Author Topic: NFL 2009  (Read 17184 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
NFL 2009
« on: February 04, 2009, 05:38:59 PM »
I know that it's early but I am already missing seeing a weekly football game or two.
  I've  got some news tidbits from the KC Chiefs camp. RB Larry Johnson and TE Tony Gonzales have stated that they would like to be traded off. I think that we can live without LJ but I would really hate to see TG go. He is a world class TE and always has been. It will really hurt the Chiefs to lose his talent.

Now I'm sure that you heard that Scott Pioli from the Patriots camp is the Chiefs new general manager but I heard today that the Chiefs were given permission to speak with Arizona Cardinals Offensive Coordinator ,Todd Haley about being the Chiefs new head coach. Former Chiefs Head Coach, Herm Edwards was let go two weeks ago.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: NFL 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm definitely interested to see what comes of the Chiefs this year.  It sounds like a lot of turmoil there.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »
Are they going after the offensive coordinator of Arizona? He seems like a good canidate. It seems like all the experienced head coaches are  gettin couched! I thought for sure we would have seen Marty Shottenheimer by now, but it seems the trend is to go with younger and not as much experience. Guess it worked in Pittsburg!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »
I feel that Herm was just too docile of a coach and that we needed more of a drill sgt type. I know that Pioli and Haley have worked together before. Hopefully, these two can whip the team back into shape. Even though we didn't win much, last year, I did like watching the rookie heavy team evolve and felt that they were on the right track. I still dread the impending loss of TG, though. His great plays always had a way of creating momentum. I can understand that he would like to give his great career a silver lining by playing for a winning superbowl team. You know that this will be his 10th pro-bowl.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
I saw his interview where he said that he wouldn't mind staying with the team if it looked like they were gonna stop rebuilding and start winning! I am kinda anxious to see who were are gonna loose this year. Man I hope our schedule isn't as tough as it was this year! From what I hear Miami has a horrible schedule.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 09:28:34 AM »
I saw his interview where he said that he wouldn't mind staying with the team if it looked like they were gonna stop rebuilding and start winning! I am kinda anxious to see who were are gonna loose this year. Man I hope our schedule isn't as tough as it was this year! From what I hear Miami has a horrible schedule.
Sounds like he is still on the fence about it. He could probably do without glory hound LJ, also. I'll bet that alot of teams would like to have him.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 09:37:16 AM »
yeah, he is gonna make some money! He really has to go with the highest bidder as he is a veteran and could really be thinking about retirement after this contract.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 08:19:34 AM »
The Chiefs say now that there looking into recruting Casteel from the Pats to fill one of the spots in their QB roster. Now I like Tyler Thigpen and think that he matured as a QB quite a bit last season but we could use a good backup.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
lame they traded matt cassel , i kinda hate the pats but i just admired the guts that kid haas !!!
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »
The Pats always seem to have some knowledge that transends rationale NFL understanding. I still would have thought they would have made sure Brady is ok before totally letting him go, but what do I know. Ole Bill is an NFL genious thats for sure, even though his Pats have taken out my Steelers many years I have to admit that.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
i know there r bears fans here. any opinions on your new qb?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »
MAN, I am TORN!  Cutler DOES have one hell of an arm, and he has a good deal of confidence.  Still, I have faith in Orton, too.  Dump Grossman for all I care.  NOW, with that said, Cutler does have a habit of throwing pics in the 4th, and he doesn't have any premier receivers to throw to.  It'll be definitely interesting.  I'm VERY eager to see how it all play out.

Offline Darth Caedus

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »
grossman's already gone isnt he?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 06:35:12 AM »
I was gonna ask Pat what he thought about Cutler coming too. Its been an intersting drama. NFL network has been feeding it like a soap opera. Looks like Dante Stallworth is in a bit of trouble too.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 11:34:36 AM »
The Grossman thing is a head scratcher...I keep hearing that he's gone, but then I hear he's a Free Agent and the Bears are NOT going to resign him, but on Yahoo! Sports he's still listed as a bear.  Good riddance to him tho.