Poll

Which of the following books/stories should remain a part of the Star Wars Canon?

Shadows of the Empire
5 (35.7%)
Crimson Empire 1, 2 & 3
0 (0%)
Kyle Katarn Trilogy
0 (0%)
Thrawn Trilogy
3 (21.4%)
All of them
6 (42.9%)
None of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Check it out!  (Read 78952 times)

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
Re: Mungo's Customs: Update - "Heth" - Bounty Hunter 9/21/12
« Reply #840 on: September 24, 2012, 05:09:28 PM »
@ GhostSkull - The boot on the other leg was molded by me. It didn't turn out EXACTLY how I wanted it too, but at a certain point, I just decided to go with it and paint it black.

wow! looks perfect to me!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #841 on: September 24, 2012, 06:44:51 PM »
All around a well done character!!  :)

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #842 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »
this is a very interesting character as well as the back story .  Its a thumbs up from me i like it

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #843 on: September 25, 2012, 04:38:17 AM »
Awesome backstory!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #844 on: February 12, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »
After all the news from the 2013 Toy Fair, I would have to say that I am truly bummed out. It looks as if we will not see anymore highly articulated figures in the Star Wars line (that is if I am interpreting the reports correctly). It also looks as if Hasbro is abandoning this Clone Wars line as well (again, if I have understood the reports accurately).  Why do this? The collectors and fans have been begging for years for high articulation, background and EU characters. What do they then give us in 2013. Characters they have made many times over with pitiful vintage style articulation. Maybe it is just me, but I can hardly see the logic behind this move. What have we the fans and collectors done to be overlooked and ignored?

I am sorry to vent like this to everyone, but if anyone has any words of encouragement, if I have misunderstood the reports, or just missed something totally, I would totally appreciate any comments or information.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: Mungo's Customs: Update - Down about upcoming SW toy line - 2/12/13
« Reply #845 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:59 AM »
There is a new poll up!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #846 on: February 12, 2013, 01:09:39 PM »
For the most part you are right, but the regular Black Line (3 and 3/4) is supposed to have more detail and more than 5 poa. For the most part those coming now are the ones we saw for the Legacy 2 line up, but supposedly 50 new figures in the following year if things improve from what I have gleaned in my travels. But yes, for the most part pretty depressing.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »
Tamer...Thanks for the encouraging words. I know I echo the thoughts of others when I say I may have to use more Joes for SW customs.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »
I hear you Mungo but after last year, I am used to it by now. Perhaps that was their strategy in the first place. Being new to doing sw customs using joes, I am actually excited as my collecting focus has changed it seems to joes and custom fodder and making customs is truly a wonderful thing. Think of all of the hard to find figures from last year. Nothing is more rare and special than something that you created yourself.

Offline DaBooma

• Ensign
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2013, 07:48:21 PM »
For the most part you are right, but the regular Black Line (3 and 3/4) is supposed to have more detail and more than 5 poa. For the most part those coming now are the ones we saw for the Legacy 2 line up, but supposedly 50 new figures in the following year if things improve from what I have gleaned in my travels. But yes, for the most part pretty depressing.

I feel your pain man.

I'm pretty disappointed by the news too. The only figure i'm hyped about is Mara Jade.  I'm more or less shocked they didn't showcase any Clone Wars stuff.

I've been shifting my collecting and customizing to GI Joe...I never thought i would ever say that. But it seems Star Wars is dying a slow death with me, and GI Joe is quickly filling that void.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #850 on: February 17, 2013, 01:28:02 PM »
What's sad is that in 2015 when EVII is released, Hasbro will want to release all these new figures and will just assume we will be willing to buy the something THEY choose. I never try to advocate a boycott, but I hope this is the worst year ever for Hasbro's sales in SW toys. Maybe if they are hit in the pocket book, they will take a long hard look at the product they sell and what can be done to make it better.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #851 on: February 18, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »
I know completists will buy em, but if they only offer 5 poa and look substandard I won't be getting a one myself.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #852 on: February 19, 2013, 03:38:25 PM »
What's sad is that in 2015 when EVII is released, Hasbro will want to release all these new figures and will just assume we will be willing to buy the something THEY choose. I never try to advocate a boycott, but I hope this is the worst year ever for Hasbro's sales in SW toys. Maybe if they are hit in the pocket book, they will take a long hard look at the product they sell and what can be done to make it better.

I totally agree with you wanting to hit Hasbro where it hurts to send a message, but I also think that if they saw a reduction in purchases, we'd just simply get LESS of what they're already going to try to force-feed us: 5 POA crap

Please don't take this is a comment on your views (at all); this is just how I feel toward Hasbro right now.   :(

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #853 on: February 19, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »
No worries JM. I understand completely.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #854 on: March 07, 2013, 08:15:11 AM »
There's a new poll up!

I looks like the most popular answer to the last poll - From which of the following SW story lines would you most like to see accurate and highly articulated 3.75" figures made? - was the The Old Republic.