Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2011  (Read 15245 times)

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2011
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
yous think ur walmart is bad,  here in  greece u still find red carded legends for 16$
May the Force be with you !

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »
If you arte on Facebook Sarlaac pit podcast has some pics of the Vintage collection boxed and loose Landspeeder and Tauntaun as well as a pic of the trench run.  Sorry i cannot post pics but FB won't let me steal 'em.  Here's the link to the pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.235786973110723.60316.131734773515944&type=1

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »
Sandtroopers.com just unloaded a whole Hasbro display set up. Sweet.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/sdcc2011/preview_night/pics/index.html

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »
Just beat me to it tamer, just found that myself, some cool stuff but I was expecting more vintage stuffs, but it's just preview night too so there is probably still more to come.  PS I don't like that mando transport.

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »
Yeah Zed, I can agree with you on that Mando Ship. Looks sorta week to me too.

That being said, I am a bit greased about that new Chewbacca with double bowcaster and trando shotgun. They returned our last answers with we are not going to be making anything from those shorter story arcs and now we see the Chewbacca outfitted like this? Hmmm...I guess he is just gonna fight Ahsoka, with his Trando Shotgun! Cmon Hasbro, at least don't outright lie when you give us our answers. One can only speculate if we will see the Trandos during the presentation or at Toy Fair in NY the following year.

That being said the vintage Luke Taun Taun and Speeder look very nice to me. It also looks like the Target Exclusive Three Packs have now as the street date so you fine folks with Targets might be seeing those this weekend. Why in the world for an TESB pack you would put two bounty hunters and a snowtrooper together is beyond me, but hey I will pick it up still.

I love Toy Fairs, we get to see all kinds of new goodies.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
I was trying to find where they said no chewie, cause I thought they had in a Q&A recently, but then again I remember the old "Never, EVER, EVER, EVER be a big Milenium Falcon" the week before it was revealed, so I am used to hasbro flat out lying LOL.  Don't even get me started on other lies they have told like Action attack and GI Joe and Comic line for Thor or the 3 pack with removeable helmets for Iron Man and War machine, ect, ect. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
Well guess its no use to get started again is it? Poor Chad is gonna have a heck of a time on the next CAFN cast with us whining about Hasbro!

I am extremely excited for a few of the preview items we have seen. I am a sucker for everything in the vintage packaging with the exception of the Ywing I think. I also liked the fact that some of the previous vintage waves are being shown so perhaps there might be some hope that there may some filler waves while we wait till October for the next wave. I must also say some of the TCW figures show great promise too.

Outside of Hasbro the biggest excitement for me so far is that 1/6 Scale Boba Fett. I have never added a Sideshow item to my TESB collection so it looks like this is the one. I almost bit on Iggy, but it still didn't look totally right to me. The Boba, on the other hand, just looks awesome. I am so glad they did TESB version too.

I am also eager to see if GG reveals anything new. I haven't noticed anything  yet, but I bet we will see some things too.

As always folks when I get the Hasbro presentations I will get them sorted and posted. I am eager to see if they announce the next large vintage vehicle offering.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 04:11:46 AM »
Here are a few of the goodies I have seen so far that I like the look of.

The new Hasbro Photos come from Sandtroopers Preview Night and they got some good pics up very early.

This Taun Taun (along with the Target Exclusive Search for Han) looks very nice to me

Folks have been wanting a new Speeder for a good while and this vintage packaging rocks imo

I know we have a few TCW Fans around here somewhere and these two figures looked outsanding to me

Chewbacca (ofcourse I am ticked at Hasbro for lieing to us, but the figure looks sweet with Trando shotgun and Bowcasters)

Seripas, probably spelled that wrong, but he is the little guy inside the robot suit in the Bounty Hunters Episode (hmmm....another short story arc character Hasbro?)

This is the Mando Gunship Zed and I agree we don't like, but to each his own:

And this is the Sideshow Boba that I found on Sideshow's Site:

Give us your thoughts and your pics of what has you excited so far. And it doesn't have to be just SW folks. I know we have some Marvel and GI JOE folks out there too.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 04:14:00 AM by Tamer »

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 04:33:19 AM »
Rebelscum has a huge index up now here Hasbro:
http://www.rebelscum.com/2011SDCC/HasbroSW1/default.asp

Heres Sideshow: http://www.rebelscum.com/2011SDCC/SSCSW1/

Heres Hot Toys: http://www.rebelscum.com/2011SDCC/HotToysSW1/

Thanks to Flyguy for posting the link to these on Facebook!

Tamer I think the Chewie has me most Excited but there is plenty to be excited about. I wish I had the coin for that Boba!!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 04:44:37 AM »
Cool Joe Dios: http://cdn.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach/1/joe-diorama-SDCC-11-001_1311231563.jpg

I wonder if this means they are going to release the FLAGG aircraft carrier... if so wonder what the pricetag will be??

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:58 AM »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »
The one thing that I may have been interested in from Hasbro looked like a piece of crap.  Hopefully, they rushed the prototype on her, but Bastilla Shan looks like a bootleg figure.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:13 AM »
Oh, and looking at the coverage from Sandtroopers.com, I LOVE some of that art they had on display!  I'd have spent quite a load there, I'm quite sure.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 09:17:31 AM »
Some great stuff and some...well not so great. That Mando transport blows chunks. They mush have done a study to see if they could make a vehicle for thess than $5. I agree with Pat the fan's choice figure also looks like crap. How can a guy get a job setting up there toy fare display and painting there figures?