Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 159447 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: Ultimate Boba & Militant Mando)
« Reply #705 on: December 14, 2009, 12:03:47 AM »
I'm very impressed with the figures you have done and the variety of parts you've used work great together keep up the great work.

Ron
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:14:38 AM by hemble »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #706 on: December 14, 2009, 12:05:59 AM »
Thanks! I'm glad you like them. 

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #707 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:51 AM »
Dev are you going to paint that backpack??? You can't make an awesome mando and have plastic turbo fans =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #708 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »
lol yeah everyone keeps insisting that the only thing left to do for that one is paint the backpack more uniform... so I'll do that today.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #709 on: December 14, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
lol yeah everyone keeps insisting that the only thing left to do for that one is paint the backpack more uniform... so I'll do that today.
I guess I'm odd man out on this one but I actually really like that it's 2 different colors.  It looks like maybe that was part of its design when he made it.   Some unmathing/nonuinform color situations are better off sometimes IMO.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #710 on: December 14, 2009, 03:28:55 PM »
well NFC... i went on and painted it, and it does look alot better  :P  lol I'll post pics later

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #711 on: December 14, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
repainted and reworked helo pack:

I painted everything but the blades themselves flat black to match the pack.  I then drilled a peg hole into the center of the back of the helo pack where the green backpack could be inserted.  The green pack can still be removed and worn individually...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #712 on: December 14, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »
some of you might remember this WIP I showed a long time ago... I think I've had this figure sitting around for over a year waiting to be painted...  I finally finished it up so that I can list it on e-bay.  Now that I'm graduated and leaving school I don't have my student job anymore and after the next two paychecks I've got on the way I'll be flat broke... so needless to say I'm going to be selling ALOT of customs and figures soon...

SO.... if anyone sees anything they like while thumbing through my thread here, shoot me a message privately and let me know, and make an offer... if its something I havn't already sold, and if it's something I don't mind getting rid of, we might reach an agreement!

anyway, here we go:

Mandalorian Recon Scout:

this is basically a boba fett figure that has some gi-joe forearms and lower legs added on.... nice and simple...

the concept is that not all mandalorians were specialized to fight, some took more indirect routs...  this specific mando is an expert in gaining information and recon.  He's super stealthy and his armor is specialized for the job.  He doesn't wear gauntlets because they get in his way.  His backpack and helmet have specialized communications equipment which broadcast on a scrambled frequency only he has the cypher to.  His backpack also contains a jamming device to disrupt an enemies communications.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #713 on: December 14, 2009, 11:13:28 PM »
wow your Mandalorian Recon Scout looks superb

your Mandos are the best, can't wait to see more

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #714 on: December 15, 2009, 08:46:42 AM »
Oh yeah, the Helo pack looks better imo. I really like that one.

I like the recon scout too. It sure would be cool to have slip on arm armor for this guy. I guess there is no way to find something like that. Wouldn't it be cool if we really did get a decent full removable armor set for a Mando? I know they did some snap on versions, but a full complete everything would sell like hotcakes. I can watch my little girl play with her polly pockets all day long by changing clothes, if they would do something like this for the troopers it would be awesome.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #715 on: December 15, 2009, 12:56:30 PM »
tamer my ultimate goal is to create a mandalorian action figure that is just that.  Using all the various removable armor sets that have been issued so far I want to apply them to a gi-joe figure and make one that can be completely interchangeable with different armor sets.

my 'ultimate" boba fett is not as "ultimate" as I'd like it to be.  I'd like to be able to have a fett figure that can swap between different armors, different capes, and other variations to make a figure that encompases ALL personas of the character that have been depicted in ALL movies and EU material...

so this would include different armor sets for ESB and ROTJ, a comic style boba, and a holiday fett version of the armor, all of which the base figure could swap between.  AND make it where when all armor is removed the figure looks like fett would if he only had on his plain jumpsuit, without the armor....  (unlike the jango with pop off armor that looks like he has a huge void in his chest when you remove the armor!)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #716 on: December 15, 2009, 01:19:32 PM »
Damn impressive both Mando's look great.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #717 on: December 15, 2009, 01:25:16 PM »
I would love to have a figure that had all that Devin. I bet you could perhaps pull it off. I am just wondering why Hasbro hasn't  tried some removeable armor or clothes with rubber sets like my little gals pocket sets. They might not look as good as regular figures, but the fact that it could be taken on and off with relative ease would make it sell and played with great imo.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #718 on: December 15, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »
I stand by the idea that hasbro doesn't care about finding a good balance between playability and accuracy...

they either want a figure that has some kind of rediculous "super chop action" (like constipated anakin with lightsaber chop action)...

or figures that are super detailed but have no playable value and are basically 3.75" statues....

My customizing goal has been to find a balance between both of those issues.  I think that my ultimate boba fett is the closest to this idealized equilibrium that I've achieved yet...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2009, 10:25:28 PM »
Like the recon Mando, buddy. It's different enough to keep the mando look fresh. yeah, I like the new improved Samauri mando idea. You should find you one of those new concept snowies and try a helmet mod using the mando faceplate on the snowie's head.