Author Topic: Upgraded Hasbro 1:6 Han Solo and Luke X-Wing pilot  (Read 120197 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Wooke-Balls' Newbie Custom Figures 08/04/11 Updated
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
I just caught up from way back - NO WONDER there's no Zev in my box!  Ok, looks like it'll be ebay or nothing.

When I read your first mention of making a Chiss fig, my thought was "I think a Talon Carde fig would do the trick - let's see what he uses" - and POOF!  Glad to see my mental image played out right.

Truly stunning figs.  I have similar plans for a space-opera RPG I'll be running for *my* family - custom action figs for their characters and SW mini's from WOTC for combats.  :thumbsup:

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
Captain Redo may be my favorite of yours yet, as his parts seem to flow SO well together!  Ulic's hair looks fantastic, you did a great job of painting it without it looking flat out yellow.  Very realistic.  Fantastic work!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 03:37:28 AM »
Thanks Phatty, Doc, Jedi Minstrel, Jenn, Jedi Merc, Kaleb and HFK for your feedback! I'm glad you like the figs - I've certainly enjoyed putting them together myself!! Some of the work that you guys on here do is truly outstanding - where as I see myself more as someone who just boils and pops! However it is an addictive side to the hobby that I haven't experienced myself before. Redo Nimain is almost finished bar his neck paint and now I find myself turning to my next projects...

First off are my four Aliens Colonial Marines using GI Joe bodies. The figs will be 1x Smartgunner, 1x Demo Grunt, 1x ComTech and 1x medic.

And back to Star Wars (my first love) I'm looking at my first vehicle (A speeder based on Fritzkriegs water moccasin design) turned into an Imperial swamp speeder. I'm Also considering a repaint of a vintage Forest Ranger.

I am also hankering to mod up a female character to go with my RPG Freighter Adventurers - any ideas on what pieces to look at?

In the meantime here's an oddity (bordering on narcissistic if you ask me!?!) I had "that's my face.com" knock up a 1/18th scale version of my head and stuck it on a couple of Imps for laughs and giggles... WB out

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 09:40:33 AM »
very interesting characters
I like all the small details and the weathering on the armor pieces

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 11:09:01 PM »
Nothing wrong with getting those heads.  I think we've all thought about it.  I know I have. 

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 05:39:51 AM »
What are you callin newbie these customs are great welcome to the yards!  ;D

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 12:51:59 AM »
I've had a super busy week at work and only just got home to find some of the parts for my next projects have started to arrive :D

So here's a very early look at what's next for this n00b customiser!!

My first two clones - Hammer & Smoke...

Smoke on the left is going to be built from a Gree Body, CH Commando helmet, Rex Pauldron and Joe 25th Blowtorch flame thrower. Ill be adding various other Clint greeblies to him too.

Hammer is an Ep3 clone with a marauder minigun. To him I plan to add a Cobra IG Shoulder pad and leg armour. IG backpack and ammo link and some Clint resin parts.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:00:37 AM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 12:57:52 AM »
Next up is "Soolin" a female gunslinger / crew member of the Solar Blade...

She is kit bashed from a Infinities Leia & Juno Eclipse. I'll be adding a repainted Joe "Agent Helix" head to finish the build.  Colour-wise I'm looking at a 'Bespin Han' sort of scheme. The lovely blaster is made by marauder. Gotta love that Helix head sculpt, so saucy!!

I'll be using the Helix body to create a female Mando later on...

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:50:00 AM by Wookie-Balls »

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 01:24:05 AM »
Ok and the last of my new projects are my Aliens RPG characters. I wanted to make some Colonial Marines to add to my "Geek Den Display."

I decided to try using GI Joes with a mix of extra parts. Marauder vests, Pulse rifles, Comms sets, knives. I'll be adding Clint's Fett leg armour.  Pouches and helmets will come from cheapo figures and I will be  scratch building other parts such as the shoulder lights.

I'll be looking at four figures to start off with, and perhaps adding another at a later date.

First off we have AJ - The ComTech. His character is played by my wife, Vicky.

AJ is based on a Gung-Ho body with a Blowtorch head. The marauder vest will be modded to look more like armour in the film.

Next up is Wiley, the team Demo expert

Wiley is a Duke body, Commander Gree head, Talon Karrde hands. Extra parts will include a backpack and demo satchel (from Indy) and the other various other Clint resin items.

The next figure is Mack - the squad Smartgunner...

Mack is the least interesting build so far - that's because most of his parts haven't arrived yet! Mack will consist of a Gung-Ho figure wearing Veers armour (not the vest pictured here.)  Mack will be armed with the Joe Smartgun from an Iron Grenadier, and have all the extras such as comms, light and camera mounted to him. I'll also be adding a Clint resin holster and pistol to him.

The fourth and final figure for now is Snoop - the team Sniper

Snoop will be made from a cheapo figure with marine armour, greeblies and helmet added. The sniper rifle will be adapted from the Leia Infinities rifle pictured.

All the marines will be painted in matching camo, and have their chest and leg armour painted up in film-style colours. Helmet cams will be modded from CW pistols, shoulder lights from the side tubes of Scorch's backpack and marauder have supplied the comms sets. I'm going to try to make the extra helmet parts from plasticard.

I know that none of my updates are that interesting at the moment - but as parts arrives these new figures will start to take shape!

All the best, WB out :D

Offline wookielover1138

• The Kessel Run Review
  • Colonel
  • The First Lady of SW Collecting
    • Kessel Run Review
Re: WB's Latest n00bie builds - Very early WIPs 17/08/11
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »
On the contrary WB! I am quite intrigued and can't wait to see the finished figures, especially Soolin 0/

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 06:21:12 AM »
A little bit of time to mess around and here's what I've come up with...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
Man, WB, you have several irons in the fire............. I like the looks of that three-man "messin around" team.

Offline DanOfTheDead

• Lieutenant
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
Awesome stuff all around, really looking forward to seeing how the female comes along! The Aliens figures are great too!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »
The Aliens figs look fantastic! 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2011, 05:56:56 AM »
Very cool and very well done!