is being given to keeping this team together by all.

Pop is hoping they will get a lead on the stolen spaceship so he can help his friends get their ship back.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:55:53 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Customs for the Kid: Smuggler Team & Vehicle Contest
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Brian you do pull out all the stops from the custom to the final pics. Nice work. Look for it on the front page soon.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
Well said Tamer! and I couldn't agree more! This is one fantastic entry and the vehicle just puts it over the top! I can see that you and Elias had a lot of fun with this creation. So how did you like the cinnamon for weathering?

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
Well said Tamer! and I couldn't agree more! This is one fantastic entry and the vehicle just puts it over the top! I can see that you and Elias had a lot of fun with this creation. So how did you like the cinnamon for weathering?

I still don't have a car.  No cinnamon yet.  I pick up a rental sometime tomorrow and will grab some on the way back home.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
ok I was wondering as it didn't look rusty yet. I didn't know if you didn't like it. haha

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »
Nice stuff guys!  ;D ;D ;D