Author Topic: Star Wars Insider News  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars Insider News
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
I figured it was high time this was made. I do learn quite a bit from this magazine and sometimes they really give scoops. The article with Christian Taylor this time out was pretty good with lots of interesting things to Ponder.

Other items of note (I am looking at it now and may add more to this later):

Lando is getting his hands on 40 Walkers and a Dreadnaught for the latest novel (Buyer's Market) Choices of One goes on sale on July 19, 2011 and a special edition of the 20th Anniversary of Heir to the Empire goes on sale September 13th

Random House and George have annoucned that all fiction books will be made available in eformat as of June 28th! This includes all books from Del-Ray and Bantam.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Star Wars Insider News
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
HttE turns 20???  Lordy, I remember meeting Mr. Zahn at a con the weekend the third book was supposed to be released...  TWENTY years???  wow...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
HttE turns 20???  Lordy, I remember meeting Mr. Zahn at a con the weekend the third book was supposed to be released...  TWENTY years???  wow...

Welcome to my world Doc! I gotta say that Zahn kept me interested in SW after the long years between movies and spurred my love for anything EU. I would love to get his autograph on an Thrawn trilogy book someday.

There is also a good bit of information on the new MMO The Old Republic too if anyone is interested. I think it looks neat, but I just don't have the internet speed to be able to play any online MMO so I, by default, have let it go. I must say the trailers they have for this just look spectacular though.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:29:53 AM »
The Insider has been getting a little bit better lately.   There for awhile it was all the same articles and would only have 1 or 2 good things in it.   Putting the short stories back in was a good move.   I skipped buying about 6 issues of it last year because it was redundant.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:37:15 AM »
Yepper, they have a new story in it this month that I haven't read yet. I try not to read it all at once and save some things for later. I think about the only problem I have with Insider is that when you order a subscription you had better write down or note when you order it because they will send resubscribe notices about six months before its due. I am already getting them when I renewed this past January. Still, most magazine subscribers seem to do this nowadays.

Another thing I learned this month was that 4-LOM's eyes we made using bubble wrap. They have an interesting story about that vintage scene with Vader and the Bounty Hunters on the Executor.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
The Insider still needs improvment. I wish they had a section just for people's collection pictures.  And pictures and checklists of upcoming figures and exclusives.  Also they should have a schedule for upcoming books and comics.....dang now I am writing Insider a letter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 12:33:32 PM »
Here is your chance to read a portion of the magazine. Personally I think the price is a bit high for six issues a year, but it is a very interesting read if you like anything SW.

Free Digital Sampler Edition

They actually have quite a few things from this past magazine available for you to read. I hope they continue to do this.