Author Topic: Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi  (Read 24871 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
Hi there guys Wraithnine here with another review from the Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Star Wars Range .

This time round its the turn of that crazy old man himself Ben (Obi Wan ) Kenobi

these figures have been on sale at my local PoundStretcher(reduced from £79.99 to £24.99) for a while now and i have been umming and arrring about getting Old Ben  but i popped in there today and there was only one left so i decided to bite  ,but when i got to the till it rang up at £12.99 !  result!

its another awesome piece ,
it comes in the 2009 blue and white packaging

and on the reverse it has a bio of Kenobi ,

and on one side of the box is an original artwork from comic book artist Dave Dorman,

the figure comes with a host of accessories ,including a stand(very similiar to the sideshow ones),lightsaber blade,an extra set of hands,lightsaber hilt and a trainng remote (as seen in the scenes on the Millenium Falcon)complete with stand .

a special mention must go to the training remote ,the sculpt on this piece is utterly exceptional ,and comes complete with its own stand ,

now my only gripe ,the lightsaber that is included is not the one from Episode IV ,but is the one from Episode III ,but thats not to detract from the fact that it is a superb sculpt ,because it is!

the blade is removable and fits snugly in place ,

the only problem with it being the EpIII lightsaber is that it is missing the belt loop which is a shame as they have gone to the trouble of crafting the belt complete with lightsaber hook and ring

the soft goods are astonishing ,removable and superb quality ,Obi Wan includes his robe,tunic and trousers and shirt ,the robe also has wire inserted
into the hood edge for ultimate soft goods posability,i cannot fault the soft goods included with these figures as they are just gobsmacking!
heres some images ..

the facial sculpt is a very very close likeness to Sir Alec Guiness

as for articulation this piece makes the Hasbro SA Mace Windu look like a statue ,here is the breakdown :
Ball Jointed Head,Shoulders,Elbows,Torso,Waist,Hips ,
and swivel Forearms,Thighs and Calves with Hinged Wrists ,Ankles and Double Hinged Knees
so as you see the articulation is not exactly lacking...
as with the Emperor,Old Ben comes with phrases which have been lifted directly from the movie and remastered for clarity (there is a switch on his side which unlocks all his phrases ,which are...

- "Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of
scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

- "You don't need to see his identification."

- "These are not the droids your looking for."

- "That's no moon! It's a space station."

- "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more
powerful than you can possibly imagine."

-" The Force will be with you...always."

to sum up this is a superb piece but the price elevates it to exceptional.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 03:14:35 PM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
Re: Diamond Select Ultimate Quarter Scale Ben (Obi Wan) Kenobi
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
that looks fantastic Jay!! and at that price that is one hell of a bargain!! you cant go wrong ....

awesome pick up mate he will look great next to Palps

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »
These sure do look nice, and your reviews really do them justice, Jay.  If I didn't already have most of these from Sideshow in the 12" scale, I might pick some of these up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
The detail and likeness is astonishing on this one. Great review, Jay!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
These sure do look nice, and your reviews really do them justice, Jay.  If I didn't already have most of these from Sideshow in the 12" scale, I might pick some of these up.

i have always wanted to add a couple of high end items to my collection  but Sideshows altho awesome were just waaay beyond my reach   ,but thanks to these price cuts i can now do that (just really wished i'd picked up those Hoth Han and Jedi Luke figures now ......bugger!)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »
Looks totally awsome Jay good pick up!!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 05:47:36 AM »
Jay that is an awesome find! Not to mention you got this awesome figure for the price of a hasbro figure! The sculpt on the face looks perfect! I would love to see the face weathered with pastells to really accent the wrinkles and bring out that awesome sculpt a bit more. The soft goods robes are mind blowing! This is a great figure and I would love to have one of these myself. Great review mate.

Offline Adam95173

• Cadet
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 05:19:41 AM »
Totally good....Love to have it....Awesome  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)