Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 391200 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2115 on: September 14, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
Bought two Jon "Dutch" Vander figures of Hasbro's ebay store for some planned customs. They were $4.99 each, free shipping.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2116 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »
   That's  a  great deal GL1!
  I got me a MIB Kenner Deluxe Probe droid, for about 10 bucks with shipping. I remember when I got one as a kid, i was on vacation. I dont remember anything  about the vacation, but i remember getting one of these. Its a great figure, its stood the test of time and hasn't been replaced as a great probe droid.  Hasbro did a repaint several years ago but didn't  change the structure of the figure. I will make a custom out of it. Cleaning the lines getting rid of the missile, and of course a repaint. Outside of that there's not much that needs fixing.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:26:32 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2117 on: September 15, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »
Probe Droids are awesome. I would love to see em make a deluxe pack of one of those in six inch scale. Me and about a million others I am sure. Good deal on Hasbro's eBay Store.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2118 on: September 15, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
I still have my POTF Probe Droid. Great deal on that too.

I scored a Titanium Ultra Vader TIE from ebay for $9.95.  After shipping it came to $17 and change. I'm amazed at the deals I've been getting, and now I've completed the Titanium Ultra part of my collection. I was also surprised to see there was a Vader figure inside.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2119 on: September 22, 2016, 07:57:58 PM »
I made an in-store purchase today!  :o

While in Walmart I scanned the Special Ops TIE and an armor-up Special Forces TIE pilot. They scanned much cheaper than what their tags said, so I walked out with both for under $25.

The wings are warped, but I'm going to probably customize it anyway, so no real issue.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2120 on: September 22, 2016, 08:38:22 PM »
Great deals! I picked one up at Target last week for $13.78. The wings were warped to hell on mine too. Besides the rubbery wings its actually not that bad. I thought the under-side of the cockpit to store the pilot's weapon was a neat touch.

One Walmart near me finally lowered the Resistance X-wings to $25 so I snagged one tonight. I plan to customize it into a Red Squadron X-wing.

Last Sunday before work I picked up another First Order Stormtrooper. Still on clearance for $10.83.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2121 on: September 23, 2016, 02:07:37 AM »
I can't even find time to take a picture, but my Sideshow AT-AT Driver came in today. It was indeed pricey, but hands down is the best representation of this character I have seen. Its not perfect, but daggone close!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2122 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »
Scored an Action Fleet X-wing (Wedge's) on ebay for just $9.80 shipped. It came with the R2 unit, no Wedge. I'm looking to customize it a bit as my own personal X-wing. Yeah I love Action Fleet that much lol. My favorite/lucky number is 2 so that's why I picked up Wedge's.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2123 on: September 24, 2016, 01:10:33 PM »
Found a couple of the Rogue One VS. 2 packs at the local Walmart in Lees summit, Mo today that raised a red flag at the register when I went to pay but, when the supervisor didn't appear to check my questionable "not supposed to be on the shelf yet" items, my cashier typed around the problem and now they are mine.
$14.95 each was the damage.
  These things aren't set to hit the shelves till next Friday, I believe.
No sign of the six inchers or any singles from that Line. Just stacks of pegwarmers.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:37:22 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2124 on: September 25, 2016, 05:48:08 AM »
Hey Clint, good to see you back! I wondered what you were up too.

I am surprised more folks aren't getting the goods. I think some stores are already setting our their stuff.

On another note, I put in my order for that great Death Star Playset you saw on the front page. So cool!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2125 on: September 25, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
I Seen that. Very droolworthy indeed.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2126 on: September 25, 2016, 07:26:33 PM »
Still haven't seen any Rogue One product yet here in RI. However a fellow scummer from Boston stated he saw the new U-wing and TIE Striker.

I picked up a First Order TIE Fighter Elite pilot from Walmart this morning before work (armor up version). It was on clearance for $7 but surprisingly rang up for $4.28. Got him for my Special Ops TIE.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2127 on: September 26, 2016, 05:12:33 PM »
Came home from work and a few packages were waiting for me.

- A few mixed parts of build-a-droid pieces from Disney and The Legacy Collection. I ended up making my own personal astromech unit, which can be seen in my custom figures thread.

- Picked up a custom Shadows of the Empire Dash Rendar figure from the Battle of Hoth. As a pilot collector and huge fan of Shadows I had to get this. I have a pilot Dash but it isn't super articulated. I love the cardback, but I really want to take him out of the package. What's awesome is in the item description on ebay, it said this was made by Wookieballs, so if you're reading this, great custom! (the seller wasn't Wookieballs himself). The auction was also up for charity, which was great.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2128 on: September 29, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »
Happy (early) Force Friday to me!

I stopped in a Walmart near my job and they had the new 3.75" Black Series on the pegs a day early. I went to a self-checkout and scanned them, they didn't ring up properly, it came up as an error. The girl working the self-checkout was confused and grabbed the manager in charge. She said it must be from the inventory change. They asked me what the price was, which I told them the pegs said $10.83. They put the price in manually for both and off I went with the figures, no issues!

I'm glad I got these a day early, I see these going fast.

Offline Alliance nerd

• Cadet
  • Scarlet Hark's boyfriend
« Reply #2129 on: September 30, 2016, 04:50:49 AM »
I got Dexter Jettster, Ep3 Capt Antilles, and Ep3 Mon Mothma yesterday (ebay purchase). 

Jettster is for a custom.