Author Topic: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!  (Read 61610 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
Tomorrow we go live again at around 6pm Eastern Time (well more like 6:15pm), but we are going to be talking about the state of collecting with some awesome guests. If we can work it out (seems good) Paul Harrison from Jeditemplearchives will be joining us and I hope Wraithnine and Darth Daddy. Chad was working on some other angles, but we will definitely have the bases covered.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2012, 07:28:13 PM »
I hope to pop in Thursday for the sad state of collecting.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2012, 04:11:46 AM »
I hope to pop in Thursday for the sad state of collecting.

I am so hoping its not just a major downer for all of us, but can't for the life of me figure out how its not!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
My questions:

Do you guys think store employees are selling stuff to scalpers before it's hitting the shelves?

Is there a wherehouse somewhere full of action figures just collecting dust?

Does Hasbro not realize how popular some of their figures are?

Do you think Hasbro looks at Ebay to see how popular some of their figures are or how rare they are? If so, why in the hell don't they up the production of those figures!!?? (sorry, I'm fustrated too)

What do you guys think of everyone banding together to get a company like Neca or McFarland Toys to make 6" or 7" scale SW figures? Obviously it would be at the end of Hasbro's contract and we would have to petition George Lucas.

I also just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. If figures don't get progressively better, instead of worse like I'm seeing now, I will not buy figues any more. COLLECTORS WANT FILM ACCURACY AND ARTICULATION!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME HASBRO!!!????
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:55:38 AM by CloneSniper78 »

Spookymufu

« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »
My questions:

Do you guys think store employees are selling stuff to scalpers before it's hitting the shelves?

possibly but I doubt it happens very often

Is there a wherehouse somewhere full of action figures just collecting dust?

yes, full of TPM figures

Does Hasbro not realize how popular some of their figures are?

probably but they dont seem to let it effect their case assortments

Do you think Hasbro looks at Ebay to see how popular some of their figures are or how rare they are? If so, why in the hell don't they up the production of those figures!!?? (sorry, I'm fustrated too)

nope

What do you guys think of everyone banding together to get a company like Neca or McFarland Toys to make 6" or 7" scale SW figures? Obviously it would be at the end of Hasbro's contract and we would have to petition George Lucas.

I doubt they would want to pay for that licence, also, I imagine Hasbro has the renewal all locked up

I also just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. If figures don't get progressively better, instead of worse like I'm seeing now, I will not buy figues any more. COLLECTORS WANT FILM ACCURACY AND ARTICULATION!!! CAN YOU HEAR ME HASBRO!!!????

I think the new figures are superbly better then any in the past, some are a little wonky but on the whole, the newest sculpts are superior

I know you meant this fopr the podcast but I couldnt help throwing in my opinions
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:40:58 AM by Spookymufu »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
Thanks for your input Spooky. In reference to my comment about articulation and film accuracy I am mostly talking about the new Boba Fett sculpt in the Bespin Battle Pack. They finally give us a better looking Boba, but his articulation is from the 1990's at best. I am happy with the VC line, but some of the figures are just impossible to find in stores. I'm still shocked that they decided to kill the CW line by having less articulation. I'm definitely not going to buy any more CW stuff. I am overall happy with the Joe line. Hasbro is trying to ruin that too with some of the figures having less articulation. But some of the figures have extra articulation so I guess it's a give and take thing right now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
LOL Spooky. I think we were supposed to talk about those, but I can sure understand everyone wanting to weigh in. I think everyone has pretty strong opinions about this subject if you collect in any capacity.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2012, 03:59:15 PM »
Sorry folks, the live feature was just causing us too many issues tonight. We will have this up for your listening pleasure as of tonight.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Wow, what an interesting talk. Stay tuned, it will be featured tonight or no later than tomorrow. Hats off to Spry for letting me draft him into said discussion.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2012, 04:49:22 AM »
Front page is going to have the podcast play audio in just a minute. The live went screwy on us, but I think I have a fix. We won't know till be go live again!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #295 on: July 05, 2012, 07:08:14 AM »
We are getting ready to do an unscheduled interview tonight as it just worked out for us all! Do any of you know a person who goes by the name Tankster Innovations on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tankster-Innovations/134262863348152

http://tankstercustoms.blogspot.com/

Feel free to put some questions up here if you want to know more.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 07:16:41 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: July 05, 2012, 04:58:17 PM »
Well folks, my microphone on the live feed decided to take a nose dive this evening. I do apologize for the lack of the live feature going down flaming again. Still, it was a great interview and we will get it to you shortly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2012, 05:28:32 AM »
Audio is on the front page and the download link is on the CAFN Page:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/cafnpage.html

I aim to fix that daggone live stuff once and for all too folks. I am opening my X-Foils to attack position!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #298 on: July 09, 2012, 07:13:39 AM »

We will be interviewing a great customizer known as Sillof this week. He is well known for taking our favorite SW Characters and putting them into alternate universes like this Midieval Boba Fett:

He also has a website where he keeps us updated on his latest and completed works:

http://www.sillof.com/

He is also hinting at some other great news he will be sharing during the interview. I am also happy to report that last Friday evening Chad and I knocked the dust off our live feed issues so we anticipate NO PROBLEMS WITH THE LIVE FEED this time out. Once again we go live around 6:15PM Eastern. If you have any questions pop them on in here.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
That was a great interview with Tankster! Hey even if the live feed didn't work it was worth it hearing it the naxt day, that is for sure. He is such a great, yet twisted, artist! I love his insane mash ups of robots and creatures.

This next one is going to be another great one. LOL, I know, I say that every time! Jamie is such a tallented artist and he is a great person in general. He has his own "Niche" in our customizing world. I am wondering what inspires him to put out these themed lines of customs? They are very unique and always perfectly matched to the the style he is reimagining them in. I would also like to know what are some of his favorite lines to use for fodder for his larger customs? Most of his stuff is 6 inch scale and up, I believe.