Author Topic: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!  (Read 61591 times)

Spookymufu

Re: Lucasclones and Tamer start Podcasting!
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:28 PM »
Had a great time guys, hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2012, 05:17:44 AM »
Had a great time guys, hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did

I really appreciate you sharing the products you used to get the perfect snow and ice and lighting effects. I really wanted to hear how you made the icycles too, but that means we will just have to have you back on. Barry's take on larger builds was so great too and that explosion effect he described was priceless as well. Thank you both.

Wardog and JTrooper sorry we couldn't get it worked out. We will have to try another podcast later.

I will be putting the roundtable at the top of the news stories for today and then put up the special interview I was able to do with Frank Diorio after that. We would also like to thank Frank for making a special appearance at our diorama podcast. Trust me, its worth listening to the special interview just to hear him talk about new and improved moisture vaporators. He has a trick he is gonna share with us all soon and it doesn't involve buying all those awful Lukes just to get the vap.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2012, 08:37:12 AM »
Man i'm annoyed i missed it.  I was actually talking to my wife on how i was looking forward to chatting with you guys and swapping tips and all the jazz and i freaking bummed how i couldn't actually make it to get on  :'(....i even figured out how to work the podcast thing, got it all sorted too.  DAMN IT.

I'm not pleased with myself that's for sure.  ANYWAY....i has a listen to what was said and i must ay it was an awesome chat.   
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2012, 11:36:58 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it Wardog. We would have loved to have had your input on the Tatooine things that were talked about, but it will just give us another excuse to do a Diorama Roundtable.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:42 PM »
All of the download links are on the CAFN Page:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/cafnpage.html

Spookymufu

« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »
All of the download links are on the CAFN Page:

Tamer, how would I get the un-edited version of the pod cast, I wasnt able to listen to it yesterday (yeah I'm a little narcissistic) :)

Also, the DL link for mine and Barrys podcast isnt working
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:29:18 PM by Spookymufu »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
The unedited version can be listened to here Spooky:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23152100

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #277 on: June 11, 2012, 06:06:56 AM »
Folks, I want to apologize for perhaps not making the download instructions very clear. I aim to do a new Tube Video once I get home about how to do this but here are some written instructions to download the podcasts on your own personal device (phone, mp3 player, etc.)

1. Go the http://www.imperialshipyards.net/cafnpage.html

2. Right click the download here link for the podcast you are wanting.

3. Select the save target as feature and then find the device on your computer you want to save too (for me I save to a micro SD Card that I then can plug into my phone).

4. Hit the save button and a window should pop up showing you how much of a percentage has downloaded until its 100% complete.

It must not take up too much room because I have all of our previous casts on the Micro SD Card and I would assume you can save these to cds or wherever.

Please also remember that you can find these for yoru IPOD Devices and things like this through ITunes and its free. Our podcasts can be found here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/custom-action-figure-news/id460818714

Once again, dummy me just thought all of this would be readily available, but keep forgetting that when I first started on this computer and internet journey it took me forever to even learn how to post a picture so I am sorry about that folks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2012, 12:27:10 PM »
I also wanted to let folks know that we will be podcasting again this week this time with Michael Norman who is the creator of the Blanx Line of Action Figures.

http://www.gonativetoys.com/

is where you can find a link to his site that describes them.

He is also a brilliant customizer who has worked for the likes of Gentle Giant, Diamond Select, Disney, etc.

which can be found at http://www.mnorman818.com/

Now I am on vacation for the next couple of weeks so I am gonna be trying out a neat new toy called a hot spot that my friend is loaning me so I hope it will work on skype and not give us any tech issues. Please note we will not be going live for the next couple of weeks while I am on said vacation. It will be a fun interview anyhow and I am looking forward to it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
Well we didn't get to talk with Michael Norman last night ( hopefully that will happen tonight though), but we didn't let that time go to waste. It was sure interesting to hear Chad review the new guns (series 6) for Marauder Gun-Runners and I talked about everything new on the customizing front that I knew of too including some rumors about some new toys. It was fun to just talk in general and stay tuned as we talk to the creator of the Blanx line of Action Figures.

The download button will be able to be found here shortly:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2012, 04:22:31 PM »
Well, this week we are gearing up to podcast again this time it will be another roundtable with the topic: The State of Collecting.

Needless to say it is gonna be one interesting podcast and Chad and I would love to get some perspective on what you are finding in your stores around the US, Europe, Asia, heck everywhere you are. If you are interested in podcasting and talking about the state of affairs with Hasbro right now give Chad (Lucasclones) or Shawn (Tamer) a pm or email.

We are also hoping to have a special guest in the form of Paul Harrison from Jedi Temple Archives who has been in this racket (I mean hobby) for as long as anyone and is just an encyclopedia when it comes to our favorite toy company. Was that too much sarcasm?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2012, 10:00:17 PM »
if i can find another headset and mic i might be up for it guys
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2012, 04:36:07 AM »
if i can find another headset and mic i might be up for it guys

Cool deal Jay. Was hoping to get you back on for this. I know you have your well thought out opinions on the matter too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
Well Chad and I finally nailed down some time to do a schedule and we have set dates from now till the end of the year! It is an amazing list if it all works out.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2012, 12:39:27 PM »
That's great, Tamer! Looking forward to them!