Author Topic: Gi-Joe Zombie Viper  (Read 11852 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Gi-Joe Zombie Viper
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
I'm not quite sure why this one is available at this time as it's wave hasn't been released yet but from an ebay seller, I scored this tac Zombie Viper figure.

Described on the file card as cobra infantry troopers that have been given a mysterious chemical substance (compound z), that has turned them into drones. Wiped of all thought, they follow orders mindlessly and cannot be reasoned with or sidetracked.

He includes a containment helmet with attachable hose and chemical container (or so it looks like) and alternate tendril arms that can interchange with his claw action hands. Also included is the figure stand.

First off, the articulation of this guy is excellent from the double jointed knees to the extra joint in the wrists allowing a changing grip. the lower arms and hands are detachable below the elbow with included seperate tattered shirt cuff pieces that allow connection of alternate tendril arm pieces.
The containment helmet has multiple peg holes to attach the hose to and the chemical container has multiple attachment points on the tattered vest accessory that for the most part looks like a network of straps with some tool detail on the sides. His uniform under this looks like it has had a tough time of it with molded tears on his lower legs and the previously mentioned tattered cuff pieces. Cobra emblems can be seen on the upper arms and chest. The zombie head sculpt is exquisite and has a face that only a mother could love. "I must mold this head" This zombified sculpting continues down his lower arms, lower legs, hands, and feet. While I don't care for the containment helmet, "why cover a face like that?", the tendril arms are a great add in and he certainly looks intemmidating reaching out with them.
  One can expect this figure to be scarce and hard to find, even with Hasbro's excellent distribution of this line.
Zombie army builders rejoice.

I decided to take more than the normal number of pics for this one.

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Re: Gi-Joe Zombie Viper
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »
WOW!  That is an amazing figure!  I can't wait to see how the customizers here will use that for bases!
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
Great review Clint. I cannot wait to get this figure as I am sure you know. These pics make that even more of a desire for me.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »
Wow, looks awesome Clint. I hope you do a video review of this one. On the front page.

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 09:29:52 PM »
ok that's scarry but pretty nice too  ;D ;D ;D ;D imagine two of these zombie troops with my queen of blades oooohhh yeahh can't wait so see these figures in walt mart  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
as a fan of The Walking Dead I was stoked the GI Joe was coming out with a figure of zombie your pics has my mouth hanging open like the figure.   AWESOME!!!!!!

And as far as the helmet while on this figure goes to waste it'd be  perfect for custums and hope you mold it along with that fabulous head

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
Cannot wait for him to arrive.  He is indeed cool. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 08:46:29 AM »
Working on a review button for this one too.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 10:45:11 PM »
That head would look great underneath a death troopers helm custom

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »
that has SO MUCH potential...  so awesome.  Too bad I'll never see the damn thing.  Idk what your talking about with "hasbro's excellent distribution of this line"...  pfft...  my local wal-mart won't even stock joes anymore.  I have to drive an hour away to find them (if I'm lucky).

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »
that has SO MUCH potential...  so awesome.  Too bad I'll never see the damn thing.  Idk what your talking about with "hasbro's excellent distribution of this line"...  pfft...  my local wal-mart won't even stock joes anymore.  I have to drive an hour away to find them (if I'm lucky).

I hear ya Spud...my stores are lacking on joes, and most of my walmarts don't even carry them.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 07:11:38 AM »
I hate that WM has been phasing out Joes and MU, I do wish that WM would figure out what stores are doing what with it though. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:55 PM »
I hate that WM has been phasing out Joes and MU, I do wish that WM would figure out what stores are doing what with it though. 

The walmart in King Of Prussia PA hasn't up dated their toy isle in years and never have their own store exclusives.

Offline YodaMaster

• Cadet
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 03:04:04 AM »
Ahhhhh I want this now! I think there were actually 3 or 4 when I was looking at them at the Walmart I work at and I never got one :( Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I work for Walmart (if you didn't catch it lol) and I don't know why but the action figures are never restocked for some reason. The Star Wars stuff is always the same and nothing new ever comes out to the shelf, the Joe's are even worse lol. Maybe I will take a look next time I am at work and see if there are any hiding in the back room. If anyone wants anything let me know and I will see if I can pick it up for you if I have the spare cash. I usually stop in the action figure section once or twice a week on my way out.
To some Star Wars is just a movie, to others it's a way of life.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 07:53:19 AM »
I still haven't seen one in the flesh. I know, bad pun.