Author Topic: new Delta Squad figure pack  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
new Delta Squad figure pack
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:38:20 AM »
Hey!
I just noticed that the new Delta figures are not just a repaint of the Fi Skirata sculpt, but have been given ball-jointed shoulders while Fi and the other older Commandos have swivel shoulders.
Now all i want to see are ball-jointed hips and a wearable helmet on the stock figures and I'll be happy.
I know, Clint makes an awesome hollow resin RC helmet, but I'm strictly talking stock figures here.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline IMPURGE

• Lieutenant
Re: new Delta Squad figure pack
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:04 AM »
ya I saw them finally yesterday, 2 of them actually, read on another site that some are actually coming in the TFU box.  It does seem to be a mix up and not someone just swaping boxes.  Cuz all the pieces were there.  My thing about this set is since they had to retool the chest to make the shoulders ball jointed why not just go the distance and give them ball jointed head.  And i think the legs are actually from Fi

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
I had this in hand today, and for $39.99, was easy to put down and walk away from.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
I'm glad that Clint picked me up a pack.
I'm not going to pay ridiculous money for the figs on Ebay and TRU Germany won't carry them.

Hey, I'm also looking for the new TFU Starkiller figure. If you decide to buy the pack for the Navy guys and don't need Starkiller, I'll buy one or even two of them off you.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »
ya I saw them finally yesterday, 2 of them actually, read on another site that some are actually coming in the TFU box.  It does seem to be a mix up and not someone just swaping boxes.  Cuz all the pieces were there.  My thing about this set is since they had to retool the chest to make the shoulders ball jointed why not just go the distance and give them ball jointed head.  And i think the legs are actually from Fi
That happened with my set . It was an error . What site was it ?
Im still thinking if i should keep it boxed .

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 02:12:19 AM »
I spent the $40 because I missed them the 1st time when they were Entertainment Earth exclusives. The new Geionosian in the pack looks awesome though. Don't know if he's new but he looks like it. My one complaint, besides the price, is the legs are the action posed legs. I am not an articulation fan but these needed the better articulation in the legs definitlely.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 07:13:17 AM »
Daggone, I thought they used the new legs that were better articulated in the Fi variety. These still have the old non-poseable legs?

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 01:00:20 AM »
The new RCs have swivel hips, ball-jointed knees and ball-jointed ankles.
I'd prefer then to have ball-jointed hips, too, but can't have everything, I guess.
If they had removeable helmets and an upper torso ball-joint, they'd be perfect! It would also be possible to give them accessories for the DC-17 Commando rifles like a longer sniper barrel and optics, clip-on anti-armor launcher, removeable ammo pack, stuff to clip onto the backpacks  etc.
GI Joe can have that so the Star Wars figures could have it, too.

That would make for truly awesome figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 04:24:23 AM »
Volker I agree 100% with everything you just asked for in a Commando. They say that the AF line is for kids, but they sure don't make as many neat things to go with em as the JOE Figs!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 10:07:31 AM »
Joes are for kids, too, and with them an abundance of accessories are standard.
With Star Wars figures, we celebrate when a figure has a removeable helmet and a working holster.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
Volker, when I understand Hasbro's logic I think a little thing called Ragnarok is close!

()rr

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
Wow just 1 page on this? Other sites have at least 9! Anyway, the RC have all that you guys have said. The Geo is a repack from the TLC Target 6-pack Geo. Plus reports have shown it's hitting TRUs. Just not your TRU. :P I've searched mine and called the directory. They say the product hasn't left DC yet. So hopefully Middle and East Coasters will get their share. Though there's a price, only 2 for each store and maybe more if your lucky.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:37 PM »
Yeah, they do have the standard clone legs.  The night before I posted I just finished re-glueing the older version of Scorce back on his stand(hot glue is awesome) and was thinking about his non-poseable legs.  But their heads aren't very poseable either.  They seem stiff necked.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »
Picked these up on Tuesday; finally great to have Delta Squad, CHEAP!!!!!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Noctem89

• Cadet
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
hmm I need those figures  ;D