Author Topic: Captain America movie 3 3/4" figures  (Read 8492 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Captain America movie 3 3/4" figures
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
Check out this image of Wave 2 of the CA Movie figures.  Each of these comes 2 to a case, except for Crossbones (who'll be the hard one to find I'm sure).  I'd love to find someone to split a case of these with me, I think these look amazing!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Captain America movie 3 3/4" figures
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 10:12:22 AM »
I like the ww2 era cap best out of this lot. Pat, I thought that Captain America was to be a 2012 movie. With these figures being shown now does that mean that it is being pushed up to a 2011 release?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Captain America and Thor are due out this summer, and I believe the new Avengers movie is due out in 2012.  I tell ya what though, I'll be hard on the lookout for these as soon as they start hitting shelves!  I think the Thor figures are starting to show up already.

Captain America: The First Avenger is due out July 22nd, 2011

Thor is due out May 6th 2011

The Avengers due out May 4th 2012

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 08:48:51 AM »
I watched the better Hulk movie a few weeks ago after seeing Iron Man on TV again and keep seeing Downey showing up to get his team together. I can't wait to see Captain America and Thor. I saw movie previews during the superbowl for both. Is the figure on the upper right Captain Britain or just a version of Captain America I am not familair with? Cool figures nontheless. I like the black one in the middel because of the neat Eagle Shield.

Let me know if you need the crossbones guy as I can probably see these in my stores.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:05 AM »
Yes, that is Captain Brittain with USAgent next to him. I'm pretty excited for these!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »
Checking out Marvelousnews.com, Hasbro states that the Captain America figures will be on the shelves on May 1st, with the Movie hitting theaters on July 22.  I was hoping for a much earlier release!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »
At one point Hasbro said both cap and Thor were coming March 1st, but kind of glad they weren't since I had such a hard time getting the Thor's (money more than anything)

Still the later caps peeve me off cause they are straight repaints, apparently Hasbto thinks that is the way to get our attention, repaint a character to death.  I am hopeing for a red skull, but bet he will be like whiplash again. 

Iron Man can get away with the constant repaints, but thor and Cap don't really work with it. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 05:25:28 AM »
No, but it IS Hasbro, and they WILL try to do it anyway, because they don't target you or I, remember?  It's all for the children, who are apparently too dumb for their own good!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 09:36:36 PM »
Hasbro just uses children as excuses, especially when there has been no real market research with children and toys for many, many years by many accounts.  The research they do site is way outdated and was skewed when it was done. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 06:26:55 PM »
I snagged the CA Movie figures Captain Britain, USAgent, and the K-Mart Global Patriots pack tonight.  Getting ready to open them all up and put htem on display!

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 02:32:26 AM »
Awesome haul! 

i managed to get my hands on the movie cap, red skull and crossbones all of which are great figures.  I missed out on getting the WWII Cap but is what it is...  Maybe they'll restock the shelves someday.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 06:06:20 AM »
I was concerned that they would be hard to find, but my stores have been keeping them pretty well stocked.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 07:48:21 AM »
I'm seeing the same pattern as Thor, Iron Man, ect.  Breif one or two cases at first then bigger stock later, just hope these don't end up pegwarming.  I think it would spell trouble for the Avengers line to have the three stars pegwarming at the same time. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 09:41:48 AM »
Very true on that.  Or worse, they'll stop carrying them before the good ones come out, like Waves 3 and 4 for Thor so I can get Sif and the Warriors Three.  Hell, I was just reminded last night while browsing Ebay about a XMO: Wolverine 2-Pack I was dying to get that I never saw, with the Unmasked Wolverine and Shirtless Astonishing Colossus.  I want that Colossus bad, but can't afford the $60+ to buy him from the Bay.

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 11:04:54 AM »
For the longest time I didn't even know there were a waves 3 and 4 in Thor line.  I happened to find out about them on the net but never ever seen them on shelves.  I wanted Sif and the Warriors three too.  But despite all this, the pegs that are dedicated to the movie line figures at my local Wal-Mart still sell pretty well.  Never saw that 2 pack you were talking about Phatty, but I'll keep any eye out.  I'd like to have that unmasked wolvie but don't really need/want the colossus.