Author Topic: Defend Kamino Battlepack  (Read 9098 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Defend Kamino Battlepack
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »
Well I decided I was going to do one fun thing this evening so I tore open the Defend Kamino Battlepack, sorry Jay I mean slight disagreement pack. Here is the video review link for those who want to see that:

The three clones we get in this pack are all superarticulated that I can see with pretty nice paint apps. I plan to review each figure in detail, but overall I was very impressed with ARC Commander Blitz. The only improvement I think we could have would perhaps be the superball jointed hips and perhaps a face sculpt with a removeable helmet, but it sure makes me wish this figure will see the basic carded format.

Frankly I think the kama on this ARC Commander Blitz is gonna be required gear on all further ARCs and Clone Commanders. I could easily see Clint getting a hold of this and chopping it up and just making a ton of accesories. Finally I see holsters on a kama that look like they never would allow the pistols to fall out and still let you get at em. I also loved the added magazine pouch right beside the holster. That was a very nice touch. The paint job on the kama (diamond pattern) seemed pretty sweet and crisp too. About the only item of note I saw on this figure outside of wishing it had a removeable helmet and was realistic in frame (sorry guys I still think they are slightly thin) was that one super-articulated wrist tried to become too super-articulated when I tried the get him to grip the ARC Rifle. Still, it was a quick pop back in and think the customizers here could easily thicken that up just a bit to get it to stay. I think the articulation is well worth t

I thought the packaging very nice and as you know me I hated to open this, but found that there was very little tape on this diorama insert and I was finally able to get it out without tearing it. Bravo Hasbro. I thought the box design itself made it very possible to keep this momc indefinitely. Having only three figures sure did make it easier to see the box art and inside diorama insert. I also thought the back of the box was very nice graphically, but perhaps used a bit too much of the TCW Episode synopsis and perhaps not enough in explaining how each character was a part of said episode. I zoomed in on the box art for ARC Commander Blitz and then for Echo and Fives. Graphically it was pretty nice.

Clone Trooper Fives was excellent in terms of super-articulation and just general overall movement. Outside of his slightly emaciated frame common in my opinion on this entire line of characters, his paintwork and markings were spot on. The sticker insignias I thought were a nice touch, although I thought some of W9's transfers looked to be a bit better quality. Still, as you can see he has a removeable helmet, but his bucket looks pretty daggone good over the head and doesn't take too much pulling to take off.

Clone Trooper Echo was no different. I really couldn't add anything more to the review for Echo more than Fives other than the fact that one of his pistol's handles was so thin that I don't see how any trooper would grip it. I could easily see adding some superglue to it to make it a bit more substantial. However, this is a very minor gripe to a very nice figure.

As you can see each figure comes with its own stand, a battle card, and one battle die. These were packaged in a separate arrangement that once again lends itself to getting no damage to the card. This was just an awesome pack for TCW line up and about the only other pack I think that could compete with it from what I could see was the real Battlepack a few years ago with all of the ARCs (never did see it so I can't say definitively). I think all three of these figures would be must buys for TCW Collector and one can only hope that one day each will see the basic card.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this as I felt a bit out of my element (I am not a TCW Collector), but tried to do it justice. I also once again will try to get the video review up later where you can see me get confused over the identity of Echo and Fives. And remember, only one package was harmed in the making of this review.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:34:09 AM by Tamer »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Defend Kamino Battlepack
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
Yep, getting to the figures isnt too bad but getting the figure stands and the galactic battle game cards out is a little more tricky. I use a knife to do this part.
Good review so far, Tamer. I agree on the flimsy nature of the plastic used for the blasters but love the deco on all of these guys. Imagine what a seller that this or more single carded arc troopers would be were they to be made and marketed.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
Saw one of these and a "Hunt for Grevious" in my local store this evening.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
excellent review Shawn   and it is a great pack guess your gonna now have about 2 months of therapy just to get over opening it ...lol  ;D
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
excellent review Shawn   and it is a great pack guess your gonna now have about 2 months of therapy just to get over opening it ...lol  ;D

I think you can hear me wincing in the video interview. I tried to not sound exasperated, but it was a C10 box.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
Ok, I did my first TCW Review. I did like this pack. Stay tuned for the video portion.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:12:10 PM »
Shawn, did you notice that they had miss named echo and fives on the back of the package? Echo is the one with the hand print on his chest, not fives.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »
Shawn, did you notice that they had miss named echo and fives on the back of the package? Echo is the one with the hand print on his chest, not fives.

Well then perhaps I wasn't the screwball I thought I was when I did the video review on this Clint. I thought I was loosing it there for a second. Thanks for the clarification bud.

Offline The Mandalorian

• Mando Lover
  • Lieutenant
  • The Best Mandalorian Ever
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »
I've had this pack for a bit, and it's great.  Blitz is cool, Echo and Fives are awesome, but eventually in my on going Star Wars figure saga, Fives will die, Echo will honor him by wearing his helmet, and the Ultimate  Battle will take place where Boba Fett leads the mandalorians  against the Sith.  Very good set!
Call me master, cause I'm faster on fire.  I no longer have to hotwire, I'm a hunter for hire wit no plans to retire and all the sucka MCs can call me sire!  Screw the Jedi and the Sith.

Offline Poffie

• Cadet
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
i find Arc Packs awsome

Clones rules! ()rr DH

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
great review Shawn,you're a true wordsmith my friend.I was a little hesitant on doing a review on the boba fett prototype figure(because I know people like him,where as I do not),but got my bearings,and just said what I thought.I really hope you do more reviews too.I'm intrested in seeing what you think about figures,because you are a collector!I have no real opinion on this set other then I do like the Arc,the Harlequin Kama gives him some flare.as for echo and fives,well one of my favorite episodes from the clone wars is rookies,so I'd rather have those two from that episode personally,this is from the episode where they finally become arc troopers right.can't wait to see this video review,their so much better then written reveiws,their just more fun to watch.thanx. ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 04:03:40 AM »
Thanks JMT, your comments are appreciated. I just figured I would review it since I was opening it and was actually surprised no one had tackled this yet. I do enjoy reading and watching videos of other folk's interviews too.

I will try to get the video loaded on Sunday. If I try it at home they will downgrade me again to dial up. The last time I did it they actually said they were going to take away my service, what little it is. They didn't like my comment that it would just be like real life then (if they take away my satellite service as it is spotty at best).

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:40:17 PM »
Great review Shawn. It takes extra effort to review stuff one is not as interested in. You couldn't pay me to review transformers for instsance. Hope to see more reviews like this because it is good to hear what others who do not collect CWs think of the stuff. i thought you also were very impartial or otherwise un-biased.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 09:34:59 AM »
Video review for this can be found at:

I got Echo and Fives mixed up due to that daggone back of the box, but you will get the gist of it.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »
Nice video review, tamer.