Author Topic: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest  (Read 34259 times)

Offline darknsour

• Captain
Re: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
OK here we go!!

This is someone I was working with right before you started this contest.

I'm going to try and name all the parts!!

Clone pilot head
Cad Bane breathing thing
clone scout upper torso
G I Joe lower torse and legs to the knee
from the knee down G I Joe; Movie figure (the Jamie Foxx Figure)

I'm still looking foe a good gun for him!!

Hope this fits the contest rules!!

Thanks
Rich

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 05:47:07 PM »
Oh man that Samuari Yoda is awesome Tom! I really like that idea and parts use.

Rich, that counts in every way! A wild and challenging mix of parts useing Joe and SW and CW on that piot.

Great job everyone so far and I am glad this one is getting everyone fired up! I got a few minutes in on my "Tamer Teaser" side contest Clint and I have going on. Was thinking about posting an upper torso shot as the mods on that are done...Sn...cough, cough, Tr...cough, cough, C...cough , cough...

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
Alright that other Yoda was just for fun. This is the Yoda I've been wanting to do for a long time now, and this competition got me off my lazy butt and finished it. I present to you the " Better Yoda " !
I used a CW Yoda body and lightsaber, VOTC Yoda robes and belts, and a POTF flashback Yoda for the head. I can't remember which Yoda the snake came with.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:25 PM »
Another awesome Yoda custom Tom! I really, really like this super articulated version! That first picture is just perfect. Great job on setting up a scene for each pic.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:36:47 PM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 06:34:50 PM »
Nice clonesniper, id love to see you go back and match the hands and feet with a paint app after to comp. Would top it off

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
Another awesome Yoda custom Tom! I really, really like this super articulated version! That first picture is just perfect. Great job on setting up a scene for each pic.
Nice clonesniper, id love to see you go back and match the hands and feet with a paint app after to comp. Would top it off
Thanks Spry! Just trying to bring the figures to life.

Thanks Rusty! I'll probably give it a go after this comp.

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
Sweet cant wait, I think its an awesome idea, just spit balling I dont truley know how its put together but what are the hamds and feet like on the concept art yoda, would get rid of the paint aspect and might be better scale then the characature clonewars ones.

Just a thought :)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:58 PM »
The only other Yoda hands I have are tiny. I can make some custom hands out of the POTF flashback Yoda. Then they will match his head, but his neck and feet will still be off. I might just try to paint the existing parts to match the head.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »
Guys, I was wondering if this would come up durring the contest. The last day of this contest I was going to invite anyone who wanted to to paint whatever parts they wanted to and resubmit them in this thread. Way to go guys! So feel free to get in on that action in less than 2 weeks.

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 08:27:45 PM »
So we can repaint them but thats not what gets voted on right? Its still the original unpainted figures..

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
Look! It's Chuck Norris from" Missing in Action"! Being a Jarhead myself I really love this custom eventhough it's just a headswap. Semper Fi.

Outback head
Gungho body

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »

rich,
Having done several of these style bashes I know what went into doing this... I only have one criticism, the lower joe torso you used is too long for the figure to look proportioned.  He looks fine standing by himself but as soon as you put him next to another figure it's going to look kinda off.  Also with the longer torso and legs it makes the figure much taller than most SW (and even joe) Figures.... this makes it dificult to find vehicles that he will fit into!  I used a similar sized torso to build a super arty tie pilot and with the helmet and everything he just BARELY fit into the cockpit of the tie, and would not fit into anything else....  same problems with my at-at drivers, they can't stand up in the cockpit of even the new BIG-at-at...

anyway... there are some figures that I think you should look for to try and swap the lower body out with, you can just switch the legs to the new torsos.
the shortest and probably best lower joe torso to use for star wars figures is the B.A.T. figure's (same one I used on my mando for the contest).
but the BAT torso doesn't line up well with the scout trooper's parts.   The best figure's I've found for the scout trooper chest/upper half is the Resolute Cobra Viper.  the torso on that figure fits almost PERFECT with the scout trooper chest... or there is one version of commander Flint from the POC line that has a nice lower torso as well.

unless you've glued in the peg joint from the lower torso into the scout trooper's upper or if you've glued the chest halves back together it should be pretty easy to swap out the torsos to a shorter one if you find one that works better.

Like I said, on his own he looks great and the kit-bash is realy well done... its just that he's going to be problematic if you take it further and eventually get him into a vehicle.  of course... this might not be an issue so he's fine as he is! (i'm talking in circles, it's time for bed...)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »
I picked up the swinging Luke last week and replaced his soft goods with plastic goods.

Up next, completed pics of my Tamer teaser.

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
Whats a tamer teaser?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »
Tamer teaser - anything ESB related that you can dangle infront of him like a carrot. AT-AT, their drivers and Snow Troopers are at the top of the list.