Author Topic: C130IM's Vehicles - 1:18 Militia Guntruck (Occupied US, GA Unit)WIP, 12 Apr 15  (Read 48716 times)

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
One of my earlier customs done couple years ago. It's essentially done just needs some detail painting.

It's not based a real vehicle but thought it fit in with Russian or Chinese military. Basically used a chap-mei 6 wheeled APC, styrene, clear plastic for windows and hinges for the front rear hatch.

Cut out the rear section (had the police lights on it) and converted it to carry a support unit (4 figs). The rear section was reconstructed from styrene. Using pieces of original vehicle to add deal on back section. Created a hatch door for the open section of the cab and covered the round opening where the chap-mei figure would fit. Air-brushed it and just need to paint the accessories that are molded to the hull of the vehicle.

The hatches warped a little from sitting in the garage in the summer.

If the image quality is bad I will update the images.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:34:21 PM by C130IM »
Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

http://Http://Facebook.com/C130IM

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
Re: C130IM's Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:31:41 PM »
Was hesitant to post pics of this scratchbuild on any board. Mainly because even after starting in March 2009, I am still far from completion.  Apologize for poor picture quality. Used camera phone for the pics and had no flash. I'll take updated photos as progress is made with my regular camera. It gives an idea of where I'm trying to go with this vehicle.

It's one my largest ground based combat vehicles. Each step has been time stamped photographed down to each piece with dimensions. To date over 800 pics taken and still far from completion. Objective is to have the invader most lethal vehicle completed by May 2012. Weighs 35lbs without electronics and power supplies. I am considering casting and running limited production once completed.

Will have the most sfx of all my models. Standard lighting for each level, sound, removable engine/reactor core illumination, illuminated display screens, laser effects for dioramas, and smoke generator to simulate reactor venting or other effects. Multiple weapons that rotate and elevate. Cannons, rocket artillery, and hidden weapon systems. Opening doors, hatches, and access panels.

Will be adding more pics as project progresses. Interior, electronics, side panels and other hatches need to be installed. Then of course the paint job.

So may look, ehhh, right now but she's got a long way to go. Hope everyone likes the initial work. As always, suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Chad

Sci-fi/military Scratchbuilder & Customizer of 1/18 Vehicles and Figures.  Always looking to learn and improve skills!

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »
1/18 Quad 50 Resistance Guntruck "Angel of Death" finally done!! The camera flash brought out little too much shine to the steel paint but it still came out okay. I have other close ups of the damaged sections of the truck and can post if want to see them.

In my verse, these trucks (variants of) are used by bands of resistance and regular US military forces in the occupied southern US territories. Heavily armored and armed with .50 quad, upper/side mounted .50 cal machine gun, grenade launcher, and other small arms. Battle with the invaders proved that the .50 caliber rounds were more capable of inflicting damage on enemy vehicles and penetrated infantry armor more effectively than the standard .223 or 7.62x.39 round. Trucks were wired with high tech optics and computers to aid in targeting enemy units. Each round had to count!

Done for this variant. Any suggestions or input for improvement I'm open for critiques.

Chad

Offline C130IM

• C130IM Customs
  • Ensign
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
Early stage work in progress. More work has been done since these pictures were taken.

Based on same verse as the completed Guntruck. The "Rabid Bear" was reverse engineered by engineers working with militia and military units in R&D facilities scattered throughout occupied Southeastern US. Preferably, US forces would smuggle captured alien technology to safe zones located in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia.

This particular mech fell into new class of weapon system: Bipedal Guard - Inantry Support and Assault Mecha (BGISAM). Some came up with new names for acronym (BIG-SAM, SAMI, etc.). "Rabid Bear" was first deployed bipedal human variant mech.

It was used to support ground units in offensive/defensive operations. Launch assaults on alien positions using it's side mounted and rocket artillery from safe distance. Engage alien units in direct skirmishes when called on. It would also conduct recon operations.

Armaments:  2x side mounted cannons (fires anti-armor and frag rounds, 24 rounds each);;; 2x side mounted miniguns;;; 2x rear mounted 40 round rocket launch artillery  (each launcher pre-loaded w 40 rounds and 40 rounds in cartridge below the launch tubes);;; 1x twin 30mm chain gun below the cabin.

Comments, suggestions are appreciated:

Chad

Offline Thunder

• Cadet
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »
That is really really really awesome!

Offline Thunder

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 11:05:08 PM »
Saw this on HissTank great custom!

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 01:42:47 AM »
Oh WOW!!!! This is one awesome project you have going, cant wait to see this finished with the lighting and paint applied. I will be following this eagerlly. Well done.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 02:02:43 AM »
super cool walker, love the design and the lights!!  very inspiring, can almost see him in combat situations :)
welcome to the yards!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 02:18:02 AM »
Daggone, that is one bad machine! Looks awesome.

Time to get some of this to the front page.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 02:58:26 AM »
Ok, on the front page.

Does that large vehicle you are building have a name yet? Wow am I excited. I haven't seen something this grand in awhile.

Thanks for sharing all of these with us.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 03:07:46 AM »
Wow cool walker! The truck is rockin as well!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 03:18:26 AM »
holy moly! :o
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »
That four track Behemoth is AWESOME!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
Well when you alluded to your scratch builds in the "hello" thread I have been waiting for this post. Man this is some awesome work! The military vehicles are bad ass man! That 4 track takes the cake though. What an ambitious project! My mind is blown by all the work and detail that has gone into that total scratch build! Some clearer pictures would be great but it is tough to photograph all that white styrene. Do the tracks move? I wouldn't expect them to but with all the over the top enginering on that thing I would not be surprised if you made it happen. I really can't wait to see you finish that build and put some paint on that beauty! Now on to the walker..FAN-FRIKIN'-TASTIC! She is a realy beauty of a design. Looks like the top part of a tank used and it meshes really well with the other parts. Really nice work displayed here and I can't wait to see more! Bravo!

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
epic dude is epic!