Author Topic: Happy 4th Birthday ISY!  (Read 26232 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Happy 4th Birthday ISY!
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:48:42 PM »
That's right everyone, today, Imperialshipyards.net has turned the ripe old age of THREE!  Hard to believe that a mere three years ago, a couple of guys with an idea and zero know-how decided to take the leap and create a fan site with one idea in mind: To enjoy the hobby together as one!  Well now here we are, slightly more mature, but still playing with toys!  SO what does this mean for our fantastic membership?  Well, what better way to celebrate a birthday than wishing us a Happy Birthday?  That's right folks, I'm talking about a special contest where YOU wish US a Happy Birthday!  Here are the details...

This contest is open from today, September 23rd until 8pm CST on October 7th.  Using customs figures and vehicles you have ALREADY MADE (no new customs of any kind), and the outdoor elements of your home and neighborhood, create a fitting tribute to ISY in a single photo.  Photoshop can be used to add in lettering and special effects such as blaster bolts or lightsabers, but nothing else.  Put together your outdoor dio and take a picture and post it here, as well as send it to staff@imperialshipyards.net.  Even better yet, our fabulous and hard working staff are absolutely permitted to join in on the fun this year.  Only the Admin, Wayne, Shawn, and I, will remain neutral to the contest.  To make it even more of a surprise, all entrants will have their name placed in a hat, and I will draw a name for each prize we have available!  Prizes include...

ACME Character Keys
Hasbro Products, both carded figures and boxed items
A Gentle Giant Deathtrooper mini-bust (released in October, will be shipped to the winner as soon as I have it in my hands)
Sideshow Exclusive Emperor Palpatine 12" figure, courtesy of Sideshow Collectibles.

All prizes will be chosen at random by me, all prize decisions are final.  So get cracking, one and all, and get those outdoor pictures/dioramas going!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:34:39 AM by Phatty »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: YIP-YIP-YIPPEEE!! ISY HAS TURNED THREE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
Happy birthday ISY and thanks to you guys for making this site. I have been here for just over a year and I love it! Cheers to may more!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 04:35:23 AM »
Happy birthday to us!
That is a cool idea for a contest, Pat.
I know just what  I'm going to do.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
Best Wishes to all, glad to see the site has remained and endured the test of time....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Offline Graeber

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:33:09 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND CONGRADULATIONS. I REALLY ENJOY AND I AM INSPIRED BY ALL OF YOU.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »
happy b-day ISY
the best SW site ever

a birthday contest is a great idea

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
Can we only use custom figures or can we mix in some stock figures?  Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:52:06 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 03:11:08 PM »
Sure, you can mix in stock as well

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
Happy B-day ISY, I'm very happy i found this place......and other old kids like myself   DH DH DH DH
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:50:03 AM by von reinhardt »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
gosh its that time already?      well its a big happy birthday ISY   from good ol'  blighty
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline willywonkaMusic13

• Black Hounds
  • Cadet
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
ha zah
We are here to execute, not to order.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
Happy Birthday! Wow, look how you've blossomed into a young woman.
As you may have suspected, you are, hands down, the best Star Wars site on the web. Truly a blessing to fans all over the globe. A place where friends can gather and share a common interest, and feel at home, perhaps gathering around to discuss issues or ideas or to just shoot the breeze.
A wonderful site was born three years ago, and that site's name is Imperial Shipyards.net. Can I get a "Hell Yeah!?"
Kick ass site, guys. Any time any of you are down my way, holler at me, and I'll give each and every one of you an hour with my sister, Lurlene...No charge. That's right, on the house. No freaky stuff, though....Naw, I'm just kidding. She likes the freaky stuff.
Anyway, love you guys and love the site. I look forward to seeing this site at the forefront of Star Wars fandom.
On a side note, please don't send me any gifts as I am thankful enough just to see your site, and that's a gift that keeps on giving.

Happy 3rd!

r1bb1t

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »
wow, I had no I idea of how long you guys have been here. I joined a little over a year ago ( I think )  and have had the utmost respect  for everyone here. For my self and my 2 clones, we have  enjoyed every part of the SHIPYARDS and are here  almost daily. As one of the other member stated, star wars toys has been like plastic crack, LOL. I come here to get my fix on a daily base.

With all our love and respect and the force within us, we wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.............

$ Clone Commander Buy and his two little clones.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:32:18 PM by CloneCommander Buy »

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
Alright here is my entry. I call it "Padme Heist". Here we have IG-86 and Bossk kidnapping Padme. Their getaway ship is IG-86's Mini-Cargo ship. He purchased from a down on his luck smuggler that couldn't afford to maintain the ship anymore. IG-86 fixed her up and upgraded her for bounty hunter duty. Anyway, the two bounty hunters teamed up for this nearly impossible job of kidnapping Padme. Count Dooku supplied them with a commando droid disguised as a clone to infiltrate security. The commando droid completed his mission but was destroyed by Padme's Senate Commando body guard. The Senate Commando was unsuccessful in trying to rescue Padme. After he finally chased down the commando droid he was slotted by Bossk.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 05:32:28 PM »
Looks sharp!  Nice entry CS.  I got another via email today, so I am excited to see them all!