Author Topic: The Woods of West Virginia  (Read 53509 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
The Woods of West Virginia
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:11 AM »
Well nothing new. Story of my life lately. July is a coming though!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: The Woods of West Virginia
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:44:01 AM »
didnt pick any up, but I did see the mouse and basso comic two pack wave show up again in my walmarts. I am hoping to see the obi arc comic two pack as mine got kinda bent in my move from work to home a few weeks ago. Still, it was nice to see something new. I also saw the SW transformer walker again. Thinking about getting one for my little gal to play with if she were just a bit older. Guess I could buy it and just save it for her.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
my drought seems to be lifting. I found all the build a droid walmart two packs today along with the three new comic packs. That wookie and clone pack looks pretty sweet, not to mention that stormy with lando. The Dooku and Anakin was so so imo, but I am a completist and picked it up.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
The Tamer beat the old blood hound, great finds Bud!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »
The Tamer beat the old blood hound, great finds Bud!

I don't do that to often!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 11:05:27 AM »
still havent found anything since the build a droid two packs. Pat has found some new ships, but not poor little me. Man my pegs are decimated too. I sure don't see signs of new store displays or restocks either. :'(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 04:55:03 PM »
nothing new came home, but I did see two new things;

one, the Battle of Mygeeto BP and I did like the black droids, but it was creased so I passed. If I see it again maybe. Good lord knows I need to save my money.

two, I saw the new Clone Wars Galactic Heroes and noticed some of em had some cardback variations.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 06:58:00 AM »
nothing new yet. Man I am hoping my stores mess up and set this stuff out early.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
Well still no new stuff, but I did see a few new GI JOE items;

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:48:20 PM »
Dang, gonna have to find me one of them HISS tanks!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
Now those pics bring back some memories. I had the Vamp and the cycle when I was younger.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
my local walmart has opened up the pegs. They look like they are gonna have lots of room. It looked like there were two sections for Star Wars Starfighter. I am hoping this means bigger and then smaller ships. Guess we won't have to wait too much longer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »
Well here goes;

I walked into my closest walmart around 7am to find they didnt have anything out.  So I drove to my other somewhat local walmart and hit the jackpot. They everything except for the battlepacks and excluisve walmart 501. It is looking to me like target is the only store that actually has thier store exclusive figure available for purchase. Anyhow, I picked up 1st day of issue for the Clone Wars, Legacy Wave 1, and what I am calling Legacy Wave 3 except for the Gree which didnt seem to have a first day of issue sticker on the dozen or so I looked at.  I did see later at my local walmart they had set out the battlepacks and I almost bought the speeder bike recon, but it looked so much like the Neyo one last year I held off. I want to save my money for those evolutions and as the Hoth speeder bike one had one corner dinged up I was glad to know Chad already had found me one.  I really do like the new clone wars packaging of these battle packs though. I had the other Hoth bp in my hands for a bit too, but it sure didn't seem worth it to me, at least not next to the speeder bike recon and the hoth speeder patrol.  My closest walmart still hadn't set out the regular basic figures or new ships yet though. One toy stocker said she didnt think that would be till monday when the toy manager got off vacation. Just my luck the toy manager goes on vacation when the new toys are supposed to hit.  I also didnt see the exclusive Awing  yet.  I think the only thing I was disappointed in was the atte and the falcon, not the ships, but how the displays were set up. I think anyone who is a carded collector like me is gonna have one heck of a time if they really expect total momc. I picked through the entire display and got the best boxed version of each, but each of them has issues to a trained eye. If I see these later in better boxed shape I may just return these and pick up the better version, but they sure do look good even with a few box dings. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
Not too much to report today. I stopped into my closest walmart to get ice today and checked the SW aisle. They still havent set out anything new besides a couple of the new battlepacks. The new Hoth speeder recon was still there so I nabbed it and am gonna use it as an OPENER when I do my Hoth dio.  Yes I did say open it. I just don't think two figs and two speeder bikes is that bad of a deal for twenty smackers.

On another note I added a joker squad pack to an already placed order which was nice of EE so I didnt loose my place in the proverbial line. I also ordered two of the disturbance in the force packs as Chad talked me into it and it does look good packaged. I need to remember to put that hasbro link up for those who havent seen it yet.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 02:18:24 PM »
Tamer, better have the boss check your temp, you open something! LOL