Author Topic: TCW Captain Rex with Jetpack  (Read 6591 times)

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
TCW Captain Rex with Jetpack
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
Captain Rex with Jetpack
CW62
Bio:
Captain Rex takes the battle to new heights. When the clone captain needs to reach elevations, he boosts his rocket pack with a space combat propulsion pack. With this additional gear, Rex can take on battle droids even in space, increasing his chances of stopping even more of the droid army.

Captain Rex is partly the stone sculpt  >:( but they've payed a bit more attention to detail this time, as the pouldren now goes down to the bottom of his breast plate, as it is on screen, and it's got a new head sculpt which I think looks much more like Rex and the helmet is new as well and it doesn't strech out and look really awkward like the Rex in the ARC troopers battle pack. Rex has a soft goods kama, new sculpted pistol holsters and pistols. Artliculation wise Rex has a Ball jointed head, ball hinged sholders, elbows and knees, swivel and ball jointed hips, swivel waste and rists and know articulation in the ankles  :(. Rex's jetpack 2 swivel guns mounted on the top and looks a lot like a ship, the jetpack has a seperate jet pack that clips on to the main jet pack which is the screen accurate version that can be put on Rex's back so you can make it look screen accurate. The harness has a holster to carry 1 of the pistols that came with the arc trooper commander in the arc troopers battle pack.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: TCW Captain Rex with Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
Nice review, I was just going to post a review of him myself. I think I'm going to do some parts swapping to make a " better " Rex.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »
im liking the extras on this guy.

jet pack arc trooper, anyone?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
I am so behind in my Imperial Review Section on the front page. I have got to find some time to work on it and add this review.

Offline TheIRISH Rogue

• TheIRISH Rogue
  • Lieutenant
  • "Lost a planet Obi Wan has..how embarrasing."
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 08:35:49 PM »
What parts were you thinking of upgrading?
Writer of all things this in that.
Commissioner of art: Figures, Art, 1/6th Scale.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9061.30  <-- What's that? Oh cool, stories! ;)

Offline RC0379.Marev

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:30:07 AM »
Rex looks interesting....I wish we could have gotten a Phase2 helmet for him. I like that the jump pack can be broken down to a normal size rocket pack. The head sculpt looks better, which is good. The bly sculpt looked weird on him. What i am curious about is why use the stone torso, and mod the legs for ball hips. It seems like such a counter intuitive idea and waste of tooling. They  could have just used Denaal's torso with the Arf hips/legs. This would have yielded a superior figure imo, poseable for action!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:13:29 AM »
Rex looks interesting....I wish we could have gotten a Phase2 helmet for him. I like that the jump pack can be broken down to a normal size rocket pack. The head sculpt looks better, which is good. The bly sculpt looked weird on him. What i am curious about is why use the stone torso, and mod the legs for ball hips. It seems like such a counter intuitive idea and waste of tooling. They  could have just used Denaal's torso with the Arf hips/legs. This would have yielded a superior figure imo, poseable for action!

at least I'm not the only one scratching my head over this decision.  Why loose one point of articulation but add another?  Ridiculous decision on hasbros part if you ask me.