Author Topic: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest  (Read 34268 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: February No Paint Kit Bash Contest
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »
Whoa, the customs are still rolling in! Doc, all are great head swaps! I really like the female in the EU knight outfit. Rich, great customs from you as well.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
Those re really cool!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
I didn't think I'd have a chance to submit a custom action figure to the contest, but yesterday inspiration struck. For my submission, I'm entering two fan fiction custom action figures of Darth Vader Clones. These two action figures are works in progress, but I like them enough to put them into the contest since at the moment they remain unpainted.

BACKSTORY

Palpatine being the opportunist that he is, saw an opportunity to clone Anakin Skywalker when he was injured on Mustafar. Hoping that the power of the Chosen One was hidden somewhere in his DNA, Palpatine saw his chance to clone Skywalker as one not to be missed. Knowing that Skywalker's injury would prevent Vader from ever reaching his full potential as a Sith, Palpatine hoped that one day one of these clones would replace Lord Vader at his side as his new Sith apprentice once their training was complete. Due to several complications in the cloning process, only one clone was known to successfully complete the cloning process and be trained by Palpatine. The clone that was trained later destroyed the facility where Vader was being replicated knowing it would be his best chance for domination and survival, but not before he took a clone for himself to train as an apprentice. Ironically, the destruction of the cloning facility did not go as planned and both clones took heavy injuries in their escape. Both of their lungs were completely damaged and they, like Vader were forced to breath with the assistance of filtered air. Unlike Vader, they still had their limbs and thus had the ability to use Force lightening. When PAlpatine and Darth Vader were killed over the moon of Endor, these clones survived in exile waiting to unleash the power of the Darkside once more.

VADER'S CLONES

The older clone is made from a Legacy Vader and a G.I. Joe Rex "The Doctor" Lewis.

I had to sand off the Cobra symbol to stay within the contest rules.

The apprentice will later be painted in shades of black for a uniform color and more detail will be added with Apoxie Sculpt. Dad held back adding the Apoxie Sculpt so he could stay within the no painting rules of the contest.

The apprentice is made from a Prince of Persia action figure, a Vintage Vader, two Chewbacca's, an Indian Jones action figure and accessory, a Magnaguard droid, and a belt from a Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow action figure.

Head to the blog for enhanced images with the ability to zoom...

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/02/dads-kit-bash-figure-contest-submission.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:46:31 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:25 AM »
Impressive!  Very nice use of parts in both those - can't wait to see the big guy finished out and 'blended' together.

(look, a post by me without a custom in it! ;D )

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2011, 10:11:58 AM »
Wow, those are definitely creative!  Nice work.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »
YES,YES,YES! This is very inspiring double D! Way to think out the box on both of these. It looks like 2 Chewie torsos for shoulder pads, is that right? Even in his mismatched state the second one looks awesome! Very nice! Me likey! The back story is the Iceing! Very well done and thanks for making time for our contest!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:49:47 PM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2011, 10:35:29 AM »
Nice backstory. That good doctor figure just kind of screams Vader, doesn't it?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2011, 04:12:04 PM »
Wow Doc, that Sniper team is rocking, especially the gal.

DD I am liking those two clone Vaders too. Great backstory.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
It looks like 2 Chewie torsos for shoulder pads, is that right?

That's exactly what I used :)  Glad you all liked the Vader clones.  I had I lot of fun with these two.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:40:04 PM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
I just put up a front page article trying to sum up my thoughts for the awesome entries I have seen in this contest. In my opinion all are winners and I just love the combinations you folks have come up with.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
You have summed this contest up very well Tamer. There is no doubt everyone here is a winner. We have been trying to narrow down the results since today is the last day and man is it tough. Everyone did great work, heck even the head swaps look very nice. We had 3 youngsters get in on this one all under 8 yrs old. I know that is a first! As Tamer said we also hit 13 pages of posts for this one so I am glad everyone was into this one. Thanks to everyone for there contributions!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
it was an awesome contest and every entry was superb   ,like LE said it was damn hard narrowing it down
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
We had 3 youngsters get in on this one all under 8 yrs old. I know that is a first!

That's an awesome achievement all in itself!

And don't forget - we got a diehard COLLECTOR to actually OPEN HIS TOYS!  And he even MODIFIED THEM!

Yeah, I'm done with my entries... I thought I *might* get another one in tonight, but ... naaah.  I couldn't find all the parts I know I have somewhere.  So I'm calling it good.  ;D

Alanna was kinda disappointed that she didn't manage to find her "fig'ers" in time to modify them and enter.  I told her we'd take pics and post them once she did find them all.  hehe

Loads of fun!

Offline Rustyscustoms

• RustysCustoms
  • Commander
  • and im like forget you
    • RustysCustoms
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »
PLEASE TELL ME I MADE IT IN TIME LOL

so its time to post a new custom, and this is a guy ive been wanting to do for a very very long time. im also entering him in the NPKB as he qualifys for the comp.

So without further chatter, here is my favourite character Quin Lan Vos as a Dark Jedi...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:47:29 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2011, 04:52:12 AM »
Yes Rusty, you made it with 3 minutes to spare. I did remove that last photo as none are allowed in this thread that have paint on them. Exelent custom and I really like him a lot! Well done everyone! Now just allow us some time to sort out the winner, as hard as that isgoig to be. Also if anyone wants to paint parts or all of their figure feel free to do so now.