Author Topic: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)  (Read 34490 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)
« on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
It seems Mike was killed by a drunk driver just last night and while I am still in shock I think the first thing we can do to marshall our energies is to start a fund for Hollie (Mike's fiance) for their little gal and their one on the way. I will handle all funds through my paypal addy:

slgroves@wildblue.net

Please donate if you can. Please message your donation with "ISY Charity Auction for Mike Martinez" and send it as a gift so paypal doesn't make its cut. We want to send as much generosity Mike's families way that we can. I can't even imagine the grief his family and fiance are going through right now and I am kind of in shock myself having just interviewd Mike with Chad for Custom Action Figure News just two days ago.

I am also starting up an auction here in this thread for a Gentle Giant Classic Bust Clone Trooper LT. This was actually going to be a surprise prize in his customs contest he was running, but it would make more sense for it to be sold and said funds go to his family. Here are pics of what this bust looks like loose, but it is brand new in the box and has never been opened. I am starting by bidding on this myself for $25.

I will donate the shipping costs for those inside the continental US, foreign bidders are much appreciated, but please understand you will also need to pick up the shipping cost when this is over (approximately one week meaning this will end July 10th). It would be preferred that the winning bidder pay via paypal (address above), but I will aslo take money order and personal check. Lets get this bid way up there for Mike's fiance and family.

Here are some in the box pics of the actual item:

Folks I know we are all a bit stunned, myself in the forefront, but lets marshall our energies into this auction for his fiance and children. They are no doubt going to sorely need these funds badly. Please also spread the word on the various forums and sites you frequent.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:36:26 PM by Tamer »

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
Re: Charity Auction for Mike Martinez (Mercury Art Studios)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
That's...  that's terrible to hear.  I didn't know Mike personally, but, hey, any member of the 'Yards and a fan of Star Wars is a friend of mine...  (Does that rule saying you must be over 18 to bid still go into affect, here?  I can personally guarantee I am 100% good for the money.  If it doesn't, I'd like to raise the bid to $30.)
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
I am happy to report I almost have a hundred dollars to send to Mike's family. Once I hit that mark I plan on sending it off in those increments. Thanks so much for your generosity. I have also had one item already donated for the next auction for this and talked about a pending idea with some other great custom folks. Stay tuned for that.

USD, I appreciate the support, and if you want to do this through your parents that is fine by me.

Does anyone else want to bid on this momc unopened LT. Clone Trooper Classics Bust?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:11:50 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
I have just updated the first post and included pics of the actual bust you will recieve if you win. I am upping the biddng myself to $35 dollars!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 05:25:45 AM »
I just wanted to note that we have sent our first hundred dollars to Hollie. I hope it is but one of many such installments.

I would also like to thank Jeditemplearchives, Yakface, Echobaseforums, and Sandtroopers for also publicly announcing our Charity Drive on their respective Sites.

Thank you once again to those who donated and lets see if we can keep this going.

Offline tbowen1020

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »
Bump to $40

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:34:04 PM »
Haven't been around these parts of the Galaxy for far too long. I was literally heartstruck when I read Sithfire's post on his FB account. The other day I listened to Mike's interview and only recently did I join up at EchoBase to take part in his excellent contest. I just donated to your cause, Tamer, which I believe is a beautiful gesture.

And I'd like to bid $70 on this bust.

The Force be with you, Mike, always.....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
Incom,

Bless you my friend! It is such a sad situation, but you guys sure are making me quite proud of the folks associated with our hobby. It looks like $70 is the bid and thank you for your contribution already Incom!

Spookymufu

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
I posted this over at RS so hopefully some of them will find their way to this auction...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 07:14:38 PM »
I posted this over at RS so hopefully some of them will find their way to this auction...

Thanks Spooky, Chad mentioned he went over there to post about it today only to see somone else had put up the link so that must have been you. I appreciate it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
Sounds good, let me know when you try and I will try to put them all over the place and get the word out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »
Sounds good Dillon, I will create a new thread here for donation items for those of you who want to auction off items for Mike so we can keep this thread only for bidding on the current gentle gaint bust and what new items we list. I do appreciate all of the generosity folks are showing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
Ok folks here is the new thread to announce your own ebay auctions for Mike or items you would like to donate to ISY.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7006.new

Now we can keep this thread strictly for bidding on the Gentle Giant Bust that is pictured in the first post. Is anyone gonna beat Incom's bid?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »
It seems my bid is the highest and final, right? If you could pm me the details for closing this auction, I'd appreciate that, Tamer :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
It seems my bid is the highest and final, right? If you could pm me the details for closing this auction, I'd appreciate that, Tamer :)

You are quite correct and thank you incom, pm coming with all the relevant details.