Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 384210 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1935 on: January 24, 2016, 03:53:21 PM »
I've been tempted several times to get those Disney ships, but I can't afford to collect another line. :/

I hear ya. I was iffy on these but they grew on me. Try starting with ones you would like to get. The TIE Fighters and Vader's TIE are nice but sometimes the wings come in broken, its hit or miss. You can skip over Boba Fett's Slave I. You're better off with the Titanium Ultra version of that ship, that one is far superior.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1936 on: January 25, 2016, 06:51:06 AM »
Ah yes. The continual battle I play with collecting a new line. Trying to resist getting into Bandai, Mafex, and S.H. Figurarts now but wow it is so hard. The kits are so cool. That and the movie realization figures.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1937 on: January 26, 2016, 06:43:15 PM »
Forum member watertorture from Rebelscum was kind enough to make me an articulated Dash Rendar figure. I have given up with waiting for Hasbro to update Dash, and I considered this a gift to myself. While making Dash, he asked me if I would also like a Leebo figure. He made Leebo from a 2-1B Medical Droid, and I supplied him with a Dash figure because I liked that head sculpt. He shipped them out today but not before sending me some pics beforehand.

He is also the same person who made a Matt, Radar Technician figure from the Star Wars SNL skit where Kylo Ren went on Undercover Boss.

This is why I love this community.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1938 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »
Looks pretty cool. Dave you need to get that guy posting his customs over here. I would definitely spotlight him. these are great!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1939 on: January 28, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
I've been tempted several times to get those Disney ships, but I can't afford to collect another line. :/

I hear ya. I was iffy on these but they grew on me. Try starting with ones you would like to get. The TIE Fighters and Vader's TIE are nice but sometimes the wings come in broken, its hit or miss. You can skip over Boba Fett's Slave I. You're better off with the Titanium Ultra version of that ship, that one is far superior.

My problem is that I really wanted the Star Destroyer, but then started purchasing the Armada miniatures. I feel like I would be buying the same thing over again if I purchased it. I also ended up receiving the Titanium versions of the TFA X-wings for Christmas, and I already own the 3.75 scales one, so I don't know if I can warrant buying them in another scale.

The battle is real!!!!  :P

And excellent SOTE customs! I wish Dash and Leebo would have made it into a comic pack before they stopped making those. As a kid, Dash was always "me" when I played with my toys. Ahh, the good ol' days!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1940 on: January 29, 2016, 03:54:59 PM »
A comic pack of Dash and Leebo would have been fantastic. Not only we would have gotten an updated Dash, but it would have been the first Leebo figure made. I was holding out hope when they made the Leia/Xizor 2 pack but it never happened.

Picked up the Resistance X-wing today. I love the colors on Poe's X-wing, but overall I like this one better as the laser cannons aren't warped.

I think I'm liking full time.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #1941 on: January 29, 2016, 05:51:31 PM »
My wife and I ran around to 3 different TRUs collecting the 4 "Epic Battles" Medals.

I ended up with 2 complete sets and an extra Hoth Medal that the girl at TRU inadvertently gave us when she pulled out our Hoth Medals after taking our certificates.

I am keeping 1 set for my collection and the second set and spare Hoth Medal are going into my Swap Shop after Photobucket finishes their maintenance.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1942 on: January 30, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
Bit the bullet and bought a 5 POA Asty today. Not a fan of 5 POA (and that banana visor) but I did like the character and I'm also a Beastie Boys fan. If the Resistance X-wing goes on clearance I can get him his own X-wing. Also got the Titanium First Order Transporter from Target. It was the only one on the shelf. I really like the design, very OT like.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #1943 on: January 30, 2016, 08:48:08 PM »
Those medals are really cool, I think it's a great promotional idea!

Goldleaderone, I was in the same boat when I purchased Atsy. I can't stand 5 POA/non-removable helmet figures, but I love pilots. For some reason, I gave in and actually purchased a second blue Resistance X-Wing for that figure to pilot. I'm not sure why.  :P

Eventually, I'd like to hang my 3 TFA X-Wings up somewhere, but not until I leave my apartment and have a place of my own.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1944 on: January 31, 2016, 06:11:30 AM »
I hear you guys on the 5 POA Figures. I will admit I have picked up a few of the FO Troopers. Still, once I got that WM FO Stormy in my hand I didn't pick up any more. I also hate paying 13 bucks for a fully articulated 3.75" figure when the 6" ones are about $19! What a conundrum!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1945 on: February 02, 2016, 07:25:38 PM »
Picked up a 3.75" Finn today.

I have to admit, the collecting bug has bit me even more lately. My pilot collection is up to date (just missing the Dagger Squadron pilot) so now I'm looking to collect other figures. I don't even have any Luke, Han, Chewie, Vader or Stormtrooper figures. What I'm doing now is I'm just getting the main characters in their "main" outfits from the films. I'm not going to get every variation, I don't need a Hoth Chewie with snow paint job when a regular Chewie will do. I'll still focus on pilots, but this way now I'll have some variety.

Also my Dash and Leebo figures came in the other day. I displayed them with my custom Shadows Luke and they look great.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1946 on: February 03, 2016, 03:39:20 AM »
I have to catch up on some of the SA Wally World Figures too. Outside of Ren and the FO Stormtrooper I haven't picked up much. I am liking the FO Troopers.

I did order the 6" Flamethrower trooper while it was $22 the other day I posted. I also got in that Death Star Trench Run 3D Hologram from Zebra Imaging and wow is it cool. I did a review video I am editing now. Look for it to show up soon. Pretty pricey, but so cool. I have the trench run in the middle of my collection room  now!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #1947 on: February 03, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
 I had some time before work so I stopped in Walgreens and low and behold, I finally found the Rebel Snowspeeder, Vader's TIE and B-wing. They charged about $2 more but even then, I still got them cheaper then resorting to ebay. I should have been looking there in the first place!

I'm now after the A-wing, Slave I and AT-AT and I should be caught up.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #1948 on: February 03, 2016, 10:30:18 PM »
Golderleaderone, awesome Luke custom as well. I wish SOTE would have seen a few more SA figure releases. :/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1949 on: February 04, 2016, 03:34:20 AM »