Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2011  (Read 15243 times)

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2011
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 09:29:10 AM »
Definitely a bunch of stuff shown I want to get.  The trench run set and landspeeder are must-buys for me. I have or had all of these but the new decks look really nice.  We've seen all of these figures before, but I definetly want to get TCW Seripas.  I loved that episode.  

I love the Mando vehicle... Then again I also loved TCW take on the Mandos.  I know a lot of you guys are much more into the novels.  Me, I love the pacifist concept and have  zero interest in the books, so this all new vehicle is a must for me.

SS Fett looks great but I'm curious on the price.  I can't help but think Fett is going to be $200+ and the new Hot Toys SW DX line will be even more.  The 1/6 stuff has creeped way too high for the quality you get.

I can't help but ask, where's the new stuff hasbro? All this stuff has been shown online for months now, or at least told it was coming in a q&a...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »
Folks the toysrus exclusive SDCC items are now online. Free shipping on orders over $75.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=sdcc2011&csm=212981634&csc=1434338&csa=213125412&csu=1434621&camp=CME:20110721_Em_TRUCOM_Comic%20Con%202011

Now that is a switch. They are offering them up for internet sale before the Con folks get a shot at em? Oh well, hit that link for all of em including the new RC Squad.

Wait a minute, looks like the RC Squad is already sold out!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 09:34:11 AM »
LOL. I posted 11 minutes after I got that email message from Toysrus. Boy they must have really had a lot up for pre-order.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
Just got this in from my hasbro contact.

"Hello STAR WARS Fans!
As a special experience for STAR WARS fans, Hasbro will welcome Dave Filoni, Supervising Director of the hit television series STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS for an autograph signing session on Saturday, July 23 from 2:00-3:00pm in the STAR WARS action figure section of the Hasbro booth #3213.  Mr. Filoni will be signing a special edition STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS poster he designed specifically for this autograph session, free for fans.  *** A ticket will be required to participate in the autograph session.  Hasbro will distribute tickets on a first come, first serve basis Saturday morning beginning at 9:30am in the Hasbro booth #3213 (while supplies last).***"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
Here is the pic I got in the toysrus email. Did anyone else get this and better yet did anyone manage to snag an RC Set?

I for one am thinking it might have been a flub up by toysrus. Surely they wouldn't sell these online before the Con folks get a shot at em would they?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 10:46:21 AM »
Oh Pat, lookee what I just found from facebook, I do believe it was gentlegiantcollectors, but I got too excited I just had to get this on here.

Now this is one classy actor and I look forward to having one of these in my paws so I can get it autographed. I was so bummed by Liea's less than stellar behavior at CV, but this gentlemen was as nice to meet in person as he appeared on screen. I finally get my Veer bust. O Happy Day!

Spookymufu

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
I was so bummed by Liea's less than stellar behavior at CV

oh? do tell..

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
I was so bummed by Liea's less than stellar behavior at CV

oh? do tell..

I have a video somewhere I ought to load up, but Pat and I agreed it was better off not loaded. She was awful during the CV interview with Mark Hamill and George.

Spookymufu

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 01:29:40 PM »
oh, I think you should ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
oh, I think you should ;)

LOL. Maybe one of these days Spooky. I find it fairly ironic no one else loaded it up, but no one has. Most of us respect the films and the legacy that they have too much. Lets just say it made me glad I didn't have my little girl there.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »
I *SO* friggin called the "Luke's Landspeeder" release!  (high-5's himself) Dang, I'm a genius.

So is that TRU Delta Squad using the EVO Commandos Fi Skirata sculpt, then???

Is that Mando Gunship the same thing as the LEGO set "Bounty Hunter Ship"?

We'll get at least one TCW Chewie just for the Trando gun.  Lotta Republic Commando video game dios to come...

I'm still working on processing all the off-site links, trying to absorb the potential awesomeness.  (I think the USS FLAGG is just a set-piece, not an available toy.)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:16 PM »
Shawn, I'm probably as excited for you as you are for the Veers bust!  I'll have to pick one up myself.  Doc, if I remember reading that correctly, the RC set from TRU are all NEW sculpts with more/better articulation.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
Oh.  Oh, my.  That is cause to buy several.  Indeed.

...segue...

OH MY GOD!!!  WTF is this "renegades" mess?  Has "skinnimae" taken over the Joes??? 

The HAZARD Viper is hysterical.  I'll likely own one since I *teach* hazmat response and the idea of combat in a hazmat suit is patently ridiculous.

That new Tele-Viper is sweet primarily for his weaponry.  Clint needs to get cracking on casting that panzerfaust he's got, because I want several! 

Some of the SW vehicles are "hot off the truck" TODAY at EE!  The artillery walker, stunted Y-wing, etc.  I'll likely get them all, as a lot of stuff will be repurposed into my Fixer-verse.  Heck, I think the Mando Transport is useful for that!!  So I'll likely buy one of them, too.  ;D

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
I *SO* friggin called the "Luke's Landspeeder" release!  (high-5's himself) Dang, I'm a genius.

So is that TRU Delta Squad using the EVO Commandos Fi Skirata sculpt, then???

Is that Mando Gunship the same thing as the LEGO set "Bounty Hunter Ship"?

We'll get at least one TCW Chewie just for the Trando gun.  Lotta Republic Commando video game dios to come...

I'm still working on processing all the off-site links, trying to absorb the potential awesomeness.  (I think the USS FLAGG is just a set-piece, not an available toy.)
It does look like a moc up doesn't it. Still it would be so cool to see it and get it the following Christmas!!