Author Topic: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest  (Read 33670 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
February No Paint Kit Bash Contest
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:09:55 AM »
Hello Shipyarders! It is time to rally the troops and challenge your creativity. Announcing the no paint kit bash custom contest. It starts Feb 14,2011 and runs through Feb 28, 2011.

Open to any member of the shipyards, make as many figures as you want. Also open to any toy line, this does not have to be a Star Wars figure, it can be anything. The idea is to get us thinking about what parts look good together without painting anything. You are allowed to add greblies, bits, strapping or other "do-dads" as you wish.  Submit pics at any time during the contest in this thread. I encourage you to explain what you have done and list all parts used and mention what mods you made if any.

What are you competing/challenging your creativity for? Parts lot from Clonehead seen below.

Rather than going with a vote a panel of judges will decide the winner/most creative use of parts and greeblies or bits. The winner will be announced at the end of the contest and Clonehead will mail out your parts. Good luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:34:45 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:30 AM »
I am going to kick this off with a few I have done in the past and one new one I did just for this contest. I am not eligible for the prize but will participate in the fun.

Up first are 2 Rebel Base Guards made from Major Panno torso and arms, Clone trooper hands, Honor Guard legs and feet, random heads from the fodder bin and Honor guard helmets. There is also a sniper made from Snake Eyes body, Rip Cord head and the Endor Trooper helmet with a wrestlers knee pad as a face mask.

Next up is my AT-ST Support Trooper

He is made from a Scanning Crew body, Endor Trooper head, AT-ST helmet, GI Joe strapping/holster and a greeblie on there I got from Jay.

This is a figure I made just yesterday for this event. He is know as a local mystic traveler. Many wonder if he is a Jedi that escaped order 66.

He is made from a Belloch torso, arms and lower skirt(trimmed down), POTC head, Comic Pack (can't remember his name) legs, Embo hat and cowl.
I have seen several figures similar to this one and loved them. I just had to have one of my own with different parts but the same look. Inspiration came from Jack of Trades and Darth Daddy in particular.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:40:09 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:35:56 AM »
So absolutely NO painting whatsoever?  Interesting idea... I might just have to get in on this one as well.  Wonder what I could throw together?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
What a great idea. It is now featured on the front page. Way to go Mr. Sprywalker! Hmm...maybe even I could boil and pop?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 02:57:46 PM »
Thanks for FPing this while I was gone Shawn. If you look in the staff section I personaly challenged you to get in on this. So let me say it here... Shawn, I am challenging you to get in on this.

Yes Spud, make whatever you want but no paint what so ever.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 03:50:24 PM »
!!!!!
 :o  :o
!!!!!

bloody BRILLIANT!!!!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »
Thanks Doc. I was looking for something anyone can do and make sure no one could say they didn't have time. All of mine were done in 30 minutes or less.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
I think they are liking it, LE. I will have to throw an example together.time for a trip to the fodder bin.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
And the fact that I need to be cleaning/organizing the trailer where most of my figures are (making room to store stuff for the oldest and her hubby while they get a place found) means I'll be SURROUNDED by inspiration! (and styrofoam, but that's another story...)

Brendan is excited.  He'll be entering, I'm sure.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Heck yea!! I am in!

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 06:26:28 PM »
SWEET, I love simple customs like these, LE's examples alone show how awesome these can be. We just post them here as we finish them?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »
yep, Joe, post em right here as you come up with em.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »
Ah yes, it does look like everyone likes this one so far.

Joe, yes, crank out as many as you want/need and post the pic here in this thread. Pure fun and simplicity is what this one is all about.

Lucasclones, glad to hear it!

Doc, I am very excited that Brendan is entering. I plan to dump some fodder in the floor, let Jaxon rumage through whatever is there and come up with one of his own as well. With some adult supervision with that boil and pop part.

Clint, I know, I am stoked! Can't wait to see what you come up with. While in that conference today I had a great NPKB idea for the tease the Tamer game. More on that soon...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
Tease the Tamer more?! Clint has me about half pickled as it is and I just got in his latest custom for me. Daggone you customs guys are good. I will admit I did a bit of thinking today. Hmm.....

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
You can do it!!  You can do it!!