Author Topic: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View  (Read 109229 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: ><DarthSinister>< Presents: A Different Point Of View
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
in all honesty the great customs, art, videos and fan-fic are the real headlines.

I couldn't have said that any better myself. I can't wait to see your next update.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:10 AM »
hey Darth;

Love your work!!!  I too love the classic's!!! These guy's look right at home in the Star Wars world!!!

Can't wait to see more!!!

Also I have you beat being an "Oldtimer" I was a month short of  13 when Star wars hit the big screen in 1977!!

Thats right kiddies I remember Han shooting 1st!!!

Rich

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 01:29:41 PM »
Darknsour
hey Darth;

Love your work!!!  I too love the classic's!!! These guy's look right at home in the Star Wars world!!!

Can't wait to see more!!!

Also I have you beat being an "Oldtimer" I was a month short of  13 when Star wars hit the big screen in 1977!!

Thats right kiddies I remember Han shooting 1st!!!

Rich

Thanks Darknsour! Keep your eyes open for more very soon!

Oh, and it does look as if you've got me beat. I bow to thee oldman.  ;D

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
Thanks Darknsour! Keep your eyes open for more very soon!

Oh, and it does look as if you've got me beat. I bow to thee oldman. 

Yeah I think I'm the oldest one in the Yards!!!

There are some of you guy's that come close but I think I got everyone beat!!

I'll be 47 yrs old this June 28th.

And I still play with toys!!!  I tell my wife I'm 18 till I die!!! (thats cause when I was 18 it was the leagal age to drink in New York state).

Rich

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
Welcome aboard, DS!!  GREAT to see you made it over here and started posting!  (yeah, 0k, I'm kinda slow ;D )

(BTW - the Adama head is a GREAT fit on the SAGA Veers body.  Now I just need to paint it up proper and post it.  Like I said, I'm kinda slow.  And the Ironside head looks terrific on both the Clone in Training Fatigues and the Crimson Empire trainee bodies.  Again, with the painting...  ;D )

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »
Doc Outlands
Welcome aboard, DS!!  GREAT to see you made it over here and started posting!  (yeah, 0k, I'm kinda slow Grin )

(BTW - the Adama head is a GREAT fit on the SAGA Veers body.  Now I just need to paint it up proper and post it.  Like I said, I'm kinda slow.  And the Ironside head looks terrific on both the Clone in Training Fatigues and the Crimson Empire trainee bodies.  Again, with the painting...  Grin )

Thanks buddy!

I was wondering if you ever did anything with those heads. You and MichaelJa were the first ones to get anything I did. I can't wait to start physically customizing again. One of these days....

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »
Hi, welcome to the Yards!
I so love the old horror/monster movies and your idea of putting this iconic villains into the SW realms as Sith is fantastic! great renderings, hope to see more soon :)
Cheers, Art

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 03:23:21 PM »
Hi DS  ive seen your stuff over on RS   ,
Welcome to the yards!   we look forward to seeing your creations..

bring it on!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
Hey, those heads are a *treasure*!  I'm moving carefully with them to be sure I get them RIGHT!  I have to say, I keep looking at the Imperial Commander Adama and am *really* liking it, so I think that head has found a home.  Now - to paint...

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »
Hey Thanks Art!

That means a lot coming from someone who does the fine work you do! You've got some great works on your thread. I've never been able to paint. I would love to learn one day. That Yoda is tops!

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »
HiYa Wraith9!
The whole gangs here!

Thanks man. Hope you enjoy the newest ones.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »
Doc I can't wait to see those customs! I move pretty slow myself. I told my wife one day I'd like to just come in, sit down and watch TV like a normal person.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
Okay I’m here for an update. Sorry it took so long. These things take a while to create and I’ve got limited time.

I’m starting a new presentation for these next ones. I’m doing a couple of faux comic covers for fun. I thought it would be fun to imagine the great story behind that cover. It would be great if I had the time to sit here and flesh them out. We did a tribute to Classic Hollywood Monsters the last time so now it’s time for my very favorite genera… the Western.

I’m one of those guys that can’t get enough classic Westerns. John Wayne being my favorite! Nothing compares to him or his films, to me. And as hard as it may sound to incorporate the Duke into the Star Wars universe, I think I successfully pulled it off here. To me there is only one character that Big John Wayne could have played in Star Wars…  see below for the details…

“FOR A FEW CREDITS MORE”

In this tale, two Bounty Hunters meet up in Mos Eisley and butt heads after they find out they’re after the same bounty. They soon find that the best way to catch their prey is to team up and infiltrate the fugitive’s murderous gang. One Bounty Hunter, however, has a secret vendetta that could cloud his judgment and blow their cover!

This is “FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE” meets STAR WARS. Here I’m showing the two Bounty Hunters, Col. Mortimer is Lee Van Cleef and Manco is Clint Eastwood. I also give a nod to Bounty Hunter Cad Bane through Col. Mortimer, who’s outfit resembles Bane’s.

“FAMILY REUNION”

When a band of outlaws kidnap the son of Dev Solo he looks to family for help. His father, Cord Solo, returns with his crew and together devises a plan to rescue the boy under a guise of a ransom payment. It takes the men all the way across the Galaxy where Cord is forced to make peace with estranged son Han in order to save his Grandson.

This one features Big John Wayne and his real son Patrick Wayne with a nod to the Wayne movie “BIG JAKE”. I used the name Dev for Pat Wayne’s character as a homage to Devlin Warren, the character he played in McLintock. For the big guy I used the name Cord after Col. Cord McNally from the movie “RIO LOBO”.

I know popular EU says that Han was an orphan, but I just don’t see him as “Oliver Twist”. I like to create my own EU, so to speak, and I think Han was more the rebellious type who wouldn’t listen to dear old Dad or comply with his rules. This eventually put him out on the street to fend for himself.  I can see Han’s first meeting with his Father after numerous years away, “disgracing the family name” according to Cord Solo.  Han sarcastically calling Cord “Daddy” and Cord eventually tiring of the poke and popping him in the mouth.
I think in the end they come to a mutual respect. Especially when Cord see’s that his son Han has taken up with a Princess and a young Jedi and joined the Rebellion to fight the Empire.

“THE HUNTER”

This one is a remake of the old Marvel cover from their run with STAR WARS. I’d like to dedicate this to my friend BanthaRawk  over at RS. He’s got a super Valance custom over there on the boards.

Of course I used the face of Lee Marvin as Valance. He was the inspiration behind that character along with the name after Marvin’s character of Liberty Valance in the movie “THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE”.  I’ve also included two of Valance’s popular henchmen up front, Dafi and Fud.

As some of you know I’m a MARVEL STAR WARS nut. I love these comics because number one they’re a fond memory of my childhood. But also, I really liked them. I think I see them differently than a lot of people. When I say see I mean upon reading them I see them in my mind’s eye as something much more grandiose. As a matter of fact this cover re-boot is a good example of that vision. Look for a lot more in the way of MARVEL covers in the future.

Hope I've got some fellow Western fan out there!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
welcome to the yards DS
I love your Horror and Western graphics
Clint Eastwood next to a Dewback is possibly the coolest thing I have ever seen
I hope to see more soon

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:48 PM »
well, I am not into Western - though I watched them as kid a lot! - but I very much like your ideas and your cool works, like Fiala said Clint and the Dewback rock!